+1
+5
+2
+9
+1
+3
+0
+1

So, that's 3 Pars, 6 Bogeys, 5 Doubles, 1 Triple, 1 Quad, 1 Quints, and 1 Nonuple (Yes, I looked that one up).

I hate this damn game. With my high handicap (26) I actually could have won the medal this month, at least have a top five place. Instead I was amazed that I finished 22nd out of about 28 (including two NRs).

:bored
Golf is too hard. Stupid golf.

Duke of Hazards

Re: WTF did you shoot today?

Postby Duke of Hazards » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:38 pm

Jason - nice score. Nice looking course too. I added you on Game Golf. I'm switching to better track strokes gained (web editor is way easier for making sure putt distances are accurate. I've been pacing them off like a nerd.)

Jeff Jeffries - you had it going thu 11. You'll get it next time.

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Postby jasonfish11 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:42 pm

So went to hit the range when wife and son went to her sisters house. Found out I somehow had a 9hole rain check so I played 9. They just had a high level am tournament that morning and the course was empty.

The greens were rock hard and lightning fast. I hadn't played greens like this since I played a course in Tampa the day after q-school.

So I 3 putt bogied #1, put my approach on #2 the worst place and hit a great pitch to 18' and left it dead on the high side lip.

So 2 over.
Miss the 12' birdie putt on #3 tap in
Miss the 15' birdie putt on #4
Pull my sw on 5 and chip it to 2' for par
3 putt bogey on 6
Hit 7i from 165 into the wind to 8' and lip out.
#8 I had to punch out of the waste bunker leaving myself 185 from the rough on the par 5. Landed 5i pin high released to 50+' and I rolled it in for birdie.
#9 missed another 20' birdie putt to tap in at +2 on a really really tricked out course.

My irons were dead at the flag all day except my sw on #5.

All in all 6/7 fairways 7/9 greens and 6 birdie putts from inside 30' and the only putt I made was the other one.

It's so odd but the shorter I keep making my swing the further the ball is going. I guess it's because I'm hitting it dead center of the club face. If I could just put this slow relaxed swing on my driver. I can't get myself to swing short and smooth with driver. And before you say it I only hit 2 drivers neither we're good but one found the fw.
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Postby legitimatebeef » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:27 pm

88 yesterday at Dyker. That's right jack, I played golf. I had two really bad holes, a 7 and a 9. Nice weather and a lot of people on the course. I splintered off my original group after two holes--at their behest--and then played through a couple more groups and actually made my way through in barely over three hours. Playing through is stressful especially when you are on foot, and especially when the green is super-elevated, and you're carrying your bag etc. But not so bad if you don't give a shit about your score. I am getting used to it as a common occurrence in the life of a fast playing single. It should cost you one stroke at worst, and in the grand scheme of life, the choice is kind of a no brainer. And of course that feeling, once you have finished "playing through" a slow group, can be so wonderful.

I went out mainly to forge swing changes in the harsh reality of the golf course. So there was some good and some bad but overall a productive time. I am actually kind of itching to get back out and play some more.
everyone is gay

Duke of Hazards

Postby Duke of Hazards » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:59 pm

Actual golf? You're a disgrace to range rats everywhere.

DougE

Postby DougE » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:14 am

legitimatebeef wrote:I splintered off my original group after two holes--at their behest--...

Hmmm. Please elaborate. Sounds like you may have done something to inspire their request/offer.

jfurr

Postby jfurr » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:50 pm

88 at Mid Carolina. First time swinging a club since June. Second time since Bethpage. It was fun. I topped one tee shot with a hybrid and took a triple. But otherwise hit the ball pretty well. Missed a bunch of putts. Wedges 115 and in were strangely good. I want to play again! Not sure when I can.
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:06 pm

DougE wrote:
legitimatebeef wrote:I splintered off my original group after two holes--at their behest--...

Hmmm. Please elaborate. Sounds like you may have done something to inspire their request/offer.

It sounds bad doesn't it. Actually it happened after three holes, not two. The starter shoved me last-second into a group of three Chinese buddies in carts. Even though I was on foot and carrying my bag I was able to outpace them pretty bad. They were strugglers at the game of golf and probably I made them feel rushed. A gap opened up in front of us, on the third green they pointed it out and invited me to go on ahead. By the time they had finished the sentence I was already on the next tee pulling the cover off the driver.
everyone is gay

jattruia

Postby jattruia » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:23 am

played twice this weekend. Saturday i shot an ugly 88 where i couldn't buy a par to save my life. To make it worse, i played the same ball all 18. So that's an 88 with no penalties; not good. But, the swing felt ok, so i was itching to get back out.

Sunday afternoon, i managed to get to my home course muni and shaved 11 strokes off my score. I shot a 77 with 1 bird and 11 pars. It felt much better. I also only had 27 putts so mu chipping saved me.

