Spring 2019 Golf

srogers13

Re: Spring 2019 Golf

Post by srogers13 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:33 pm

As someone who lived in Florida for a long time, we learned long ago to not contribute to the "homeless." The vast majority of these beggars were in fact not homeless, but leeches who preyed on the gullibility and guilt of the tourists. They often worked in teams, and would pull in four figures a day.
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:40 pm

Florida is literally the panhandle state.
Build a bridge and get over it.

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:29 am

We are slowly drying out. That being said, there are still plugged drives and standing water on the course. I played yesterday and actually got some decent roll on a few drives. We may have turned the corner.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:53 pm

Well, couple of inches of snow expected tonight. Should be pretty tomorrow morning. :puke
Let's Play 36

DougE

Post by DougE » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:39 am

bkuehn1952 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:53 pm
Well, couple of inches of snow expected tonight. Should be pretty tomorrow morning. :puke
That REALLY sucks. I guess I shouldn't complain about the 20-25 mph wind we had yesterday, since it was 65 and sunny.....with no snow.

DougE

Post by DougE » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:52 pm

I got in 20 rounds of golf and lots of practice time out on the course as well in April, bringing my total for 2019 up to 48 rounds, so far. My fingers are all cracked and need to be taped daily; shoulders are sore and need ice daily; tendonitis is still bothering both elbows, but I'm only wearing a brace on the right one; and my thoracic back ain't feeling too comfy, yet I am hoping to keep playing at this somewhat excessive rate in the months to come. My goal is for 175 rounds, but at this pace, I could break my record of 199 rounds in a year. (2017)

I hope you boys all join me in trying to play a lot of golf this year, and consequently, have some good golf stuff to write about here on LegitimateGolf.

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:31 am

I'm done giving a damn about my elbow. It's been 2+ months of resting and doesn't seem any better.

I set up the in home range last night and have hit 100+ irons since. I'm going to swing till my elbow falls off (or I shoot something in the upper 90s again.)
Keep it short stupid.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed May 01, 2019 9:37 am

DougE wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:52 pm
I got in 20 rounds of golf and lots of practice time out on the course as well in April, bringing my total for 2019 up to 48 rounds, so far. My fingers are all cracked and need to be taped daily; shoulders are sore and need ice daily; tendonitis is still bothering both elbows, but I'm only wearing a brace on the right one; and my thoracic back ain't feeling too comfy, yet I am hoping to keep playing at this somewhat excessive rate in the months to come. My goal is for 175 rounds, but at this pace, I could break my record of 199 rounds in a year. (2017)

I hope you boys all join me in trying to play a lot of golf this year, and consequently, have some good golf stuff to write about here on LegitimateGolf.
For a split second after I read this post, I thought we were back in January.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed May 01, 2019 9:38 am

jasonfish11 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:31 am
I'm done giving a damn about my elbow. It's been 2+ months of resting and doesn't seem any better.

I set up the in home range last night and have hit 100+ irons since. I'm going to swing till my elbow falls off (or I shoot something in the upper 90s again.)
Squeeze a goddamn tennis ball while you're on the couch watching tube.

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:23 am

legitimatebeef wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:38 am
jasonfish11 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:31 am

Squeeze a goddamn tennis ball while you're on the couch watching tube.
I have been. The only thing that keeps the pain away while doing activities (typing apparently is a physical activity when you hit 35+) is the elbow strap.
Keep it short stupid.

GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY » Thu May 02, 2019 9:04 am

DougE wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:52 pm
Due to an illness and lots and lots of rain, played only 7 times in April compared to 6 in January. Forecast for Saturday - rain.

CeeBee

Post by CeeBee » Thu May 02, 2019 6:02 pm

38 rounds for April. Playing well. No knee pain as of now.
Tee it up!

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:47 am

I'm actually going to play golf today. It's a 4 man scramble with work and the 3 guys I'm with will be drunk by the 5th hole (we start on 4). So yesterday I did some long drive practice give that is the only thing I can win (other than a hole in one car).

