A Wind Blown Former oober Returns

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

A Wind Blown Former oober Returns

Post by bkuehn1952 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:15 am

Dusty: Welcome back to this sometimes happy little band of brothers. You will see not much has changed other than:

JFurr is now approaching a "scratch" handicap
CeeBee lives in southern New Jersey (aka Delaware)
Beef continues battling his existential angst regarding the concept of golf versus playing golf.
GBOGEY has changed his "handle" to GBIRDIE
Matt is STILL very angry with SkyGolf :x
JPJ continues to struggle with English as a second language
DougE has sold his business, moved to Maryland and will now probably play 300 rounds of golf a year
sjduffers had a health scare but fortunately, they transplanted some of Rory McIlroy's talent. Unfortunately it was his putting
srogers continues to dispense his sardonic wit :twisted:
jattruia has been somewhat missing in action. Could he actually be playing golf?
Jfish quietly works on his game. No fair!
Coda made one too many bad wagers and is currently in the trunk of Joey Banana's Lincoln
jev has stated he wants to play 36 holes in a single day wearing wooden shoes. Those crazy Dutch!
the Duke may not have the best golf game but his tan is marvelous.

And as to me, I sit here lonely and alone in the soggy mitten, trying to keep the handicap from ballooning to double digits. :(
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

MattF

Re: A Wind Blown Former oober Returns

Post by MattF » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:05 pm

Spot on B!
Throw me another ball will ya!

dusty23

Post by dusty23 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:28 pm

BK, thanks for the welcome back. I hope to sit down in the next day or two when I have a little more time and write something to bring everyone up to date on the state of my game and to start participating in some more discussions. I tried to get involved a little on Skygolf but it was like hanging out in a graveyard, not a lot of conversation except for BK. Unfortunately while I could participate in OOB and Skygolf while at work, for some reason this site is blocked by the powers that control our network, so I will have to wait till I get home. It's good to see so many familiar names from the OOB days. Look forward to getting involved more.

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:58 am

Welcome back.
Keep it short stupid.

DougE
dogs: 1

Post by DougE » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:28 am

Great to see you here, Dusty. Hope you are doing well.

BK, love your take on JPJ! Continues to struggle with English as a second language...LOL! Perfect.

jev

Post by jev » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:13 am

Spot on that analysis, welcome back Dusty!
Except ofcourse:
bkuehn1952 wrote: jev has stated he wants to play 36 holes in a single day wearing wooden shoes. Those crazy Dutch!
"Farmer's Golf" you mean. Check out here => https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmersgolf (and no, that's not me in that picture!). :crazy: :mrgreen:
Last edited by jev on Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
90% of the game is mental, the other half is all in your head (Yogi)

sjduffers

Post by sjduffers » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:06 pm

Nice to have you back, Dusty. Hoping you're staying for good. Yes, bring us up to date on your golf journey (and get yourself an avatar, goddam it! :lol: ).

BK, Hilarious recap of the current members. If you're saying I have Rory's putting talent now, i can't wait to get back out there! It has to be better than what I used to have. :facepalm
I'm gonna go low this time...

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:32 pm

Ohhh okay everyone's breaking out the welcome back wagon for Dusty.

Well I am not on board just yet. Dusty forgot about us. Abandoned us it could be said. Okay I get it. Life happens. I am sure there are good reasons for Dusty's absence. But I will wait to hear them. Then maybe we can talk about welcome wagons.
A golfball wizard's
got such a supple wrist-cock

dusty23

Post by dusty23 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:41 am

OK Beef, let’s see if I can get back into your good graces. As you said, “Abandoned us it could be said. Okay I get it. Life happens. I am sure there are good reasons for Dusty’s absence.” Well in my defence and the only reason I can muster, Life tried to abandon me! At the conclusion of the OOB days I announced that I had lung cancer and when I joined up here I had about 4 total posts while recovering from having a third of my right lung removed and when the wonderful side effects of Chemo kicked in. By Mid-May of 2015 I concluded my chemo and radiation treatments and was sent down the road. Now I continue with follow up exams and as of this writing I am cancer free (new round of exams commence next week). By Father’s day I got sick again, some virus, but with an immune system that had the shit kicked out of it, I went down hard and spent most of the summer trying to feel good again. Around Father’s day I decided to abandon posting scores of any kind whether to Skygolf or to the GHIN, as my game was as bad as I felt. I didn't feel like playing golf and I didn't want to spend a lot of time on the computer, I just wanted to lie down. When I did play it was ugly, I went through a case of the long game (Fw’s & irons) and short game yips. I had a score of 109. So as summer turned to Autumn I worked on getting my strength and my flexibility back and tried to get some semblance of a game, I went back to my old Mizuno irons from my Titleist’s, ( don’t hate me Doug) anything to get going again. In total I played 19 times in 2015. I am somewhat encouraged to report that as of this year there seems to be some hope. While my handicap, at least at Skygolf has inched up from 11 to 13, I have been playing much better including a 79 last weekend. Health wise I feel good and believe that I will continue to do so. My game shows some promise.
So how did I do Beef, am I forgiven for my indiscretion.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:52 am

