Welcome to Legitimategolf Forum BETA

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: Welcome to Legitimategolf Forum BETA

Postby legitimatebeef » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:15 pm

jasonfish11 wrote:There is no restrictive policy here. You are free to post on other forums and talk about other forums.

Just be careful MattF blows a gasket when you mention Nathan or Oob

Yup we basically have martial law here. So far so good!
insufficient data

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Postby legitimatebeef » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:21 pm

Duke of Hazards wrote:Hey, cap'n! Busted any windchimes lately?

God damn, love that story! I picture a woman in tears, inconsolable, her back turned as a cringing, tiptoeing DougE offers up a timid apology. "JUST GO AWAY, HAVEN'T YOU DONE ENOUGH?!?!"
insufficient data

DougE

Postby DougE » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:57 pm

Yeah, that was a true story . Since then, the two guys I was with that day, along with both of their wives have read the story and loved it. I had to make copies for them. Yes, one of the wives was the woman who told me to "just go away." She actually has opened her heart to me after reading the story (and getting my gift card in the mail). BTW, I have never once come close to hitting that house again, or any one near it, over the years. However, a guy I was playing with came very close last season. I just looked the other way and pretended I wasn't with him.

Interestingly enough, that whole row of houses where I smashed the windchime has been hit so many times that the owners have complained to the course and offered to pay to have the design/layout of the hole changed. Management decided to accommodate them. It's supposedly costing about 80K to move the sets of tees further to the left, put a bunker in on the right side of the fairway and take out a bunker that was on the left side of the fairway to encourage aiming shots more to the left of where the houses are. Last week when I was back in town for a round with a couple of my regular golf buddies, the work was almost complete. It's a totally different hole now, probably a bit more difficult. But, odds are, those houses will still get hit. It's golf. Shit happens.

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Postby bkuehn1952 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:50 pm

Yes, if there is one thing I have learned, everything can be hit given the opportunity.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

Return to “The Legitimategolf Forum”