Re: WTF did you buy today?

Postby CeeBee » Fri May 20, 2016 5:08 am

Well then John. They were actually free. Nice,
Tee it up!

Coda1850

Postby Coda1850 » Fri May 20, 2016 8:33 am

Wins are always nice, congrats.

I bought a couple pairs of shorts & 3 shirts from TGW.com about a week back, they came in the mail yesterday.
Low Round: 83, +11 Green Hill - 09/15/14
Low Round: 83, +11 Indian Meadows - 09/12/15

Mark unread?

MattF

Postby MattF » Sat May 21, 2016 7:58 am

Didn't buy, won. :thumbup:

MGS is testing the new Mizuno JPX-EZ driver and fairway wood and I won both of them. Shit yeah, a new driver and fairway totaling about $650 on the street.

I now have to go to an authorised Mizuno fitter and get my specs dialed in to get these custom made direct from Mizuno.
Throw me another ball will ya!

jfurr

Postby jfurr » Sat May 21, 2016 6:16 pm

MattF wrote:Didn't buy, won. :thumbup:

MGS is testing the new Mizuno JPX-EZ driver and fairway wood and I won both of them. Shit yeah, a new driver and fairway totaling about $650 on the street.

I now have to go to an authorised Mizuno fitter and get my specs dialed in to get these custom made direct from Mizuno.

Congrats!!
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

MattF

Postby MattF » Sun May 22, 2016 8:24 am

Thanks.

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Postby bkuehn1952 » Sun May 22, 2016 7:49 pm

MattF wrote:I now have to go to an authorised Mizuno fitter and get my specs dialed in to get these custom made direct from Mizuno.

If this process is too much of a bother, there are several of us willing to do it for you. ;)
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

MattF

Postby MattF » Mon May 23, 2016 6:19 am

I'm sure there would be mate.

Coda1850

Postby Coda1850 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:49 am

MattF wrote:Didn't buy, won. :thumbup:

Wow, that's awesome. Sweeeeeeeet!
:clap:
Low Round: 83, +11 Green Hill - 09/15/14
Low Round: 83, +11 Indian Meadows - 09/12/15

Mark unread?

MattF

Postby MattF » Mon May 23, 2016 12:02 pm

Thank you.

MattF

Postby MattF » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:07 am

My Mizuno JPX-EZ driver and fairway made an appearance on my doorstep last night. :thumbup:

jattruia

Postby jattruia » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:32 pm

So i picked up a Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0 grip for the putter. I'm generally a decent enough putter (1.8 per round) but i like to tinker. I never thought i'd have one of these oversized grips, but messing around with it feels like it could work great with the paintbrush grip i use. The Mid Slim is rally more of a standard midsize putter grip with no taper. So far, in the house, it feels great. However i may not get to use it until Tuesday at the earliest; haven't even been able to get to a practice green to roll some putts. Certainly looking forward to it though.
Attachments
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (108.76 KiB) Viewed 1532 times

DougE

Postby DougE » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:08 pm

jattruia wrote:So i picked up a Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0 grip for the putter. I'm generally a decent enough putter (1.8 per round) but i like to tinker. I never thought i'd have one of these oversized grips, but messing around with it feels like it could work great with the paintbrush grip i use. The Mid Slim is rally more of a standard midsize putter grip with no taper. So far, in the house, it feels great. However i may not get to use it until Tuesday at the earliest; haven't even been able to get to a practice green to roll some putts. Certainly looking forward to it though.

I just switched to a midsize Scotty Cameron Matador grip last week, myself. It's been only 3 or 4 rounds, but I have not putted this well in years. I am virtually on line with every putt. I grip the club with a traditional right-hand-low, interlock grip. Feels perfect on this new slightly oversized grip. Good luck with yours.

GBOGEY

Postby GBOGEY » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:14 pm

I went there on one of my putters a year ago and wish I had done both.

DougE

Postby DougE » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:53 am

It was two weeks ago, but I bought a new SC Matador midsize putter grip for my Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio putter as mentioned in the above post reply to Jattruia. (http://www.scottycameron.com/store/prod ... x?zpid=866)
HUGE difference over the old stock Pistolini grip. My putting has been markedly improved since changing to this new grip. It just feels perfect in my hands. Bet I have saved at least 10 strokes over the past few rounds since I installed it. Worth every penny of the $37 I paid.

