Game Golf & Golf Pad

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Re: Game Golf & Golf Pad

Postby jasonfish11 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:32 pm

Not when you would be comparing to people in your same scoring bracket.

If you were comparing to the PGA yes it probably would be.

Here was gamegolfs response.

Jake replied:
Hi Jason,

Thanks for reaching out. We’ve been investigating a strokes gained feature set although there’s not much more info I can give in regards to our future plans. But just know it is definitely top of mind. Thanks for your patience, cheers!

For faster answers and tutorials visit our new Support Center at http://www.gamegolfsupport.com/

--
Jake
GAME GOLF
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

Coda1850

Postby Coda1850 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:29 pm

Game Golf is down to $134.99 on Amazon.
Low Round: 83, +11 Green Hill - 09/15/14
Low Round: 83, +11 Indian Meadows - 09/12/15

Mark unread?

brianmk24

Postby brianmk24 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:49 pm

I got GameGolf, but I'm failing at remembering to tag the club at each shot so I've given up on it around the 5th hole on each round that I've tried to use it.

Coda1850

Postby Coda1850 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:58 pm

Mark unread?

jasonfish11

Postby jasonfish11 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:20 pm

Well fuck me. This just made my day. I completely forgot that I worked 12 hours yesterday, and will likely be putting in another 10+ hour day today.

"There are also additions to the post-round analysis as well. There's now a feature called Stroke Gained analysis that helps players find weaknesses in their game to work on during lessons or at the range. It will also put you up against scratch golfers to see which element is contributing to your downfall."

I just spent $79 on Shot by shot which is an annual fee. I can get the strokes gained info for free now with game golf. The post round analysis additions (strokes gained) are going to be given to anyone with a classic or a live device. I just wont have "live" data while playing a round. Which is fine because I dont want real time live data anyways. It would slow me down and make me overthink during a round. I want all my thought and analysis to be between rounds, and only golf to be played between the 1st tee and 18th green.

I guess I'll be seeing if SBS honors their 90 day money back guarantee.

jasonfish11

Postby jasonfish11 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:46 pm

Also I have a feeling the price of game golf classic will now go back up. So if you see it for $135 or $150 like I have at some golf stores recently I'd recommend buying it.

I mean shot by shot costs $79/year and the tagging element is so much nicer than having to manually record everything it is well worth the fixed fee initial investment in game golf now. I also expect the price of their classic device to go back near $175-$200 given this (but I could be wrong).

Or maybe wait to see what actual strokes gained information they will provide. Although I think they will get a massive backlash if they half ass it. Unless they half ass it and say "but these additional features will come out in the fall 2016 release"

Coda1850

Postby Coda1850 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:59 pm

Sorry?
If the Sand Trap didn't change their website I would have found this sooner.

http://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/850 ... ve/?page=1

Mark unread?

jasonfish11

Postby jasonfish11 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:13 pm

I guess you'll be able to pick up a used "classic" version on EBay for cheap. A lot of people on that link are talking about upgrading.

I'm not sure why you need live real time stats during your round, but it may be an opportunity for anyone on the fence to pick up a classic one for <$100.

Coda1850

Postby Coda1850 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:36 pm

I don't have any interest in the new version given the stats will be available post round to the classic version people. It'll be good the classic will be cheaper but I won't buy until next March/April at the earliest. Golf season's coming to an end here in MA.

Mark unread?

jasonfish11

Postby jasonfish11 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:11 pm

I have to give shot by shot props. I have the $79 back in my account already. The owner I emailed was very understanding and nice. I almost felt bad, but I dont think there is any point in me paying extra for duplicated statistics.

Seems like a quality organization if you choose to go that route for your statistics.

MattF

Postby MattF » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:19 am

The classic is available on Amazon at the moment for $126.
Throw me another ball will ya!

jasonfish11

Postby jasonfish11 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:43 pm

So game golf responded to my email about how they will record 1st putt distance. Given it isn't something they currently do.

My hope was you would be able to input 1st putt distance when editing your round. But that currently isn't the case. They will calculate it based on where you tag your 1st putt and where you "place" the flag on the green when editing your round. Which has me a little concerned about being able to determine accurate stats for a single round. You could place the flag a fraction of an inch in a different spot on the screen and it would probably be a 3-8' difference in GPS coordinates.

