February Golf.

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: February Golf.

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:28 pm

It's time to start wrapping up all our winter-oriented threads I am afraid. I hate to do it, but come on now, it is practically April. I mean, there was snow on the course today, but I think it'll melt in the next few days, and with it will die the winter of 17-18. There is a chance of April snow but it is tiny. Feels like we're on a warming trend anyhow.

I managed to barely break 80 today with a 9-over at Silver Lake. The course played extremely long and difficult. Snow and casual waters all over the place. Actually opted to play a ball off some snow. I was so lucky to find it :breaking To make matters worse about a third of the greens had been aerated. :puke

Barely breaking 80 on this course no longer pleases me. I had to two-putt on the last green from about 18'. As I got over the putt I felt a bit nervous, but almost out of habit, it felt like. So I reconsidered the stakes. If I shoot 80 today, do I really care? Hmm, not a whole lot actually. Go ahead then, three-putt this, if you want, I thought to myself. I didn't obviously. But at this stage, 80 and 79 aren't that different. Both feel kind of mediocre. So I got under the limbo stick today. So what. Doesn't make up for some of the lousy shots and putts that I hit. So I guess for today, no moral victory. I could have been so much better.

Sorry for the self-help bullcrap. Wrong thread. :facepalm
no more polo shirts

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:10 pm

Shot an 88 at Dyker :facepalm I hung tough on the front nine with a 40, and feeling pretty Michelle Wie--that is to say proud of myself. Then everything got harder on the back nine. Course is in awful shape :puke

I know it's April. Trust me though, it's more like February out there.
no more polo shirts

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:20 am

I snagged a tee-time for this afternoon. 59° and breezy. Since it was a bargain, I am not going to get angry if when I arrive to find the place packed wall to wall with deplorables. I'll just play nine and come home, or at best, loop back around and play the front again. What do I care.
no more polo shirts

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:21 am

Posting in "February Golf" because the turf still thinks we're in February. :puke
no more polo shirts

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:28 pm

Got brutalized out there. 23 over par. Greens were freshly aerated and sanded, and every single pin up against an edge of the green. The turf is lumpy and bare around the greens, and a little bit soggy. Just a total nightmare to deal with ESPECIALLY given those pin locations :facepalm To top it all off, the greens were somehow rolling pretty quick, especially around the hole. I could not deal. No wonder it was mostly empty out there. Jesus Christ. I was hitting decent shots throughout the whole ordeal though, so fuck all.

It looks like winter out there. Besides the turf, most of the trees are still dormant. No blooms yet. I would have taken a pic but I didn't have enough shits to give.
no more polo shirts

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:04 pm

Yesterday was almost 80 degrees, today is 40, blustery cold and threatening a little rain. I thought about getting out there, but then decided against it. Now, I'm still kind of considering it. Even though I'm not. You never know though. We'll see. Play it by ear. Day is still young.
no more polo shirts

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:43 pm

No. Not gon' do it. I am too tired for this shit. Not too tired for golf but too tired to deal with the whole commute situation, deal with shitty New York people in my face in both directions.
no more polo shirts