Anyone up for some Golf in San Diego this weekend?

gpickin

Anyone up for some Golf in San Diego this weekend?

Post by gpickin » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:13 am

My daughter can't play her soccer tournament in San Diego this weekend, but we missed the hotel cancellation date, so i might be stuck with a hotel room in San Diego... my wife said ok to me using it for golf, so I'm thinking HELL YEAH.

Anyone in the area, willing to play this weekend?
I think Dukes is in LA, but I don't recall anyone else close to us.

Torrey Pines is $252 if I walk up super early and wait for the first come first served tee times.
Might be worth a shot.

DougE
dogs: 1

Re: Anyone up for some Golf in San Diego this weekend?

Post by DougE » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:48 am

$252? Geez. If I were you, I'd wait until I made the PGA Tour and play it for free! ;)

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:21 am

If I were okay with dropping $252 for a round of golf, double it and do Pebble some other weekend. Torrey Pines is a great venue but $250 sounds too high. I have played Torrey Pines a couple times and only a few of the holes are memorable. Plus the grass used in the rough is insane. Two feet from the fairway and you are lost. I found so many primo balls just walking around.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:30 am

bkuehn1952 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:21 am
If I were okay with dropping $252 for a round of golf, double it and do Pebble some other weekend. Torrey Pines is a great venue but $250 sounds too high. I have played Torrey Pines a couple times and only a few of the holes are memorable. Plus the grass used in the rough is insane. Two feet from the fairway and you are lost. I found so many primo balls just walking around.
It would be about an 8 hour drive from San Diego to Pebble Beach. Oh and I think Pebble is now restricted to only guests of their hotel.
Keep it short stupid.

gpickin

Post by gpickin » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:20 am

GolfHolics played pebble and were underwhelmed. They thought spy glass was better.

Resident rates at Torrey is approx $80 which is good, damn tourist rates are rough.
There are other good courses in the area too.

I heard pebble beach was busy this weekend too ;)

I played 7 courses in Palm Springs last year, including pga west courses, and they are normally 250 but only paid summer rate of 49 and although nice, they were tore up. I thought Torrey right after farmers would be a sight to play at.
But I can shoot 100+ at a large number of courses ;)

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:25 am

I'd join you but I'm booked this weekend, have a morning round on Sunday with a competitive group (we play for the belt, it's pretty sweet). I've walked Torrey during the Farmers. I'll play it eventually, but might try to finagle something to play it cheaper. There are a lot of other nice courses in the area. Hit me up again if you're ever down here, I'll do the same if I'm up your way.
Bluto did it