Over a large amount of data this wont really matter because if you are truly attempting to place the flag in the actual spot then your 1st putt distance should have the same likelihood of being 5' too far as it has of being 5' too close.

They did say they will monitor feedback and may implement the ability to input 1st putt distance as early as their spring 2016 release.

I will reply to ask if the 1st putt distance appear when you are editing your round and update based on where you place the flag. So that it is right when you submit your round.

jasonfish11

Postby jasonfish11 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:41 pm

jasonfish11 wrote:I will reply to ask if the 1st putt distance appear when you are editing your round and update based on where you place the flag. So that it is right when you submit your round.

So for anyone who cares with the 11/9 rollout the 1st putt distance will NOT appear when editing your round. They are planning to add this to a future update (I'm guessing spring release).

They are also trying to update their algorithms to improve the "estimate" of where the pin placement is. From my understanding there is a "level" type device in the belt recorder, so when you bend over to pick the ball out of the hole it uses that motion to mark the pin location. Or at least that is the intent, how well that works I do not know.

jasonfish11

Postby jasonfish11 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:03 am

So game golf entered the shallow end of the strokes gained pool. They basically have your overall Stokes gained (driving, approach, short game, and putting) compared to a scratch golfer. They also have a section with your worst area for each. Like approach from 150-175, short game inside 25 yards and mid range putting.

But I can't find anywhere that they provide a comprehensive analysis, where you can see your strokes gained/lost from each yardage bucket. I'm sure this is just a start for them and they plan to expand. But who knows.

Coda1850

Postby Coda1850 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:58 am

Game Golf Questions:
Penalty shots - do you not tag them & just add them in the editing process?
Provisional shots - do you tag these & remove them if not used?

Thanks.

Mark unread?

jasonfish11

Postby jasonfish11 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:40 am

Don't tag penalty shots. You can add a penalty while editing by right clicking on the shot and selecting add penalty.

You can add a 1 or 2 shot penalty. Adding a penalty wont affect your "shot count" for that hole. For example if you blow one out of bounds and re-tee, hit an approach on the green and 2 putt you'll see 4 shots on your screen when doing the hole review, but in your round review you'll see a 6.

I will only re-tag a provisional if I use a different club, so that my stats can be shown correctly. My last round hole 14 I blocked a drive into the water. I could have advanced the ball 50 yards and drop into the wet rough. I decided to re-tee and hit 3w because it was the better decision given how terribly I am hitting my driver. I did re-tag then so my stats for 3w would be more accurate, and I only added a 1 stroke penalty to my driver. If I had re-hit driver, I wouldn't have re-tagged it and I would have just added a 2 stroke penalty.

I guess either way you are potentially affecting your statistics.

Also if you don't re-tag you'll likely have to delete a detected shot. I'm assuming you aren't able to go back to your bag, get a ball, re-tee (or drop), go through your pre-shot routine and then hit the ball with in 30 seconds of your last time tagging the club. If you cant do it with in 30 seconds it will show up as a detected shot. Just delete that shot and add a penalty for better stat tracking.

Coda1850

Postby Coda1850 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:33 am

Mark unread?

Duke of Hazards

Postby Duke of Hazards » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:13 pm

Score one for the rubber grip peasantry.

DougE

Postby DougE » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:31 am

I think they have won half the battle with this new design. I know, personally, I have always wanted to try GG out, but the sensors on the club ends turned me off, as well as the recorder thingy on your belt. Actually taking a second look, I think they won MORE than half the battle here. Integrating the club end sensors into the grip was the hardest part. It should be relatively easy, comparatively speaking, to come up with a way to streamline the recorder so it is smaller and can look like more of a fashion statement, than a big clunky belt attachment. When they can do that, I believe, they will really have something which looks nearly seamless, to go along with a product that WORKS nearly seamless.

