2018 Winter Season Support Group

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Re: 2018 Winter Season Support Group

Post by jasonfish11 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:04 pm

We got 1-3" depending where you live in the area last night. No one was really expecting it so they shut down some frozen bridges this morning. Took me more than 2x my normal time to get to work this morning.
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

DougE

Post by DougE » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:47 pm

Our GHIN posting season started Thursday, the 15th of March. First post-able round today for me in 2018. Unfortunately, played my last couple holes in driving snow and had to take ESC score for the remaining few holes. Tried to post a video, but it's in the wrong format. (Here is a link to one of two videos I posted on my FB page of the snow.

(Click the "Watch on Facebook" link.)

It started getting difficult to play on the 12th hole. Toughest hole on the back nine. Parred the hole with a tap in up and down, and then drove into driving snow on the par 5, 13th. I had to quit the round after the 13th. My two-putt par was great, but the snow was actually starting to stick and it was doubtful putts going forward would roll. Besides, I was freezing my ass off. It was supposed to be 45 today, but it never even made high 30s. And there was a little wind, which made things even worse.

DougE

Post by DougE » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:51 pm

That didn't work. Here's the direct link to my FB page. Was hoping not to have to do this. Videos are at the top of my timeline.
https://www.facebook.com/doug.ely.18?ref=bookmarks

DougE

Post by DougE » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:18 am

Played in 58 degree sunshine on Sunday and 57 degree sunshine yesterday. Even got some color on my face from the sun. Spring arrives today, with 5-8 inches of snow forecast (already sleeting) overnight and into tomorrow here in central Maryland. 20-25 mph winds.

Further north, into NY (sorry Beef) and up to Boston, even more with stronger winds.......again. WTF? :fk

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:54 am

I'm over this cold weather crap.

Anyone have some aerosol cans I can spray up at the ozone?

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:51 am

jasonfish11 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:54 am

Don't be a dumbass, that's not how it works. :facepalm

If you spray aerosol up at the ozone layer, it's not going to increase global warming. What it will do is cause more people to get carcinomas and shit. So knock it off already. :fkno
no more polo shirts

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:55 am

legitimatebeef wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:51 am
jasonfish11 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:54 am

Don't be a dumbass, that's not how it works. :facepalm

If you spray aerosol up at the ozone layer, it's not going to increase global warming. What it will do is cause more people to get carcinomas and shit. So knock it off already. :fkno
Ok does feeding cows beans do any good?

Or in the words of Eminem "So fuck the world, feed it beans, it's gassed up..." Although his wasn't in context of global warming.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:57 am

Getting serious for a moment, I am sick of it too. I consider myself pretty hardy but lately I just don't feel like being outside. It feels colder, more unpleasant. Maybe it's the moisture in the air or some shit. And the wind. The sun is climbing high in the sky but it don't seem to make much difference. Normally March is when things start looking up. But in the last few years the golf season has been really slow and weak out of the gates. December-February is actually much more golfable lately. Fuck this shit.
no more polo shirts

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:39 pm

Yeah that week of 70-80 degree weather in February was really nice. Playing golf in shorts that Saturday was great. But to follow it up with 4+ weeks of 30/40 degree temps with a sprinkling of days in the 50's is just wrong. It's like having a new castle at dinner then the next 4 weeks you wind up eating a lot of wings or nachos but every restaurant and liquor store is sold out of everything but coors light. Who the hell wants coors light with their wings/nachos?

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:02 pm

Had a chance to play today, it was supposedly around 40 degrees but I passed. Seemed too cold, with the winds and the moisture and whatnot.

Massive snow coming tomorrow. Accumulation forecast now up to 1.25' :facepalm This could be it for March Golf.
no more polo shirts

DougE

Post by DougE » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:13 pm

Now it's another 8-12" forecast here. Plus we got 3-4" today already. Son of a bitch! Friday golf not looking too promising right now.

