WTF did you shoot today?

DougE

Re: WTF did you shoot today?

Post by DougE » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:31 pm

Played 27 holes today. Wasn't planning to, but one of my regular golf buddies who was on the practice green, saw me on the 14th and joined me there. He was just warming up by the 18th and wanted to play more, so I joined him for another nine. Shot 40/43/40. 43 on the back kind of pissed me off. I played better than that.

I'm sore right now, but with the cold weather forecast to return over the weekend, and expected to stay cold for another extended spell, figured I better take what I could get. It was high 60s today and kinda balmy. Ball didn't seem to travel as far as it did yesterday in dry 50s. There was 10-15 mph wind though. I was clubbing up all day.

sjduffers

Post by sjduffers » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:36 pm

I shot a decent 82 (par 72) on the Big Island of Hawaii, in perfect weather: i think 82 was the temp too, or around there, very sunny and clear and a bit of wind but nothing terrible.

This was after waking up to the sound of the emergency alert on my phone calling for imminent nuclear doom. So I kissed my wife and my okole (ie my rear-end) goodbye! It didn't seem real, but there it was written in black and white on the phone (with the warning sounds too). It took me 10-15 minutes to find out it was a false alarm, but it took the state 38 minutes to send another emergency alert message cancelling the first one!

After that a couple of 3-putts didn't seem like a big deal.
I'm gonna go low this time...

DougE

Post by DougE » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:16 pm

That must have seemed surreal at the time. I was watching CNN as they covered the mishap all day. Felt terrible for those on the Island. Had to be the longest 38 minutes ever. Bet you really enjoyed your round today.

sjduffers

Post by sjduffers » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:44 pm

The most fearsome words in that alert: THIS IS NOT A DRILL. The whole thing was written in all caps too...

Lots of people really panicked, especially on Oahu. It was eerily over here. And I did enjoy my round quite a lot, thank you, even having a thought for you guys in the frozen East afterwards.
I'm gonna go low this time...

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:14 pm

sjduffers wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:36 pm
I shot a decent 82 (par 72) on the Big Island of Hawaii, in perfect weather: i think 82 was the temp too, or around there, very sunny and clear and a bit of wind but nothing terrible.

This was after waking up to the sound of the emergency alert on my phone calling for imminent nuclear doom. So I kissed my wife and my okole (ie my rear-end) goodbye! It didn't seem real, but there it was written in black and white on the phone (with the warning sounds too). It took me 10-15 minutes to find out it was a false alarm, but it took the state 38 minutes to send another emergency alert message cancelling the first one!

After that a couple of 3-putts didn't seem like a big deal.
Just looking at a screencap of the alert made my neck-hairs stand up. I am a little surprised that no heart attacks were caused.
vamos a jugar por la playa