I am hoping the Golf Pride grips in which they are now imbedded are just sort of a beta test, and that ultimately, they will be available in all Golf Pride grips. I am extremely attached to the GP Multi-Compound New Decade grip design I have been playing for the last few years. They are also the most played aftermarket grip out there, so it would make sense to add the sensors as an option to them down the road, I would think.

jasonfish11

Postby jasonfish11 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:59 am

DougE wrote:I think they have won half the battle with this new design. I know, personally, I have always wanted to try GG out, but the sensors on the club ends turned me off, as well as the recorder thingy on your belt. Actually taking a second look, I think they won MORE than half the battle here. Integrating the club end sensors into the grip was the hardest part. It should be relatively easy, comparatively speaking, to come up with a way to streamline the recorder so it is smaller and can look like more of a fashion statement, than a big clunky belt attachment. When they can do that, I believe, they will really have something which looks nearly seamless, to go along with a product that WORKS nearly seamless.

I am hoping the Golf Pride grips in which they are now imbedded are just sort of a beta test, and that ultimately, they will be available in all Golf Pride grips. I am extremely attached to the GP Multi-Compound New Decade grip design I have been playing for the last few years. They are also the most played aftermarket grip out there, so it would make sense to add the sensors as an option to them down the road, I would think.

Have you seen the belt clip? Its really not that clunky. Most of the people I play with dont even notice it unless they are paying attention to my pre-shot routine.

Coda1850

Postby Coda1850 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:16 am

As far as Game Golf & grips... having the grip a person prefers is going to trump the Game Golf being embedded. I'd still rather have the grip I like & the Game Golf screwed in - doesn't bother me at all. It's a start getting it into 1 type of grip tho, another option.

I've also played one only 1 round with it. In regards to the belt clip device, having a pull over on & it on my belt... you couldn't see the belt clip @ all.

I CANNOT wait to get out in the spring just to use this thing more.

I like how they added comparisons to different handicap levels. I'd much rather look to compare vs. 10 & 15 handicaps than scratch.

Mark unread?

jasonfish11

Postby jasonfish11 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:41 am

The only issue I have with the belt clip is that it doesn't feel that secure. I've never had it fall off but I feel like that is because I have OCD and readjust it after each shot.

jasonfish11

Postby jasonfish11 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:45 am

Coda1850 wrote:I like how they added comparisons to different handicap levels. I'd much rather look to compare vs. 10 & 15 handicaps than scratch.

They've always had that, except for the strokes gained.

I do like how they added it. And when compared to my peers (10 handicaps) I confirmed what I have always believed.

Strokes Lost driving - 0.44
Strokes gained approach - 1.04
Strokes gained short game - 0.06
Strokes gained putting - 0.13

Stupid tee ball.

Coda1850

Postby Coda1850 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:58 am

I was thinking specifically about the strokes gained. I think it'll be very useful with my failed goal from last year which is my new goal for this year --- I must get to a 15 or below handicap.

This is only 1 round of play with Game Golf but it breaks down as follows (vs. a 15 handicap)
Off the tee: -.15
Approach: .11
Short Game: 2.67
Putting: 3.58

I didn't have a good short game day. That number seems to make sense.
I also 3 putted 3 times (hole # 1, 2, & 4). I blame the 3 putting due to getting use to using Game Golf. Again, based on that 1 round this number seems to make sense.

I'm dying to get a bunch scores in so I can look at yardages, trends, performance short/long/left/right... so on & so on.

Mark unread?

jasonfish11

Postby jasonfish11 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:03 am

I learned a lot about my yardage trends. I think before this season starts I'm going to bend my 7i 1-2 degrees more loft. I hit my 8i about 150-155, my 7i about 165-170 and my 6i about 170-175.

Also I've learned how poorly par 4's and 5's are marked on courses. The distance to the center of the green is usually right. But if you measure drive length by doing score card yardage less distance to hole, you will be off.

Example I played a round in Sept/Oct where I hit nothing but 4i off the tee. I was crushing it, the guy I was playing with was in "awe" because I was outdriving him. So he measured a couple of the longer ones. Per the score card less laser to hole method 3 of them went 270, 275 and 285 yards. Per game golf they were 219, 220, and 235. That day I hit 4i/4i into a "503" yard par 5 because I had 210 left after my tee shot. In reality it was a 445 yard par 5, which makes that feat less impressive.

I've hit 1 drive over 300 yards with game golf. But I use to think I hit 1-2 per round that far when I was doing the scorecard-laser methodology.

Return to “The Legitimategolf Forum”