What the hell has happened

legitimategolf
Site Admin

What the hell has happened

Post by legitimategolf »

I am not certain, but evidence strongly suggests that we are suffering the fallout from a hosting server migration. Our oldass forum software no longer worked once they moved us over. I have the old databases hopefully containing our treasured memories. As of now I am uncertain whether all that old crap can be restored. To be fair I a) have not really delved into the matter very deeply and 2) don't really know what the hell I am doing with this stuff.

In the meantime my friends, please feel free to re-register yourself here on this new emergency site and say hello. At the very least, we have the latest forum software now. Whatever the hell that is good for. Probably nothing.
legitimategolf
Site Admin

Re: What the hell has happened

Post by legitimategolf »

By the way I whacked some decent balls today.
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

Registering a new account is quick and easy!
MattF

Post by MattF »

That kind of sucked.

Also, I hope the others realise they have to reregister their account.

Anyway, I'm here and we can talk about whacking balls on a sim and home improvement or whatever.

Also, you might want to turn off the comment moderation so they can post straight away.

Matt
Last edited by MattF on Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
bkuehn1952.2

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

I did wonder what had happened. I thought perhaps the hassle of owning a website might have been limiting your golf practice time too much so you shut it down. ;)
legitimategolf
Site Admin

Post by legitimategolf »

Oh god, am I glad to see you guys. And Gbogey too. Back when I started this joint, I compared us to a small group of survivors clinging to a piece of flotsam drifting in the open ocean. Well some eight years later not much has changed! We are still adrift, still forsaken by the world at large. Naturally the group has suffered some casualties, and now our piece of flotsam is breaking apart.

Actually though we are stronger than ever. We are cockroaches in the universe of online golf discussion. The forces of entropy have been trying to kill us off since the beginning but they keep failing. As I have promised before, as long as I am alive and have my marbles I will continue to operate this goddamn site. Fuck this shit.
MattF

Post by MattF »

You might also want to play around with the settings too. I can delete or edit any post by any person I want as well as warn users etc, not that I would but if someone has some nefarious ideas, they could.
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

That's because I gave you mod powers MattF. I will give you admin powers also, if you are interested in pitching in with the setup.
MattF

Post by MattF »

legitimatebeef wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:04 am That's because I gave you mod powers MattF. I will give you admin powers also, if you are interested in pitching in with the setup.
Well hell, thanks. I can help when I'm able...no idea what I'm doing but I can muddle through most things.