December Golf!!!

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: December Golf!!!

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:08 am

bkuehn1952 wrote:Everything is white here in the Frigid Mitten. A few days of 40+ degrees would clean the little covering up but it is not going to happen for at least 10 days.
Good to see you around here at least. I might very soon be joining you in the winter of our malcontent. Sad. (Sorry, can't muster an exclamation point right now.)
The human race is just a chemical scum on a moderate-sized planet, orbiting around a very average star in the outer suburb of one among a hundred billion galaxies

MattF

Post by MattF » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:04 pm

Whatever floats your boat, I suppose.
Throw me another ball will ya!

DougE

Post by DougE » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:04 pm

jasonfish11 wrote:
What is the rule on putting "hand warmers" in your underwear?
As long as you don't put any golf balls down "there" to warm them up against the handwarmers, you're safe. Or you can put all the golfballs you want down there if there are no handwarmers there too. Either way, sounds like you might enjoy :quotez the day, win or lose! ;)

srogers13

Post by srogers13 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:44 pm

Lovely day at Ross Bridge in Birmingham about an hour north of me. Was not sure how to embed the video from a facebook post.
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

srogers13

Post by srogers13 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:11 pm

Driving range this morning:
IMG_0233.JPG
IMG_0233.JPG (1.99 MiB) Viewed 465 times
First hole on the Judge this morning:
IMG_0236.jpg
IMG_0236.jpg (1.92 MiB) Viewed 465 times
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:45 am

Played the tournament yesterday.

Feels like temperature never got about 36* but I was pretty comfortable the entire day.

Didn't hit my irons & wedges well, but somehow hit driver really well. I put a drive in the green side bunker of a 277 yard par 4 (had to cut it around trees). We nearly holed out the bunker shot for eagle and a skin.
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:44 pm

jasonfish11 wrote:Played the tournament yesterday.

Feels like temperature never got about 36* but I was pretty comfortable the entire day.

Didn't hit my irons & wedges well, but somehow hit driver really well. I put a drive in the green side bunker of a 277 yard par 4 (had to cut it around trees). We nearly holed out the bunker shot for eagle and a skin.
You people dodged the big snow I guess.

It snowed here almost all of Saturday but today's a pretty good day, the sun's out. Praying for some rain tomorrow. In any case, I remain hopeful for some December Golf!!
The human race is just a chemical scum on a moderate-sized planet, orbiting around a very average star in the outer suburb of one among a hundred billion galaxies

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:54 pm

We did dodge the snow, we missed it by about 50 miles.

It did snow a little Saturday night, but nothing stuck to the super wet ground. We were lucky that the clouds stayed overnight and temps didn't get below freezing long enough to cause issues. Just a wet course and not an icy course.

Sunday when the clouds broke and the winds picked up the temperatures didn't rise much even with the sun out.
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

DougE

Post by DougE » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:59 pm

I don't think December will be friendly enough to get in enough rounds to reach 200 rounds (of which most were 18 hole rounds, but there are at least 20 9-hole rounds included in there too). I started the month with 182 rounds in 2017. I reached 190 today with a nine hole round after playing a round everyday the first 7 days of the month. But, the weather does not look too promising for the rest of this week. I guess I can't really complain, since I'm already well past my goal of 175 rounds this year. Any more rounds are all icing on the cake.

DougE

Post by DougE » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:38 am

Weather forecast for 20-30 mph winds today and high temps in the low 40s this afternoon. Tonight, wind chills in the single-digits. Frigid tomorrow. Low 30s Thursday and Friday. Damn! The clock is ticking and I am itching to get back out there.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:07 am

Kind of warm today, we might scrape 50°. Was hoping for some cleansing rain but right now the forecast says "40%" which for some reason seems to be about the same as "0%", when it comes to rain forecasts. Optimistically thinking towards Friday as a golfable day.

DougE

Post by DougE » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:26 am

Wow, sounds warmer in NY than in MD this week.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:33 am

Welp, when there's nothing else to talk about, there's always weather. It's frigid here now. Saturday looks to be borderline, leaning more into the insanity side of things. Maybe Sunday.

And then! Next week is forecast to be right about perfect (by the beefster's standards at least) winter golf conditions. I'll play every stupid day of the week if I have to. Look at me, do I look like I GIVE AN F: :onfire Probably break a sweat too while I'm out there.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:16 am

Fuckin' shit :thumbdown

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:31 pm

:fk 7 inches more snow so I spent a large part of the day shoveling. Then the wife reported her car was acting up (a warning light that is a wrench). :fkno

Maybe the huge oak will fall on our house to round out the day. :puke
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

DougE

Post by DougE » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:30 pm

bkuehn1952 wrote: Maybe the huge oak will fall on our house to round out the day. :puke
Better move your clubs away from the oak and out of harm's way, just in case.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:37 pm

We are lucky. Looks like December golf is back on. The door has opened a crack, who knows how long it stays.

jfurr

Post by jfurr » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:59 pm

It's been gross here lately but tomorrow gonna be 72º and all my pals are playing - but not me. Working pretty much through the rest of the year.
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:12 am

Today's forecast a very gay 52° high temperature. I am tempted to get out there but will rather wait for tomorrow which is a much less gay high of 40°. More hardcore, and that's the way I like it :onfire

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:59 am

REJOICE

Today is Solstice. We made it.

Starting tomorrow friends, we beat back the darkness. And every day, we will look forward to literally, a better tomorrow.

You know, in ancient times this was probably a white-knucklin' time of the year. Days getting shorter and shorter, nightfall creeping all around you. Our ancestors probably would worry that the days would keep getting shorter, eventually darkness would take over and then obviously, the End. But then, around the day that we now call "Christmas", is when they probably noticed the darkness beginning to recede. And that was probably a great relief and cause for celebration indeed! I think that may be the real backbone of Christmas, not so much Jesus' birthday (although I credit that as a major influence on solstice-type celebration), Saturnalia or whatever else. It's why we crave to hang up colorful lights, hear gay music and delight one another with presents. To beat back the soul crushing darkness. That my friends is the real reason for the season.

Anyways let us get our hopes up for some January golf. Never know! :puke

MattF

Post by MattF » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:48 am

bkuehn1952 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:31 pm
:fk 7 inches more snow so I spent a large part of the day shoveling. Then the wife reported her car was acting up (a warning light that is a wrench). :fkno

Maybe the huge oak will fall on our house to round out the day. :puke
Get the code read and fix the problem...easy. :heynow
Throw me another ball will ya!

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:26 am

It's nice out, high 40s and light winds. Definitely above the PUSSIES threshold. :fuckall Might have to get after it though. We are living on the edge, season could be over any day now.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:25 pm

Anyone out there playing December golf? I'm fixin to go out again tomorrow. I am a bit worn out from the week, but after tomorrow it's going to be prohibitive cold. Beyond the 10-day forecast the future is cloudy. These days every round could end up being the last round until next spring. I just read that they are generally forecasting a dry winter in the US. My hunch is that there will be some sort of January golf in the Northeast. Then again you just never know. :bored

DougE

Post by DougE » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:57 pm

Played what may have been my last round of 2017 today, in 20 mph winds and rain. Our forecast sounds similar to yours Beef. Might play tomorrow. Supposed to be sunny and low 40s. But after tomorrow, things don't look promising. Today was round number 196 for 2017. It's been a good year.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:49 am

Not much choice, the way I see it. Next week forecast looks brutal. See ya out there, Dougie.