Location of LGF members

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Location of LGF members

Post by bkuehn1952 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:46 am

It seems our little group is dominated by folks who live in coastal states (not counting the Great Lakes as "coasts"). There are only a few of us from "fly over" country. Most are located in states with coasts on the Atlantic, Pacific or the Gulf. I wonder if there is a Federal law against this unfair distribution of membership? :fkno
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

srogers13

Re: Location of LGF members

Post by srogers13 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:37 am

I would say Alabama is more likely to be termed flyover country than not. But you could feel free to move if you like.
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:00 am

http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/population.html
In the United States, counties directly on the shoreline constitute less than 10 percent of the total land area (not including Alaska), but account for 39 percent of the total population. From 1970 to 2010, the population of these counties increased by almost 40% and are projected to increase by an additional 10 million people or 8% by 2020. Coastal areas are substantially more crowded than the U.S. as a whole, and population density in coastal areas will continue to increase in the future. In fact, the population density of coastal shoreline counties is over six times greater than the corresponding inland counties.
Build a bridge and get over it.

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:06 pm

Alternative facts.
Keep it short stupid.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:47 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/population.html
In the United States, counties directly on the shoreline constitute less than 10 percent of the total land area (not including Alaska), but account for 39 percent of the total population. From 1970 to 2010, the population of these counties increased by almost 40% and are projected to increase by an additional 10 million people or 8% by 2020. Coastal areas are substantially more crowded than the U.S. as a whole, and population density in coastal areas will continue to increase in the future. In fact, the population density of coastal shoreline counties is over six times greater than the corresponding inland counties.
They're also expensive as fuck.
Bluto did it

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:19 pm

jasonfish11 wrote:Alternative facts.
Laugh all you want, ha ha ha, but we gotta appreciate the science-focused government agencies that we have. You know while we still have them.
Build a bridge and get over it.

bryan k

Post by bryan k » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:09 am

Well, I'm in sunny Phoenix (hasn't been very sunny this winter...we've already broken our annual record for cloudy days, and it's only February).

I've spent so much time in Mississippi and Alabama over the past two years, it's beginning to feel like home.

I was in Anniston, AL over Election Day. That was interesting.

I was in Cleveland, MS the week before that.

My company just bought a bunch of branches in Indiana and Illinois, so it appears as if I'm going to learn a couple of new states.

GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:12 pm

I spend almost as much of my workdays in Indiana although obviously my main golf is in NJ. Love Indiana golf - high quality, cheap, less crowded, extended daylight. One of my goals is to bring my clubs along more this year.