Anomaly

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Anomaly

Post by bkuehn1952 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:45 pm

a·nom·a·ly - [əˈnäməlē] NOUN something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected.

https://clubsg.skygolf.com/golfers/scor ... Selector=0

See if you can identify the anomaly.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

srogers13

Re: Anomaly

Post by srogers13 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:17 pm

Ummmm, you played a round in March? :fu

Very nice Ace. :ohyeah :thumbs :thrust :banana :yess :clap:
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:31 pm

I am going to wait to hear some details before congratulating. Sorry for being the ghoul, it's just that I have made a hole in one, and I've also seen someone else make an albatross, and both were pretty shitty strikes.

Judging by the rest of the scorecard, BK was not exactly striping it today.

I won't hesitate however offer a hearty congratulations on extending the Cal Ripken-esque streak of however many consecutive months played. That is a nice little feat.
no more polo shirts

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:52 pm

Thank you gentleman. It was an anomaly because, as LB correctly noted, I was not hitting the ball particularly well. In this instance, at 125 yards, I managed to make a nice strike. I thought the ball was going to be close and it looked like it hit on the front on the green and released a few feet to end up behind the hole by a few feet. As I walked forward, it soon became apparent the ball was not around the flagstick. If I had to make a wager at that point, I was 90% sure it was in the hole as it was a front hole location and there was little chance the ball had released off the back of the green.

All three of my aces have been well struck shots but I know luck is the major factor for going in instead of being really close.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:02 pm

Glad it was a good shot. Well done. Bottoms up, Jack.
no more polo shirts

sjduffers

Post by sjduffers » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:27 pm

Sorry, I don't have access to that link (I never signed on at skygolf.com) and it dumps me onto a meaningless page of "recent" scores which all have a date well into the future, from 2022 to 2035! Same old crap related to not curating/sanitizing their data. :fk

Anyhoo, congrats are in order to BK, for what I surmise is a nice hole-in-one amidst a so-so round! Well done, sir!! :banana :yess
I'm gonna go low this time...

MattF

Post by MattF » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:53 am

Congratulations BK!
Throw me another ball will ya!

DougE

Post by DougE » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:09 am

sjduffers wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:27 pm
Sorry, I don't have access to that link (I never signed on at skygolf.com) and it dumps me onto a meaningless page of "recent" scores which all have a date well into the future, from 2022 to 2035! Same old crap related to not curating/sanitizing their data. :fk
I was having that issue too, since SG made some format changes a few months back. I would get a notice in my email that one of my SG360 friends just entered a score, with a link. When I clicked the link, it brought me to the page you were referencing. However, since I am a member there, I was able to then click on my friends list page, pick the friend and see his scores. It was a pain. But all of a sudden starting last week, the links started to work. I clicked on a link to one of CeeBee's scores and boom, it brought me right to his score & specs for that round, just like it used to do. I'm not saying it will work for you for sure, not being a member and all, just that it wasn't working for me either, and now it is. So thought you might want to try again. Couldn't hurt.

It would also be good for me to know if those links still don't work for non-members, so I can stop sending them to my golf buddies back in Connecticut (when I shoot a great round, just to rub it in), who are not SG360 members.