Summer Support Group

jfurr

Re: Summer Support Group

Postby jfurr » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:48 pm

I don't think I've played since Bethpage. I forget. It's been hot, rainy/stormy, busy, etc. Today the weather was milder and would have been a good day to get out except for this little thing called "work responsibilities". Oh well at least I was able to mow the lawn this evening.
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Postby legitimatebeef » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:39 pm

I done fucked up my foot, probably while running. Running, probably the worst sport on earth BTW. There is no pain but it feels all weird and shit. Going to try and rest it for a little, see what happens. This is not a specifically summer problem but fuck it. I still hate summer.
everyone is gay

jfurr

Postby jfurr » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:46 pm

Raining steady today, forecast is for rain and scattered storms for the next two weeks. No golf.

Also this could really screw up the big eclipse weekend
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Postby jasonfish11 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Scheduled my dog's surgery next Tuesday. Between dropping her off and picking her up I have a 6-7 hour window where she has to stay for observation and recovery.

Given the vet is half way to Williamsburg I've decided to just make a tee time in Williamsburg. Playing one of the nicer courses in the area that is just packed with good golf courses. If any of you MD people are up for a 4 hour drive for a round of golf Tuesday let me know :rofl

Should be interesting.
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:17 pm

This has been the best, mildest summer weather I've ever experienced in New York.

Naturally everyone is playing golf all the time. Good for them. Not the beefster though. I think I've played twice since Bethpage with the Furrman. I check for bargain tee-times now and then and they are always tapped out. Even if there was one available just seeing all the other ones taken up kills pretty much all desire to schlep all the way out there.

I still practice though, because eventually winter will come and drive them all out, like cockroaches when the kitchen light comes on or some shit like that. Yes, I am capable of working myself up into a rage just by thinking about, imagining what's going on out on the course, right now.

How is it out there golfing in 2017? Do people still take fuckin' forever to play, like I remember? Do they still dress like idiots? Do they still zig-zag in their carts driving all around in seemingly every which direction except forward towards the green? Do they still holler and disturb the entire course anytime someone holes a putt outside of fifteen feet? etc
everyone is gay

DougE

Postby DougE » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:44 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
How is it out there golfing in 2017? Do people still take fuckin' forever to play, like I remember?
Yes

legitimatebeef wrote:
Do they still dress like idiots?
Yes

legitimatebeef wrote:
Do they still zig-zag in their carts driving all around in seemingly every which direction except forward towards the green?
Yes

legitimatebeef wrote:
Do they still holler and disturb the entire course anytime someone holes a putt outside of fifteen feet?
Yes

Among many other annoying practices.

jasonfish11

Postby jasonfish11 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:02 pm

This hot weather sucks. I can't practice anything but putting before work with out sweating through my shirt.

With a quick change next to my car it somehow stayed cool enough in the mornings that I was able to continue working on my swing up until this week. I think there was 1 week that it was insanely hot, but over all it was pretty cool.

The temps don't seem to be going down in the next couple weeks. The only good news is I see September on my work calendar. So hopefully this heat is short lived. I just hope I don't forget what I was working on over the last 2 weeks.

srogers13

Postby srogers13 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:51 pm

You might be confusing hot weather with high humidity. I sweat like crazy when it is hot, but you get the dewpoints up, and it looks like I am always just getting out of a shower.
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

jasonfish11

Postby jasonfish11 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:33 pm

srogers13 wrote:You might be confusing hot weather with high humidity. I sweat like crazy when it is hot, but you get the dewpoints up, and it looks like I am always just getting out of a shower.

Yes you are right, but it still sucks balls.

