Welcome to Legitimategolf Forum BETA

legitimategolf
Site Admin

Welcome to Legitimategolf Forum BETA

Postby legitimategolf » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:55 am

(BK, sorry for the dehumanizing language of the original automated post.)

Welcome early adopters. So glad you could make it. There were a couple motivations for starting this forum. One was the decline of the old oob forum, and the opportunity to pick away at its still warm corpse. Only half joking of course. Then there was the realization that "legitimategolf" is not just about me, and my dream of playing respectable golf--it's about all of us together. With a great domain name, comes great responsibility--right? There are a lot of people, I believe, who are hardcore about this Game, but might not quite identify with any of the other golf boards out there. Or with any of the existing stereotypes of golfers for that matter.

Or maybe you are a total stereotype. It doesn't matter, you're still welcome. Ultimately what we all have in common is, I think, is that we just want to play our ball, and play it straight. My goal for this board is to offer a clean simple interface, where the golf-afflicted can come together and have fun and interesting conversations as well as exchange ideas and pass on wisdom. Without a lot of heavy handed moderating or intrusive advertising. A cool place to hang basically.

Thanks for coming. Enjoy. It's not much right now, but hey, we got words, we got topics and polls, we got avatars and photos even. If you don't see it, feel free to offer up suggestions.

-LG
Teen 'cap wasteland. It's only teen 'cap wasteland.

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Re: Welcome to phpBB3

Postby bkuehn1952 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:10 pm

I feel like I am about to be absorbed by the borg. Hope it is not painful.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

JPJ

Postby JPJ » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:04 pm

Hello!

So, 'Beef stole my idea, er, I mean, beat me to it...

Either way, well played. I like.
Golf is too hard. Stupid golf.

jfurr

Postby jfurr » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:16 pm

Welcome guys. Yeah it is just a start, going to need to shake out some options and customize to liking.
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

JPJ

Postby JPJ » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:40 pm

Can I suggest the name "xoobers"?
Golf is too hard. Stupid golf.

sjduffers

Re: Welcome to Legitimategolf Forum BETA

Postby sjduffers » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:13 pm

Howdy partners!

Glad to be on (the) board. Well done, Mr. Legit.
I'm gonna go low this time...

MattF

Postby MattF » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:57 pm

Well hell. Got the PM and had to come and join in the fun. No downer posts from me...I just leave that to attacking skygolf.
Throw me another ball will ya!

dusty23

Postby dusty23 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:26 pm

Glad to be aboard with so many OOBer's, thanks to Beef, they never get rid of us

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Postby jasonfish11 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:47 pm

Glad to be here. I was wondering what I was going to do at work when they got rid of oob.
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

brianmk24

Postby brianmk24 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:50 pm

Excellent idea..as Beef requested, reppin' the Tri-state (Jersey still sucks though)

F$#@ing BBCode is everywhere! (yeah, I'm nerdy on Friday nights too)

Duke of Hazards

Postby Duke of Hazards » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:47 pm

Sorry I'm late to the party. Been busy not playing golf.

legitimategolf
Site Admin

Postby legitimategolf » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:04 pm

Duke of Hazards wrote:Sorry I'm late to the party. Been busy not playing golf.

Well looky what we have here. You know, actual golf is not required before posting. Anyways BIENVENIDO my southern california friend.
Teen 'cap wasteland. It's only teen 'cap wasteland.

DougE

Postby DougE » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:30 am

Hey, I know I'm late for the party, but you never want to be the first one there. Can we say I've been "fashionably" late? Thanks for leaving the door open.

bkuehn1952

Postby bkuehn1952 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:06 am

DougE wrote:Hey, I know I'm late for the party, but you never want to be the first one there. Can we say I've been "fashionably" late? Thanks for leaving the door open.

Welcome to the party. You may want to review some of the older stuff to get up to speed. As a brief introductory synopsis:

Legitimatebeef has pretty much quit playing golf and spends his days honing his swing in front of a mirror (his 36 holes at Dyker notwithstanding)

jfurr has quit playing golf and started a rock band. They will be touring with Taylor Swift next summer.

MattF has been retained by the U.N. to mediate difficult international disputes because of his gentle and non-confrontational approach to disagreements.

Dusty23 has recovered from surgery but apparently they transplanted Jordan Spieth's short game into his body.

JPJ has decided to devote his full energies to making baseball the most popular sport in England. The results so far speak for themselves.

Bryan K is on another sabbatical from discussing or playing golf

sjduffers and Duke of Hazards are likely making the turn to the back nine as I type this (Bastards!)

CeeBee continues to be the best golfer on the site

jev will be heard from when discussing weather, Rules of Golf and wooden shoes.

SteveMM is still looking for his game and we are looking for him.

srogers continues to lay in wait for one of us to make a comment that allows him to skewer us with his sardonic wit or point out that his weather is great in January. Bastard.

brianmk24, Coda1850, GBOGEY,jasonfish11, jattruia and bkuehn1952 remain the only really decent guys on the site. So if you are assembling a friend/foe listing, you know where we go.
Let's Play 36

jasonfish11

Postby jasonfish11 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:54 am

Welcome doug

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Postby legitimatebeef » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:57 am

jasonfish11 wrote:Welcome doug

Way to roll out the welcome mat, guy. Hey DougE, can you believe this guy's a moderator now? Of this site? Anyways he is glad to have you (back) as am I. What became of you since the old Oob band broke up? Fill us in.
insufficient data

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Postby legitimatebeef » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:59 am

bkuehn1952 wrote:JPJ has decided to devote his full energies to making baseball the most popular sport in England. The results so far speak for themselves.

