The Grint Virtual Tour

Duke of Hazards

The Grint Virtual Tour

Post by Duke of Hazards » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:17 pm

So I setup a virtual tour on The Grint. Unfortunately, there's no tutorial or FAQ so I just went ahead with the defaults.

Appears that it will track points competitively across Grint users. The organizational hierarchy is Tour>Event>Round

The Tour is called Legitimate Golf 2019. I'm assuming a yearly reset, provided enough participation.
First event is Winter 2019.
First round with an end date of 2/26. I think each ''round'' has a 2 week end date.

Scoring primarily based on net score, then gross score, then # putts.

Kind of flying by the seat of my pants here, so not sure how it will work exactly, but most of you guys got sent invites. If I completely fuck it up, then maybe Gavin can tinker with it and redo it since he's tech saavy.
Bluto did it

gpickin

Re: The Grint Virtual Tour

Post by gpickin » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:00 pm

Cool!!!
Excited to see how this works.

MattF
dogs: 1

Post by MattF » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:04 am

:thumbs
Throw me another ball will ya!

DougE

Post by DougE » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:06 am

Have no idea how this works, but accepted the invite. Do out-of-season rounds count? We don't start posting here in MD for another month or so.

gpickin

Post by gpickin » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:22 pm

I saw GBogey had a round, it didn't show up on the tour... anyone know how this works? Or is it hidden until the deadline?
I wonder if I am eliminated if I dont get a round in by the deadline. I guess I'll take a day off work to make it happen :D

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:28 am

Yeah, not sure. I went and extended the only round through end of Winter 3/20. From then on out, will have 3 rounds per season (Spring, Summer, Fall) to give those of us that only play once a month (my goal is 3/month) to post. Not sure exactly when the rounds show up. I'll shoot an inquiry to the dev team to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.
Bluto did it

GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:00 pm

I'm wondering if it's because I listed it as a practice round. If that's the case. then Doug won't be posting until April (I think).

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:27 pm

I am game to give this a try. I just shoveled 7 inches of new snow this morning, however, so I do not anticipate recording a round real soon. Let's all see what happens with this session and then decide how to proceed (or not).

:thumbs
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:12 pm

GBOGEY - I think you have to 'select' an event to have your score entered...

Go to the score, click on the score card. At the top of the REVIEW SCORE screen, there are drop down fields for date/course/tee box/# of holes/events

Click on the dropdown under Events and select the Legitimate Golf 2019 Winter Round 1 event.
Attachments
events.png
events.png (112.26 KiB) Viewed 350 times
Bluto did it

GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:57 pm

Wow - I've never been in first place before. I guess I better not play for a while so that I can enjoy it.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:14 pm

That's a pretty solid score. I don't think it'll affect your position if you were to shoot a worse score, just gives you credit for your best placements in each of those 3 categories (total net, total gross, total putts). I'll post one tomorrow. Hoping to take at least solo 2nd. :ohyeah
Bluto did it

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:47 pm

I took solo 2nd, just as predicted. :yess
Bluto did it

DougE

Post by DougE » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:30 am

I plan to be in this "Tour," but getting in 18 before the end of the month might be difficult. It is snowing here as I write this, with a forecast of 5-8 inches. That would normally shut the course down for at least a week or so until it melts. However, the forecast temps over the next few days are showing 50s and even 60s, so it is quite feasible the snow could be gone in a day or two, depending on how much we actually get. That being said, the last thing I want to do is play 18 on a muddy, cart path only course with everyone coming out of the woodwork to play in those temps. That is not appealing to me, let alone the painfully slow 6 hours it will take to do so. So, as much as I want to join the Tour, it might not be until next month before I can post anything. And, besides, nobody's gonna bump Phil (GBogey) out of the lead this month.

And, one more thing. I can't start posting official scores for another month. Off the top of my head, I think our season starts 3/15 here in MD. Do out-of-season scores count for this "Tour" thingy?

GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:56 am

My round was a solo practice round, but the Grint Tour counted it anyway.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:40 am

DougE wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:30 am
I plan to be in this "Tour," but getting in 18 before the end of the month might be difficult. It is snowing here as I write this, with a forecast of 5-8 inches. That would normally shut the course down for at least a week or so until it melts. However, the forecast temps over the next few days are showing 50s and even 60s, so it is quite feasible the snow could be gone in a day or two, depending on how much we actually get. That being said, the last thing I want to do is play 18 on a muddy, cart path only course with everyone coming out of the woodwork to play in those temps. That is not appealing to me, let alone the painfully slow 6 hours it will take to do so. So, as much as I want to join the Tour, it might not be until next month before I can post anything. And, besides, nobody's gonna bump Phil (GBogey) out of the lead this month.

And, one more thing. I can't start posting official scores for another month. Off the top of my head, I think our season starts 3/15 here in MD. Do out-of-season scores count for this "Tour" thingy?
Doug - The current round 1 for Winter ends March 20th. I extended it. Moving forward, it's likely to change a bit more, based on feedback. Currently, I have it broken down as follows:

Tour: Legitimate Golf 2019
Events: 4 (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall)
Rounds: 12 annualized (3 per event)

We may want to change it later if having rounds end on the 20th of each month is impractical.

I think The Grint allows you to enter any score so long as you select to enter it into an event on a tour that you're a part of.

This is just for fun at this point, so I don't see any issues allowing out of season rounds for those people that are :quotez climate-challenged. :quotez
Bluto did it

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:05 pm

Duke of Hazards wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:40 am

for those people that are :quotez climate-challenged. :quotez
:fuckall :onfire :fkno :fk
Let's Play 36

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:15 pm

If it makes you feel any better, Mr. Kuehn, I suffered the consequences of inclement weather when during my walk up the rain soaked and mostly mud 11th fairway of the cheap ass goat track I played, I slipped and fell ass backward into a clump of coot shit.
Bluto did it

gpickin

Post by gpickin » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:58 pm

Duke of Hazards wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:15 pm
If it makes you feel any better, Mr. Kuehn, I suffered the consequences of inclement weather when during my walk up the rain soaked and mostly mud 11th fairway of the cheap ass goat track I played, I slipped and fell ass backward into a clump of coot shit.
LMAO :)

gpickin

Post by gpickin » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:00 pm

I just posted my round... I decided to bail from work and get a round in.

1 request, can we adjust the rankings based on Score to Par? So it balances out the Par 70 vs 72 etc?
Otherwise I'll go shoot a par 3 course and win :D

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:53 am

Noted. That's a good point.

I think net score to par is the most fair way to measure scores across skill levels/tee boxes/courses, etc.

Unless anyone has problem with it, I'll make that the primary.

Any input on secondary and tertiary scoring? In trying to pick those things that don't necessarily favor the lower handicap, I can only come up with putts and FW%. What do you guys think?

These are the possibilities:
Attachments
options.png
options.png (7.63 KiB) Viewed 263 times
Bluto did it

gpickin

Post by gpickin » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:39 am

I think most of the other stats will favor lower handicap players but I am ok with that, since that’s essentially a tie breaker and if our handicap helps us tie them, they deserve the tie break breaker. Putts and FW seem good to me.

When my GIR is higher my putts are higher than when I miss the green and chip it closer, so the numbers can be deceiving.

This is fun though, thanks for doing it.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:38 am

Okay. I made the change to the scoring format. Sorry GBOGEY, it shuffled you down a peg. I noticed that you play 9 holes sometimes. This is a post from The Grint regarding combining 9h scores to post a 18h score in Tours...
Attachments
9h score.png
9h score.png (19.46 KiB) Viewed 248 times
Bluto did it

gpickin

Post by gpickin » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:11 pm

I got another round in today. All the work at the Ultimate Driving Range with the Top Tracer is paying off, starting to get some good connection on my shots. Sorry guys, it was a good one ;)

FYI - In case you guys need to change your event score to a new score, here is how i did it.
To update my score for the tour from one to the other, I went to the existing score, changed the event to none, and saved it, and then change the event on the new score.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:06 pm

Yeah, I won't be changing my new one. I sucked yesterday.
Bluto did it

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:46 pm

I would have to actually play golf in order to bother to learn how to post crap to The Grint Virtual Tour. Or can I create a virtual round? Yes!?!? In that case, I shot 63 yesterday playing the Black Tees at Leslie Park. :yess
Let's Play 36