WTF did you buy today?

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: WTF did you buy today?

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:44 pm

Ms Beef has these sunglasses and I've been stealing them for running and working out. And whenever I start playing golf again, I'll use them there too. Because they are easily the lightest most comfortable sunglasses I've ever worn. I wear them while sprinting my nuts off, and they stay put. I think you can do anything in them. They have specific golf-purposed ones too. Best of all they are dirt cheap, like $25.

https://goodr.com/collections/all-models
Build a bridge and get over it.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:52 pm

DougE wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:55 pm
@Duke of Hazards I will be curious to hear how you hit it off the fairway. I tried a Titleist U510 3 iron last season when they were first introduced. I had some trouble with it off the fairways. I love my 4 iron and hit that well, but the 3 iron was a bit too much for my aging mechanics. Need too much swing speed. These days, I swing a driver at 94-96 mph...on a good day. That's what I would need to swing a 3 iron if I want full benefit from it. I'm back to playing a small headed Titleist 818H2 hybrid in the #3 position in my bag....between my 4 iron and my 3W.

Let us know how it works out for you.
I bought it with the intention of using 95% off the tee, but I might give it a hit here and there off the fairway. I'll let you know.
Bluto did it

gpickin

Post by gpickin » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:20 pm

I got some more goodies from Krank.
krank_heads.JPG
Time to get the Epoxy out and get some shafts in my 3W, 2H, 3H, 4H ( the extra cover is a spare for my brother's 2H)

The Atmos Black XStiff worked so much better than the Stiff I got by mistake.
Had some 170 and 172 ball speed today at the range, i need to experiment with the weights.
I do not like the 9 degree head, but maybe with the weight in it, it will feel better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:25 pm

Haven't bought anything but making a huge list:

Need a new bag and probably time for new wedges since Titleist has discounted this year's wedges ahead of new introductions. My gift cards from my competitive league will pay for some of this plus Christmas is coming.

About to get a really big bonus. Want to reward myself with something golf. Realistically:
My FW and Hybrids are best candidates to be replaced.
But wondering if I should do a really in-depth driver fitting first, then follow up with FW and hybrids to match.
Really dream about new irons. Don't need them, but that's what I dream about.

Gives me something to research in my spare time.

gpickin

Post by gpickin » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:44 pm

In the process of prepping all my shafts for new adapters and new heads.
I started researching spining my shafts, based on some videos I watched, i found some parts, so I bought stuff to make a spining rig.

So as much as it sucks to wait, i'm going to wait for the parts, and then spine all my shafts before adding the adapters and heads. 1 thing i like about the krank adapter ( similar to callaway ) is that you dont rotate the shaft, you adjust cogs on it, so you dont lose the spine if its spined.
So wondering how the process will go, and if it will help at all.

Anyone else played a spined shaft, or every gone through that?

DougE
dogs: 1

Post by DougE » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:00 am

I'm not good enough for it to make a difference.

gpickin

Post by gpickin » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:11 am

DougE wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:00 am
I'm not good enough for it to make a difference.
I thought having it spined reduces twisting (not torque but lag I guess ) at impact too, my biggest pro for trying it at least.