Oof. Suck on that, beef.
Bluto did it

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:54 am

Where is the mic drop emoticon when you need it?

BOOM.
Keep it short stupid.

MattF

Post by MattF » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:09 pm

Duke of Hazards wrote:Oof. Suck on that, beef.
jasonfish11 wrote:Where is the mic drop emoticon when you need it?

BOOM.
:lol:
Throw me another ball will ya!

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:13 pm

What's important is that Dusty's feeling better now. How could anyone have known about serious illness and what not? Guess I will consider that the next time a situation comes up. Live and learn. Why am I the bad guy here? Whatever! Welcome back aboard Dusty. L'chaim!
A golfball wizard's
got such a supple wrist-cock

DougE

Post by DougE » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:02 am

Wow Dusty, your illness was much worse than you made it out to be when you told us about it initially back in the oob days. Knew you were having some treatments, and that they were making it uncomfortable for you, but didn't realize it was quite as serious as it was. The big C is bad no matter what, but it seems you downplayed the level of seriousness of yours a bit. I am sorry you have had to suffer through it and am extremely happy to hear you are once again somewhat back on track. I have missed seeing and hearing from you on line and am very glad you are joining us at Beef's site.

Your game will come back. Sometimes a fresh start in golf, and in life, can go a long way towards moving forward. All you really need is to get off that Cape and away from the wind for a few rounds and you will likely knock the first few stokes off your recent scores, which will certainly bring some confidence back.

I am not going to give you a hard time about leaving your Titleists in the garage, while instead playing your old Mizzys. You will come back. Just wait til you try the new 816H hybrids. ;)

Looking forward to you joining the conversation.

dusty23

Post by dusty23 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:12 pm

You know Doug, as I went through it, I thought and was told I was doing pretty well. People told me I looked good (some were probably just being nice) and were surprised that I was back to "normal". In retrospect, I tried to resume my normal activities too soon, going back to work, golf, life in general, I pushed it and paid the price. It wasn't until the middle of fall till my appetite, strength and stamina returned and then upon review that's when I realized how miserable I had been, even the doctors said it really takes months to get all that crap out of your system before you start to feel normal. In the meantime I progress in all areas and the game shows sparks of inconsistent consistency. I am staring at the 816H, and await the arrival of the 917's, I must admit however, that I am waiting on the Mizzy 850 forged replacement, and I am intrigued by the Cobra F6 FW and Hybrid and Cobra Baffler FW. I know blasphemy. Anyway thanks to you and everyone for welcome back and I hope to be a regular contributor

jfurr

Post by jfurr » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:47 pm

Really glad you are here visiting with us, Sir!
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

jfurr

Post by jfurr » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:48 pm

...still working on an "Avatar" unveiling...
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

JPJ
dogs: 0

Post by JPJ » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:26 pm

Dusty: Welcome back. You've had a hell of a time. It's good to hear you're coming out of the woods.

BK: Rude!

Beef: You've always been the bad guy round here. We wouldn't have it any other way.
Golf is too hard. Stupid golf.

jattruia

Post by jattruia » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:09 am

I'm still around, don't count me out! I had some job changes and a temporary retirement so i've been MIA. But, i'm back getting into the workday groove so i should be able to check in more often. But, in my defense, i HAVE been playing a ton of golf so i have that going for me.

Welcome back Dusty!

Coda1850

Post by Coda1850 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:33 pm

Welcome back! Joey Banana's Lincoln never happened but I did shoot a 120 this winter.
Low Round: 83, +11 Green Hill - 09/15/14
Low Round: 83, +11 Indian Meadows - 09/12/15

Mark unread?