Good stuff Brian. :lol:
insufficient data

Coda1850

Postby Coda1850 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:46 pm

How you doin' DougE!
Too funny, bkuehn1952. Lol.
Low Round: 83, +11 Green Hill - 09/15/14
Low Round: 83, +11 Indian Meadows - 09/12/15

Mark unread?

sjduffers

Postby sjduffers » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:50 pm

@bkuehn1952, I vote this best post of the year :clap: , notwithstanding @legitimatebeef descriptions of his newlyfound understanding of the golf swing mechanics. :thumbup:

Hey, @DougE, welcome! :wave: Please tell us all about where you've been in the year+ that oobgolf has been disintegrating...
I'm gonna go low this time...

srogers13

Postby srogers13 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:37 pm

bkuehn1952 wrote:
DougE wrote:Hey, I know I'm late for the party, but you never want to be the first one there. Can we say I've been "fashionably" late? Thanks for leaving the door open.

Welcome to the party. You may want to review some of the older stuff to get up to speed. As a brief introductory synopsis:

srogers continues to lay in wait for one of us to make a comment that allows him to skewer us with his sardonic wit or point out that his weather is great in January. Bastard.

12390850_1273675079316743_4871684876819415138_n.jpg
12390850_1273675079316743_4871684876819415138_n.jpg (93.08 KiB) Viewed 1873 times

I am in touch with that emotion.
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

DougE

Postby DougE » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:37 pm

Wow, thanks for all the welcoming replies guys. I've missed you all. I have gotten to stay in touch with some ex-oobers over at SG360, but it's not the same enjoyment over there that it was on oob during the better times. This place looks a lot more interesting. And seems to have a pretty good bit of traffic. It's great to see so many familiar screen names. Look forward to joining the discussions with all of you.

I actually signed up here two days after it was launched back in November of 2014, but for whatever reason, I never checked back in until jasonfish prodded me to do so last week when he stopped by SG360, which btw, is pretty much dead as a door nail in the forums. With the exception of a few ex-oobers, there are very few contributors over there. Hope the fact that Jason stopped in doesn't get him in trouble with the legitimate crowd. You can all blame him when I start running at the mouth with my long-winded posts over here.

Brian, thanks for bringing me up to date. It's good to know so many of these guys have progressed in their lives so much. :roll: BTW, am I allowed to mention your buddy Bill Earle here or should we just let him stay over at SG? ;)

Beef, good to hear your pessimistic, cynical, big city perspectives on things are still on track. I really missed that. (Actually there is a lot of that in me too, so I can relate.) Seriously though, the creativity in your writing has always been appreciated by me (and I am sure, many others).

JFurr, I thought of you at Thanksgiving when I drove through Colombia, SC on my way to FL. First time I ever went that route, but was driving from a new home starting point which gave me the opportunity to skip most of I-95, which leads me to....

My big news since I was last together with you all includes a move from CT to MD and a new membership at Worthington Manor, in Urbana. Here's a link if anyone is interested. https://www.worthingtonmanor.com It's a really nice place, very challenging and literally right around the corner from my new house. I could hit driver from my front lawn to the 12th fairway. Well, maybe I couldn't, but Bubba could! It's maybe 300 yards or so away. I am also now ten minutes away from CeeBee. We haven't played together yet, but we finally met in person. I'm afraid he's gonna kick my butt when we do play. I'm gonna ask for 3 strokes a side. You can be sure there definitely won't be any money involved. In addition to Worthington, there are a number of other really nice, challenging courses in the area. Maybe that's why CeeBee is so good. He's played them all. Looking forward to playing with him. Maybe I'll learn something. (Is that enough pressure on you Chris?)

Well, as soon as I get some free time, I'll start perusing these forums and be sure to start adding my $0.02 to many. Thanks again for welcoming me back. We'll be talking.

jasonfish11

Postby jasonfish11 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:45 am

There is no restrictive policy here. You are free to post on other forums and talk about other forums.

Just be careful MattF blows a gasket when you mention Nathan or Oob

DougE

Postby DougE » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:13 am

jasonfish11 wrote:
Just be careful MattF blows a gasket when you mention Nathan or Oob

So nothing has changed.

No one was tougher on Nathan and Oob than MattF. He fought the battle hard for us all over there. I'm sure he pissed them off more than the rest of us put together. They deserved it.

What ever happened to Torleif (sp)? He went over to SG360 as a moderator/writer and was putting up daily stories on the cover page, then all of a sudden, disappeared one day in early summer, never to be seen or heard from again. He did not end up here, did he? Sure would like to hear what he has to say about the behind-the-scenes at oob. He was part of it.

Duke of Hazards

Postby Duke of Hazards » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:20 am

Hey, cap'n! Busted any windchimes lately?

bkuehn1952

Postby bkuehn1952 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:11 pm

Duke of Hazards wrote:Hey, cap'n! Busted any windchimes lately?

:thumbup:
Let's Play 36

Return to “The Legitimategolf Forum”