New from Titleist

DougE
dogs: 1

Re: New from Titleist

Post by DougE » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:52 am

I have not been able to play while here yet and don't know if I will. Something went seriously wrong with my left hip/lower back on the long drive down. I can barely move. Maybe I did something in the two rounds/days I played leading up to my departure, but I didn't notice anything obvious other than my usual soreness. This is debilitating and ruining my golf plans. I can hardly move. I was shooting for at least 4 rounds. But as of now, it's not looking good for even one. I was going to take my wife to the range yesterday and try hitting some balls myself, but I reconsidered as the pain increased all day.

Sorry, I got away from the "New from Titleist" thread here. I'll get back on subject in my next post.

So Matt, I hope you got in some golf.

DougE

Post by DougE » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:57 am

Okay so, not only did Bubba Watson start making some noise this year again, but he wins for the first time in 2 years in his 6th start since giving up on Volvek balls and coming back to the new Titleist Pro V1. He has a short game again. Coincidence? I'm declaring NO. But, hey, that's just me.

MattF

Post by MattF » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:56 am

DougE wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:52 am

So Matt, I hope you got in some golf.
I did mate. 4 rounds in 3 days. Last Friday I went up to Tampa and played Pebble Creek, a mate of mine and I then went to St Petersburg and met up with another mate and played Bayou in the arvo.

Saturday I played San Carlos in Estero and Monday I played Eagle Ridge in Fort Meyers.

My clubs will remain down here until the end of March when my in-laws come back to Ohio....$75 for a golf bag on the plane is a bit rich for me.
Throw me another ball will ya!

DougE

Post by DougE » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:24 am

Been trying to locate some of the new Titleist AVX balls while down here in Florida. Not as easy as the last time I was here in November. Everyone is sold out of the limited supply they all had. I've been calling around looking all over for them. I finally found the last 3 dozen in the area. In High Optic Yellow. Hopefully I'll get to them before someone else does. I really like that ball. Assuming I will be able to get this hip/back problem under control and straightened out in the near future, I hope to be hitting an AVX again soon.

srogers13

Post by srogers13 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:34 am

Swing through Montgomery, Alabama on your way back, I know where some are.
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.