Grumble Thread

MattF

Grumble Thread

Post by MattF »

Here's my grumble for the "new" forum.

Got a flat yesterday on my way to FedEx (2nd job). This is what went into my tire and was rattling around the wheel. Of course, my Kia doesn't have a spare, just a can of jizz and a compressor, which was worthless. But, my wife (the Minister) also has a Kia with a space saver spare. She got out of work, I got her spare on and went to a used tire place to get something. They had a near new take off the same size for $50.
PXL_20230719_214812360.jpg
PXL_20230719_214812360.jpg (148.83 KiB) Viewed 19216 times
bkuehn1952.2

Re: Grumble Thread

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

Any idea what that is? Something fell off the recycle truck?

I have heard of the “no spare” car. I think my Outback has a full size spare. One of these days I should look. Maybe all I have is a spray can.
bkuehn1952.2

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

BTW, the collection of smilies is underwhelming. ;)
MattF

Post by MattF »

bkuehn1952.2 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:36 pm Any idea what that is? Something fell off the recycle truck?

I have heard of the “no spare” car. I think my Outback has a full size spare. One of these days I should look. Maybe all I have is a spray can.
I really have no idea and everyone I've shown doesn't know either.
MattF

Post by MattF »

New "grumble".

The Minister and I both tested positive yesterday. I thought we both had colds.

The silver lining for me is that it's going to blow a few things up at my work, which might actually show them that they shouldn't have laid off as many people as they did.
bkuehn1952.2

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

MattF wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:33 am New "grumble".

The silver lining for me is that it's going to blow a few things up at my work, which might actually show them that they shouldn't have laid off as many people as they did.
Was there something that led to the testing for COVID? Fever? Just being safe?

I have had a couple colds over the past 3+ years. If I am ill, I stay away from everyone (except the wife). When I have no fever and I am no longer spewing snot and spittle, I rejoin society.

I have never tested myself for COVID. I have boosted every time one was available (including last month). So far, I have not felt bad enough to test myself. I may have had COVID but I have no idea when.
MattF

Post by MattF »

bkuehn1952.2 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:23 am
MattF wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:33 am New "grumble".

Was there something that led to the testing for COVID? Fever? Just being safe?

I have had a couple colds over the past 3+ years. If I am ill, I stay away from everyone (except the wife). When I have no fever and I am no longer spewing snot and spittle, I rejoin society.

I have never tested myself for COVID. I have boosted every time one was available (including last month). So far, I have not felt bad enough to test myself. I may have had COVID but I have no idea when.
The Minister was feeling worse, not better, so she tested and was positive. I tested because she was positive and have a tight chest, which was my symptom the other time I had it. So for me, it was being safe.
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

Hang tough MattF. My neighbors are in their 70s and got it. With paxlovid they were back up and about in a few days.
MattF

Post by MattF »

I get a week paid off work and shit blows up there because of their dumb decisions in the past...win win for me.

Only bugger is I can't work at FedEx (second job) so I miss the check there because as a part timer, if I don't work I don't get paid.

I'm catching up on a lot of Netflix and Amazon TV that I have in my queue plus I'm going to break out the sim and beat some balls to death.
MattF

Post by MattF »

We're off the injured reserve list.

Negative test and going back to both jobs on Monday.