I was consistently getting ball speeds in the 158+ range and basically sending them on target. I got two of them out past 300 yards. From prior years 280+ will be a hard number to beat in this group. There are probably only 3 or 4 of us that can get it out there and of those none of us are consistent enough to be in the narrow fairway. Long drive gets $500 which I'll obviously split with the charity.
Keep it short stupid.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu May 09, 2019 8:47 am

Sounds like a nutsack-splittin' good time.

CeeBee

Post by CeeBee » Thu May 09, 2019 9:30 am

Oops. Just noticed this error. 38 rounds so far this year . My bad
Tee it up!

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:26 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:47 am
You said it.

I won a closest to the pin at around 18". Hole in one prize for that hole was a 7 day cruise with balcony room.

I've realized that Im just not an athlete. Two guys I was playing with were hitting the ball better than me. They play once a year for the last 3-4 years. :facepalm

I'm just not athletic, everything sports related comes a lot harder for me than it seems to come for other people.
Keep it short stupid.

DougE

Post by DougE » Thu May 09, 2019 8:12 pm

Got in some good golfin' today. Been playin well lately, though not scorin' all that great. Course is playing tough--US Open Qualifier tough--and the greens are still not healed, but I am hitting the ball well, just the same. Played 18, came in afterward, around 2, had lunch, then drove home. I realized when I got there that I still had my golf shoes on. I never went up to the locker room to change after lunch. Consequently, I left my wallet in my locker with my street shoes. So I turned around and went back to the course. It was so nice out, I felt like going back out, instead of changing my shoes. So I played another nine, for the hell of it. Actually shot a 39, after an 82 earlier in the day. I might play another 27 tomorrow if I hit the ball as well as I did today.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri May 10, 2019 9:29 am

jasonfish11 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:26 pm
legitimatebeef wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:47 am
You said it.

I won a closest to the pin at around 18". Hole in one prize for that hole was a 7 day cruise with balcony room.

I've realized that Im just not an athlete. Two guys I was playing with were hitting the ball better than me. They play once a year for the last 3-4 years. :facepalm

I'm just not athletic, everything sports related comes a lot harder for me than it seems to come for other people.
Stop with the loser talk, you loser. Are you still doing the squats? I don't feel athletically inclined much either, the only solution is just to work harder at it. Why do you think I am in the gym all the time. That's right, I am overcompensating for feelings of inadequacy. And that's the way it should be :fk Because what is the alternative? Giving up. Feeling inadequate is a blessing in disguise, a strength masquerading as a weakness. When you don't feel inadequate you tend to not push yourself, which is the real road to ruin.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri May 10, 2019 9:30 am

DougE wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:12 pm
Got in some good golfin' today. Been playin well lately, though not scorin' all that great. Course is playing tough--US Open Qualifier tough--and the greens are still not healed, but I am hitting the ball well, just the same. Played 18, came in afterward, around 2, had lunch, then drove home. I realized when I got there that I still had my golf shoes on. I never went up to the locker room to change after lunch. Consequently, I left my wallet in my locker with my street shoes. So I turned around and went back to the course. It was so nice out, I felt like going back out, instead of changing my shoes. So I played another nine, for the hell of it. Actually shot a 39, after an 82 earlier in the day. I might play another 27 tomorrow if I hit the ball as well as I did today.
:puke I might as well be reading Penthouse Forum.

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri May 10, 2019 11:12 am

legitimatebeef wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:29 am

Stop with the loser talk, you loser. Are you still doing the squats? I don't feel athletically inclined much either, the only solution is just to work harder at it. Why do you think I am in the gym all the time. That's right, I am overcompensating for feelings of inadequacy. And that's the way it should be :fk Because what is the alternative? Giving up. Feeling inadequate is a blessing in disguise, a strength masquerading as a weakness. When you don't feel inadequate you tend to not push yourself, which is the real road to ruin.
Doing squats occasionally. I've been really busy at work so I have been forgetting to stand more often than not. Which means I'm not doing squats.

