Describe Your Best Shot of the Month

sjduffers

Re: Describe Your Best Shot of the Month

Post by sjduffers » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:29 pm

MattF wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:07 pm
Nicely done @DougE .
I second that. Not only getting back in play but a tough bunker shot followed by a non-trivial putt to save the par. Well done! :thrust :yess
I'm gonna go low this time...

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:58 pm

Pulled that one out of the fire. Very nice! :yess
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:33 am

June is over and my fading memory makes selecting a shot from yesterday the easy out.

Hole #11 at Radrick Farms (semi-private course for University professors and staff) is an extremely uphill par-3. Light wind in our faces, maybe 7 mph. Middle of the green is 180 yards. Front hole location so maybe 170. Large deep bunkers guard the front. I hit a laser straight hybrid right on the flag. It hit the front of the green and stopped. I almost made the birdie putt from 15 feet. Tap in par was great for me.

Now I had a similar shot on #14 but very downhill (one hits from a high bluff) and probably 20 yards longer. I made the 15 footer for birdie. One might think the tee shot on 14 was better because of the final result. :nope Hitting downhill is so much easier, even taking into consideration a longer shot. When you can't see the landing area, as with an uphill shot, it is hard. Plus it is harder to stop an uphill shot.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:06 pm

In the midst of my current funk the last two Sundays I have hit shots that Mrs. Bogey described as the best two shots she's seen me hit:

Last Sunday sliced my drive into medium rough on the adjacent fairway. Into a two club wind I hit a hybrid 170 yards over a clump of trees right at the flag and directly over a bunker onto the green, about 20 feet short of pin. Almost made the putt but easy par.

Yesterday on a very short par 4 I topped my tee shot (unmentionable words after topping). Ball stopped on a downhill slope about two feet from the hazard in deep grass - if it had gone another foot I wouldn't have a stance. Ball was sitting up a bit and I felt like I had a swing so I hit a 7i 155 over the hazard (probably 140-145 carry) onto the green. Two putt from 40 feet for par.

On these shots I'm committed. On other shots I need to be committed.

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:34 pm

Patron silver at a pig roast on fathers day weekend.

Best, worst and only shot of the month.
Keep it short stupid.