Also lost balls that round....2 on one hole and managed a bogey 6. Things were going my way for sure.

Duke of Hazards

Postby Duke of Hazards » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:16 pm

88's the number. I gotta get me one.

jfurr

Postby jfurr » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:59 pm

namaste

Duke of Hazards

Postby Duke of Hazards » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:51 pm

Shot 92 with 5 penalties, including 4 OB's off of the tee. All penalties came from same swing issue (throwing right shoulder), so I'm not that upset about it since it's something I'm working to mitigate. Had better success with the wedges/short irons here and there. Statistics show I'm gaining strokes putting. I had 3 three-putts to start the round, but had 7 1 putts, including some longer than 10 feet, so I guess that cancels them out. Knock on wood, but I've been pretty good out of greenside bunkers my last three rounds, getting up and down almost 1/2 the time.

Had back-to-back birdies on back 9, which I believe is a first for me.

jfurr

Postby jfurr » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:40 pm

Duke of Hazards wrote:Had back-to-back birdies on back 9, which I believe is a first for me.

Kool

JPJ
dogs: 0

Postby JPJ » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:40 pm

ONE.DAMN.SHOT

Yea, well shoot 99 next time. :thumbs

JPJ

Postby JPJ » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:48 pm

Today, I scored 100, for 34 points, scoring on every hole, in our Captains' Day competition. I came 9th out of 40.

I'm actually pretty happy with that.

Duke of Hazards

Postby Duke of Hazards » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:31 am

JPJ wrote:Today, I scored 100, for 34 points, scoring on every hole, in our Captains' Day competition. I came 9th out of 40.

Nice job. What's the 34 pts? Like Stableford or something?

GBOGEY

Postby GBOGEY » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:26 am

JPJ wrote:Today, I scored 100, for 34 points, scoring on every hole, in our Captains' Day competition. I came 9th out of 40.

For a guy who used to complain about how bad he was seems like pretty impressive improvements. Nice job - scoring on every hole is really good.

Duke of Hazards

Postby Duke of Hazards » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:26 pm

Shot 82 at a fairly short, easy course (differential was 14.3). Still good off the tee. Putting still decent, hitting the ball better with the irons. A few short game hiccups kept me above 80.

JPJ

Postby JPJ » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:14 am

Duke of Hazards wrote:Nice job. What's the 34 pts? Like Stableford or something?

Thanks. Yes, stableford.

jfurr

Postby jfurr » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Shot a stinky 97 last Saturday at Cobblestone. Had a great time though. The wedge yips have returned.

sjduffers

Postby sjduffers » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:43 pm

I played Poppy Hills on Saturday with my Associate Club (i.e. a club without a course). It's the home of the NCGA (NorCal GA) and has been renovated a couple or three years ago. It's a grreat course, with some notes of Pinehurst #2, with sandy areas and no rough at all: it's fairway cut all the way into the pine trees, which is both good (no lies in the rough) and bad (it's easy to roll out into the woods!). Greens were very firm, but not as fast as they looked (I left several putts a couple inches short, right in the jaw...)

I pooped all over the place and shot the worst I have in many, many years: 111! :puke I had 4 9s and an 8. I couldn't get anything right: even drives that felt they were hit solid and went straight (yes, I had a few of those!) only went 180-190 yards! WTF?? :thumbdown :fk

I didn't have any energy... Too bad: it was a waste of a round at a nice course... Maybe next time?
I'm gonna go low this time...

Duke of Hazards

Postby Duke of Hazards » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:17 am

Shot 95 at home course. Penalties and 3-putts.

Determined to break 90 there.

GBOGEY

Postby GBOGEY » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:09 am

Played in an outing at Trump Bedminster yesterday where they played the Women's Open. Beautiful course and facility so sort of a bucket list day. Played in a shamble so not sure what I really shot, but my guess is that I was around 83-84 if I had been playing my own ball. Hit some really good shots on a couple of holes so overall lots of fun.

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:54 am

GBOGEY wrote:Played in an outing at Trump Bedminster yesterday where they played the Women's Open. Beautiful course and facility so sort of a bucket list day. Played in a shamble so not sure what I really shot, but my guess is that I was around 83-84 if I had been playing my own ball. Hit some really good shots on a couple of holes so overall lots of fun.

I hope you took a big dump and clogged up the head. I'm just kidding, that's not nice. Just my way of saying that I think Trump's a douchebag is all.
everyone is gay

bkuehn1952

Postby bkuehn1952 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:38 pm

In a malicious way, it is nice to hear I am not the only person out there shooting a bucket of crap. And no, I am not going to admit what I have been doing lately. :nope
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

Return to “The Legitimategolf Forum”