USGA Membership

DougE
dogs: 1

USGA Membership

Post by DougE » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:02 am

I got my renewal bill from the USGA, even though I did not re-up last year. I had been a member for many years. But, last year I just didn't feel it was all that attractive.

I already have my Worthington Manor Member bag tag and a TeamTitleist one rattling around on my bag. I don't need another USGA tag too. I'm not interested in the cheaply-made US Open hat you get in your welcome package, or another USGA ball marker. I don't need an "advanced opportunity" to buy US Open tix, since the odds of me actually attending one are pretty slim, unless it's in my backyard. I'm certainly not making a vacation out of the US Open, particular when it is on the other side of the country. Any vacation I have these days is within easy driving distance and to somewhere that bringing a golden lab retriever isn't an issue. A USGA newsletter doesn't excite me, unless I get to write it. And this year, I don't even see the free USGA Rule Book on the list of "benefits," which is the only real give-away I ever made use of in the past. So really, what is the point? Why should I renew? Just to support golf? I suppose that is a good enough reason to give them 25 bucks, but it ain't going to make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Are you guys members and if so why? Please tell me it's not for the junky hat. (I use them for painting when rolling ceilings, so they do get some usage.) Sure would like to hear someone give me a good reason to spend the $25.

legitimatebeef

Re: USGA Membership

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:09 am

Never been. I get the feeling they wouldn't like me anyways. I support your non-participation.
Build a bridge and get over it.

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:24 am

Not a member.
Keep it short stupid.

MattF

Post by MattF » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:10 pm

Was once, never again.