What's worse, I just took the wheels off my snow blower to replace the tubes in the tires. Neither was holding air. They are sitting out in the garage waiting for me to take them to get fixed. In my mind, there was no rush, I had till next December or so. :facepalm I just may have to put the them back on if we get this amount of snow, and just manhandle the damn thing, flat tires and all. :fk

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:26 am

legitimatebeef wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:02 pm
Had a chance to play today, it was supposedly around 40 degrees but I passed. Seemed too cold, with the winds and the moisture and whatnot.
So this is what cold in FL felt like, nearly 100% of the time when it gets into the low 40s it was this wet shitty cold. Which is why I'm able to sympathize with some of the folks down south complaining about temps in the 40s. Its a much different and more penetrating cold than the standards low 30s semi dry cold we frequently get up here. When it gets like that layering clothes does nothing as the moisture seems to go right through the clothing.

srogers13

Post by srogers13 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:20 am

jasonfish11 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:26 am
legitimatebeef wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:02 pm
So this is what cold in FL felt like, nearly 100% of the time when it gets into the low 40s it was this wet shitty cold. Which is why I'm able to sympathize with some of the folks down south complaining about temps in the 40s. Its a much different and more penetrating cold than the standards low 30s semi dry cold we frequently get up here. When it gets like that layering clothes does nothing as the moisture seems to go right through the clothing.
If only someone made a comment in this forum about this earlier this year. :cmon :fu :school
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:22 am

Seriously considering some simulated golf right about now.
no more polo shirts

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:08 pm

Looks like we've been downgraded to about 6" total. Pfft. Scoffing so hard right now.

It's right around 32° so it is a soggy, wet snow.
no more polo shirts

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:11 pm

Attack of the killer snowflakes. They are gigantic.
no more polo shirts

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:31 pm

Come on, speak up, jack. What is going on. I'll go first. We got about 6-8" on Wednesday. A lot of snow fell all day long but it struggled to accumulate. So there's probably a lot more precipitation than the total would normally indicate. Anyways we are still far off from playing golf. At this rate, maybe next week? I suppose there is a tiny bit of hope for some more March Golf. I don't really care either way. Conditions can't be good even if/when we do get back out there.

Trying to press on with life. I wacked some range balls today. Feel like I could make a decent score right now. It's been so long since I have played a normal round of golf though, so who knows. I could be delusional.

Still thinkin' about the simulator. This weekend perhaps.
no more polo shirts

DougE

Post by DougE » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:41 pm

Wasn't expecting the course to open today, but surprise, it did. I drove over around 4:30 to see what condition the place was in and found a parking lot with 20 cars in it. I didn't realize they had opened, but since I was there, I grabbed a cart and went out to play a few holes. It was cold and the turf was wet. Cart path only. Was happy to just get out there to hit some balls and try some stuff. To think that we had 8 inches of snow coverage just a couple days ago. I think I'm gonna play 18 tomorrow.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:55 pm

DougE wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:41 pm
I think I'm gonna play 18 tomorrow.
Wait for me :bawl I want to play too.
no more polo shirts

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:21 pm

I'm playing on Friday. But that really shouldn't be in this thread as of right now the temps should be upper 60's low 70's then. :yess

Heck on Thursday it's supposed to sniff 80 degrees here. Not bad given they called for snow flurries 2 nights ago.

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:33 am

Right now I am a bit agitated. We are in the last week of March and I have not played a single hole of golf in Michigan this month. My epic streak is potentially in jeopardy (although you can make a safe bet I WILL be out playing before Sunday). I never would have thought I would play more in February than March. :facepalm
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:20 am

jasonfish11 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:21 pm
I'm playing on Friday.
Knew I shouldn't have posted this crap. Damn rain.

Oh well I have next Thursday and Friday off too, hopefully I can get some golf in those days.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:53 am

Snowing today. Bigly. :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz
no more polo shirts

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:09 am

Opening day at Yankee (baseball) Stadium has been snowed out.

:rofl
no more polo shirts

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:09 am

Well, things have been swell here with the never ending Winter for the Frozen Mitten. A year ago I played my 15th round of golf for 2017 on March 30. Fast forward to 2018 and I played my 5th round of 2018 on March 30. I drove to work today in snow flurries and the wind is howling. The 10 day extended forecast has two days listed with "Snow 1-3 inches". :facepalm

Even if I managed to go out over the next several days, we had monsoon rains yesterday evening so all the courses are soggy mud piles.

I will play golf several times in the next 5 days, come what may. 35 degrees, rain, graupel, wind ... bring it on. Mother nature is messing with the wrong guy. :onfire
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!