Grumble Thread

MattF

Re: Grumble Thread

Post by MattF »

Pulled a chest muscle at FedEx. I thought I was having a mild heart attack at first but thankfully that wasn't it.

Terrible night sleep because no matter how I lay, it hurts. No sim tomorrow, just rest and a heating pad.
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

I am so glad it wasn't a heart attack. Those are really inconvenient.
bkuehn1952.2

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

MattF wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:33 am ...Terrible night sleep because no matter how I lay, it hurts...
I hear you. Having had back pain in the past, the interruption of sleep is the worst. Let's hope for a speedy recovery.
MattF

Post by MattF »

legitimatebeef wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:58 pm I am so glad it wasn't a heart attack. Those are really inconvenient.
Yes they are. My uncle has had one, my grandfather had 7, yes, 7 and my Dad was finished off with his only one.
bkuehn1952.2 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:42 am
MattF wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:33 am ...Terrible night sleep because no matter how I lay, it hurts...
I hear you. Having had back pain in the past, the interruption of sleep is the worst. Let's hope for a speedy recovery.
It's better today but still some pain so I'm taking it easy today and hope that it will be OK for next Sundays session.
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

Get yourself some of that newly legal Ohio cannabis to help with sleep. IMO.
MattF

Post by MattF »

legitimatebeef wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:40 am Get yourself some of that newly legal Ohio cannabis to help with sleep. IMO.
I had a medical card because of my back and it really didn't help at all, plus I don't like the feeling of not having control that it gave me.

Bourbon works for me.

The chest is feeling a lot better now after only a couple of days, could have been a lot worse.
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

Not getting off that easy MattF. 1) Alcohol is a proven sleep disrupter and B) non-psychoactive cannabis products (specifically for aiding sleep) are widely available! You probably heard of "CBD" or possibly "CBN". Worth a try. Believe me I like alcohol as much as the next guy (assuming that guy doesn't brew his own). But it is not good for sleep. Good for falling asleep maybe. But not for deep restful sleep. Full disclosure, I am not fully sold on the efficacy of CBD or CBN. I mainly just like promoting cannabis and cannabis products.
MattF

Post by MattF »

I tried CBD and medical weed, not for me mate.

The CBD didn't help with my back and the weed, well, I already told you those effects.

I guess I'm just not cut out for the medical mary jane and that's OK.