Summer Support Group

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Re: Summer Support Group

Post by jasonfish11 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:06 am

Are you implying that the G15 is old school? That is my current driver and I have only seen 1 driver that out performs it when I test. Also I haven't tested the gbb epic a second time to validate that what I saw the first time held true.
Keep it short stupid.

DougE
dogs: 1

Post by DougE » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:18 am

Yeah, that's old Fish. What, gotta be like 8 or 10 years old, no? Let's see, G, G30, G25, G20, G15. Lot's of new tech since the G15. I think yours might outperform all others for you due to your comfort with it. You have it dialed in. That's great for you. And as they say, if it ain't broke....

MattF

Post by MattF » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:22 pm

What Doug said...
Throw me another ball will ya!

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:45 pm

40 yards is a pretty big difference. Good for you.
Bluto did it

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:25 pm

DougE wrote:Yeah, that's old Fish. What, gotta be like 8 or 10 years old, no? Let's see, G, G30, G25, G20, G15. Lot's of new tech since the G15. I think yours might outperform all others for you due to your comfort with it. You have it dialed in. That's great for you. And as they say, if it ain't broke....
It should only be about 6 - 7 years old. I got it when my son was born and it was 2 years old (1 model) at that point in time.
Keep it short stupid.

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:42 pm

High of 52 today with off and on rain and high winds. Autumn is here. :fk
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

DougE

Post by DougE » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:09 pm

Was 75 here today, but gonna be 64* or so here tomorrow. Early fall weather. It's the first of at least 5 or 6 days in a row where the forecast is for high temps below 70 and lows at night in the 30s. In fact the next ten days are all forecast to be below 70, with a few days below 60. Not ready for this. Time to start up the Autumn Support Group thread.

I'm ordering 3 new Titleist AP3-718 irons this week (4, 5 and 6i) after a quick fitting. I was really hoping to get them before the weather gets too cold and starts affecting distance negatively. I've been hitting my irons well lately, so was looking forward to even more distance with these new irons. I won't be able to tell if it's too cold. Oh well. At least I am headed to Florida for Thanksgiving week. I should be able to get 3 or 4 warm weather rounds in there. That's the plan anyway.

In the meantime my home course is in near perfect condition right now. Fairways and rough are lush and green. Played Sunday and Monday, skipped today, but playing tomorrow, Thursday and Friday. Maybe Saturday too. Weather has been great all month. Only bad thing is that too many others are also enjoying it out there on MY course. So, some cooler weather won't be all bad. Hopefully it will thin out the crowds.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:52 pm

The media has actually coined a name for What's Been Going On: "hotumn" :facepalm

fuck this shit, fuck it all
A golfball wizard's
got such a supple wrist-cock

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:38 am

Attempted golf yesterday at Dyker. Conditions were rough, weather was dodgy and yet the crowds were straight out of peak season.

I was hoping that because of all the warm weather lately, everyone gayed it up all summer and fall and got tired of their own shitty golf by now. Nope. Yesterday there were leaves all over the ground, plus wind, and rain, and yet it looked like the first day of spring, all the people who play golf once a year out there, chopping at snakes.

Golf is positively booming, in the NYC area at least. From casual observation, it seems busier than I have ever seen since I started in '05.
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:12 pm

Wow. Sweaty balls on November 3rd, before noon even. F this S.
A golfball wizard's

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:37 pm

52, partly sunny and wet like a soaked sponge. I really dislike playing when everything is a muddy, shitty, mess. But I played anyway. Then cut our lawn for maybe the penultimate time in 2017.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

MattF

Post by MattF » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:32 am

bkuehn1952 wrote:Then cut our lawn for maybe the penultimate time in 2017.
Looks like I have to do mine for the last time today or tomorrow.
Throw me another ball will ya!

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:59 pm

Gotta dredge up this shit thread one more time in 2017. It's balmy today. I'm nowhere near the golf course but I would bet dollars to donuts that whatever is going on there right now is pretty darn gay. Not the good kind of gay either mind you. Carts zig-zagging in all directions, tubby guys in shorts, foursomes and fivesomes yukkin it up dawdling on the green even though everyone's putted out, etc. Cackling about how nice the "weddah" is etc. Getting hysterical anytime a putt is holed outside of ten feet etc.
A golfball wizard's

DougE

Post by DougE » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:24 pm

My course only had about 55 signed up on the tee sheet for today, even though the temps are in the mid-60s. But I'm sure there were many more walk-ons as the temps rose. I didn't play. I opted for a root canal instead. If the course was anything like the gay time Beef envisioned, I think I made the right choice! ;)

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:44 pm

I'd take the root canal too. Not exaggerating. Root canals aren't all bad after all. They tend to improve one's dental health, whereas trying to golf on one of these freak warm days probably leaves you in a worse condition than if you had stayed away.
A golfball wizard's