And I completely understand that I could just work harder, it's a matter of motivation and is golf something I really want to put the time into?

I thought about it over the last couple months while I wasn't playing golf due to my elbow, and not putting the effort and "work" into golf was pretty freeing and I enjoyed it. I get to spend more time with my family and I don't feel like I'm missing much by not playing. So I decided to move away from trying to get as good as I can get (for now), and want to focus on just going and having fun the few times I do play. If later in life I have more time and want to go back to "serious" golf I'm sure I will. But right now having a sense of "freedom" related to not taking golf seriously anymore makes me not really feel like a loser.

I'm not quitting golf, I enjoy it. I'm just not going to take it seriously anymore. I'm just going to take the loser route and focus on other things during my golf round and try not to care about the difference between shooting 73 or 103.
Keep it short stupid.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri May 10, 2019 12:56 pm

Fine I will respect that. Long as you keep working on some sorta self improvement or another. Squatting or whatever. Working on golf game is utter futility I agree. But the goal is not really the point is it, it's about the process. The majority of golfers in the world are playing for insignificant stakes, but that don't mean that any of them ought to quit what they are working on. Ultimately it is fun to try and get better at things. It is frustrating too though. I guess my point is working on golf swing is just another kind of self improvement. One can't just work strictly on their golf swing per se. It is probably more expedient to work on things like posture, strength, flexibility, you get what I'm sayin. People don't suck at swinging because the golf swing is confusing or complicated. More likely they suck because they are kind of out of shape in one way or another (i.e. posture strength flexibility blah blah).

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri May 10, 2019 1:00 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 12:56 pm
Fine I will respect that. Long as you keep working on some sorta self improvement or another. Squatting or whatever. Working on golf game is utter futility I agree. But the goal is not really the point is it, it's about the process. The majority of golfers in the world are playing for insignificant stakes, but that don't mean that any of them ought to quit what they are working on. Ultimately it is fun to try and get better at things. It is frustrating too though. I guess my point is working on golf swing is just another kind of self improvement. One can't just work strictly on their golf swing per se. It is probably more expedient to work on things like posture, strength, flexibility, you get what I'm sayin. People don't suck at swinging because the golf swing is confusing or complicated. More likely they suck because they are kind of out of shape in one way or another (i.e. posture strength flexibility blah blah).
Completely agree.

Also I don't have the personality to just not work on anything. Sure I would like to "retire" at 40-45, but I'll never not work. Retirement to me is just working on my terms.

I am to a point where I really loath sitting on the couch and watching TV. I feel like there is very little benefit. I now feel like if I'm going to "do nothing" I might as well read a fiction book and force my brain to activate. Don't get me wrong I do watch TV, but I watch less and less each week.

I prefer to spend time learning new things, or improving in some fashion. Mostly it's mental more so than physical, although there are arguments that I might want to focus on physical improvement more than I do.
Keep it short stupid.

jfurr

Post by jfurr » Mon May 20, 2019 9:50 pm

I guess summer is here, gonna be over 100º this weekend. I might walk 9 early saturday morning, before the heat rages.
Everything Sucks

GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY » Tue May 21, 2019 9:12 am

Had one of my drier rounds for the year Saturday. Saturday night it absolutely poured - courses totally soft last two days. Now the 14 day forecast shows highs ranging from 86-92 the next two weeks. Guess things will finally dry out. So long Spring, we didn't have a chance to know you.

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:59 am

Someone was citing an interesting stat that over the past 80 days in the Sponge-Like Mitten, we had rain on 67 of the days. As jfish mentioned in another post, the one thing that is really benefiting from our monsoon season is grass. I can barely get the mower through the green crap after 5 days. Give me a little drought for a while. :bawl
Let's Play 36