December Golf!!!

DougE

Re: December Golf!!!

Post by DougE » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:30 am

Walking nine a lot more in December. Here's a vid from my back nine round yesterday, Dec 23 in 20+ MPH wind. 11th hole. (Usually) an easy par 4. My voice is hard to hear over the wind at times, but basically I am saying that I started the ball well left of the pin and the wind had other plans, even though when I hit it, I thought it would be good. I suppose, other than the color of the landscape, this could be golf on any windy day. But this gives an idea of what it's like out there now, in December. Gets very cold next week, so doubt I'll get out there after today.

Oh BTW, my approach was with a 5 iron even though I got all of my drive. The drive was 30 yards shorter than typical due to wind. Normally on this hole my approach is with a PW, a 50* GW or 54* SW. I have even used a 58* LW after a few awesome drives here in the past. The pin was 138 in, but with the wind left to right and somewhat into my shot I pulled 6i out. As I went to the ball the wind got stronger, so went back for a 5, to be sure it got there. FYI, got up & down with a chip to about 12 or 13 inches. It was a wild day, but in the end I had a great round, despite the wind.
http://clubsg.skygolf.com/golfers/score.php?id=20634258

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:19 pm

Dangit Doug fix your instagram.

Sitting on the boat now, trying to psyche myself up and get into game mode. Rather than my usual thing, which is wander around the course for the first few holes like a clueless, anxious jackass. No, I need to play smart and assertive from the very start. Let's go toughguy, focus. :fkno
vamos a jugar por la playa

DougE

Post by DougE » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:25 pm

What's wrong with the instagram? You couldn't see it?

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:34 pm

Says its been deleted. Not showing on your page either.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:37 pm

Managed to change into my shoes while still on the bus. That helps me get into business-mode. Normally it's too crowded in here to even think about removing footwear. What a sad plight. :gross

DougE

Post by DougE » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:29 pm

Evidently the video is over 60 seconds. Too long to share on Instagram.i'll edit and repost.

DougE

Post by DougE » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:44 pm

Try it now.