DougE

Postby DougE » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:37 pm

I don't know what possessed me to do it, since I am not making any money these days, but I bought a backup/alternate driver today. Being the big Titleist loyalist that I claim to be, I should mention, it's NOT a Titleist! :shh: (I will not be announcing this on the Team Titleist website forums.)

I have been very intrigued by the new Cobra King F6+ after reading and seeing some very in-depth reviews and videos, as well as seeing one of my regular foursome buddies from my old club hitting much longer drives with his (a few years') previous model Cobra which he bought on a whim. I did not get fit for it, I just had a feeling it might be a good alternative for me when my Titleist 915D2 is pissing me off. It's a low-spin driver compared to the D2 and I went with the Ozik Matrix Black Tie 65M4, a low spin/lower launch shaft. I am hoping for a more boring ball flight for days when the ground is hard and dry. I sometimes tend to get too much backspin with my D2, giving me very little roll out. I have a bunch of different shafts I switch in and out of the Titleist, but none are low launch, so I figured I'd go that route with the Cobra. It retails for $400, but I got it for less than 1/2 price, so if it doesn't do anything special for me, it'll be on Ebay in a few weeks, probably for a few bucks more than I paid for it.

I have an extra Titleist headcover to keep it covered. However, once the cover comes off, there will be no hiding the fact that it isn't a Titleist. Though it is similar in the pear-shape look of a Titleist driver, it's white.

Rationalization for non-Titleist purchase: Titleist and Cobra were once, not that long ago, both owned by Acushnet. I know, it's a stretch.

GBOGEY

Postby GBOGEY » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:10 am

Wow - right before Acushnet goes public. Don't buy that stock at the IPO - they are losing customer loyalty.

Duke of Hazards

Postby Duke of Hazards » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:25 pm

DougE wrote:I don't know what possessed me to do it, since I am not making any money these days, but I bought a backup/alternate driver today. Being the big Titleist loyalist that I claim to be, I should mention, it's NOT a Titleist!

jev

Postby jev » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:56 pm

Okay, I caved in. After some 7 years or so, it was time to see what a new driver would bring. So... out with the old, in with the new! I replaced my trusty old Wilson Deep Red by a TaylorMade M2. On the launchmonitor, I consistently hit it 25 yards longer than the Wilson. Plus bonus points for an increased consistency... happy times! Anxious to see how it's gonna work out on the course!
90% of the game is mental, the other half is all in your head (Yogi)

DougE

Postby DougE » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:11 pm

DougE wrote:It retails for $400, but I got it for less than 1/2 price, so if it doesn't do anything special for me, it'll be on Ebay in a few weeks, probably for a few bucks more than I paid for it.

It's going on Ebay.

DougE

Postby DougE » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:34 am

DougE wrote:It's going on Ebay.

SOLD!
(For $9 more than I paid for it!)

MattF

Postby MattF » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:11 am

:banana

DougE

Postby DougE » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:16 pm

Took the money I got for the Cobra driver and bought a Titleist 915F 5W.

After putting my old Titleist 910 5W back in the bag last week and having good results with it, decided to try the latest version to date. Was gonna wait until the 917F comes out over the winter, but then I would have to pay about double for that new model. I bought this one from 3BallsGolf. VG Condition. 1/2 the price of new. Still the latest technology. I'll change the grip as soon as it arrives to the grip I normally play (Golf Pride MultiCompound New Decade) and feel like I have a brand new club. It replaces the 4W I was using for the last year or so. I've been hitting my 3W good enough of late that I don't need the 4W much anymore. The new 5W will better fill the big gap I had between the 4W and my 21* 816H1 hybrid. For now.

jfurr

Postby jfurr » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:58 pm

DougE wrote:
DougE wrote:It's going on Ebay.

SOLD!
(For $9 more than I paid for it!)

that shipping tho
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

DougE

Postby DougE » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:09 am

Shipping included in bottom line. Still came out 9 bucks ahead.

MattF

Postby MattF » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:19 am

Ordered new shafts for the irons and hybrids yesterday. Recoil 680's and some reshafting supplies. I'm getting Golfworks to tip and butt prep the shafts so all I have to do is install them.

Return to “The Legitimategolf Forum”