DougE

Postby DougE » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:26 pm

Haven't played in 4 days. That's a long layoff for me. My wife left for the Jersey shore for a few days to spend time with her family and see her nephew's screaming kids. I stayed home to take care of my sweetheart pup. Plus I had no desire to listen to those kids for 4 days straight. I was planning to play every day that she was gone, but I got involved in a few larger projects around the house that sort of monopolized my time. Plus, I felt bad leaving my dog home for 4-5 hours at a time to go play, since she is already traumatized by mommy leaving her for so long. I'm a sucker for a sad face, especially my pup's. I felt like she needed some extra attention, so I stayed home. I would not do that for just anybody. Wife is back tomorrow. I warned her I will be catching up on my golf as soon as she returns. Hope I remember what was working last week.

sjduffers

Postby sjduffers » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:36 pm

Good man, Doug. Nice to put your pup's needs and wants ahead of your golf addiction, err... habit.
I'm gonna go low this time...

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:29 pm

Whoa! I thought Ringo was spoiled but now I'm wondering if he is neglected. I won't think twice about leaving him at home for up to ten hours at a time.
everyone is gay

srogers13

Postby srogers13 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:53 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:Whoa! I thought Ringo was spoiled but now I'm wondering if he is neglected. I won't think twice about leaving him at home for up to ten hours at a time.

Hence the look on his face in the pic for your avatar. :oh

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:26 pm

The weather has turned cold. Coldest August far as I can remember. Today it's raining all day. And not like a usual August muggy tropical kind of summer rain but a cold, raw, stinging rain. What's up with that?
everyone is gay

GBOGEY

Postby GBOGEY » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:47 pm

Felt like October today - cool and windy. It's only August.

jasonfish11

Postby jasonfish11 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:38 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:The weather has turned cold. Coldest August far as I can remember. Today it's raining all day. And not like a usual August muggy tropical kind of summer rain but a cold, raw, stinging rain. What's up with that?

Same here. It's tropical storm rain they generally feel that way due to the winds.

DougE

Postby DougE » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:46 pm

Poured all day here too. Was hoping it would lighten up just enough to allow me to go walk nine, but not so much that anyone else decided to come out to play. I miss having the course to myself, like in winter.

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:50 pm

DougE wrote:Poured all day here too. Was hoping it would lighten up just enough to allow me to go walk nine, but not so much that anyone else decided to come out to play. I miss having the course to myself, like in winter.

Been daydreaming about empty course in winter. Won't be for a while, but it does feel like summer is over now that it's labor day and its about 70 degrees out. This seems weird to say but I'm even a little bit tired of the long days. Sunset around 7:00 feels normal. I guess that's why spring and fall are really the best times of the year. Let us rejoice :fuckall
everyone is gay

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:54 pm

ASS WEATHER ADVISORY

The mercury reading appears reasonable but the humidity is out of control.
everyone is gay

srogers13

Postby srogers13 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:10 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:ASS WEATHER ADVISORY

The mercury reading appears reasonable but the humidity is out of control.

Dude, your dew point is only 66*. Some of us would kill for a dew point that low. Right Jfurr and Jattruia.

Duke of Hazards

Postby Duke of Hazards » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:18 pm

I just read about dew point. I kind of get it, I think.

jattruia

Postby jattruia » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:45 am

The dew point is 65 in Atlanta right now and that's damn comfortable.

DougE

Postby DougE » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:03 am

jattruia wrote:The dew point is 65 in Atlanta right now and that's damn comfortable.

Probably due to Irma sucking in all the high pressure as she went through. Typical for high pressure (low humidity) to fill in behind a strong, circulating low as it moves out. Enjoy it. It'll be humid again there soon.

srogers13

Postby srogers13 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:15 pm

Doug, usually tropical systems usher in ungodly amounts of humidity down here in the south. We just got lucky because the dewpoints happened to be extremely low when the system moved in. Most of the time when our humidity drops is when a front moves in from the north, bringing in the drier air from Canada.

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:34 pm

What the hell's going on out there. What is everyone up to. Around here, it still feels like summer. Medium warm temperatures but persistent humidity. Casual sweating still an everyday occurrence. Weather is just too damn temperate to entertain much thought about playing golf. I am daydreaming about wearing my Patagonia down jacket, which I just got last year and am eager to break out again.
everyone is gay

Return to “The Legitimategolf Forum”