Dumb club question.

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Dumb club question.

Post by jasonfish11 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:58 am

So does anyone know if the Taylormades burner (yes the old one) shat labeled as "S" is for stiff or senior? It's 60g.

I've always hated my 3h and now that I got this 4h which acts completely different I'm wondering if the shaft is wrong.
Keep it short stupid.

DougE

Re: Dumb club question.

Post by DougE » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:10 am

S is always for Stiff as far as I know. Don't think I have ever seen it otherwise, on any shaft, from any manufacturer. Senior will say either "Senior Flex" or "A."

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:25 am

Good so i just hate this club for some other reason
Keep it short stupid.

DougE

Post by DougE » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:39 am

Addendum to my above post:

However, STIFF can be quite different between shaft manufacturers, which I am sure you are already aware of.

I play stiff shafts in my Dr, 3W and 19* Hybrid. They have Diamana blueboards or Tensei Blues in them. I feel they are perfect fits for me. I play TT AMT Blacks, R flex, in my 5i, 6i, and 7i. I was professionally fit for all clubs. (All clubs except the 4i I recently put in the bag on a whim, after much self analysis and rationalization. It has already been taken out of the bag, but that's for another thread I may have to start.) I doubt I could handle a stiff shaft in my driver if it were something like a Speeder Pro or 757. Those load totally different than what my swing could benefit from, even though they too would still be rated as stiff flex.

I would recommend a fitting for your game. You obviously can benefit greatly from one, with the engineer-head you have on your shoulders. At the very least, after a proper fitting, you would not question whether the shaft is right for you when standing over the ball. One less thing to worry about.

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:54 am

Yeah I am trying to get some final things dialed in on my swing then my plan next year is to get a full bag fitting (other than putter), unless I'm just striping my irons then I'll just do Dr, down to 4i(h).

I got fit for these clubs about 5-6 years ago. But that swing and my current swing are night and day.
Keep it short stupid.

DougE

Post by DougE » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:02 am

jasonfish11 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:54 am

I got fit for these clubs about 5-6 years ago. But that swing and my current swing are night and day.
Bingo!