N.B.A.

Duke of Hazards

Re: N.B.A.

Post by Duke of Hazards » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:04 pm

Yeah, they're sad. I agree. Thankfully, have other teams to watch on the regular a few times a week that don't depress me.

I need to go look at some more Lucy Robson booty shots to cheer me up.
Bluto did it

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:58 pm

Just giving you a hard time. I know you are not some glory hunting splooser fan who actually pines for, or grieves the loss of, a championship title. I know you are a mature adult who just wants to see a good game. That's where I am at least. Several teams that I'll willingly tune into watch, Minnesota, Utah, Houston, Bucks. Sixers have a great team right now. Anyways not being a Lakers fan, I am fascinated by this Lonzomania. It really is mind boggaling.
Build a bridge and get over it.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:38 pm

LeBron broke the Lakers. Ha ha.

For those not in the loop, the greatest player in the NBA became a free agent and signed with the LA Lakers last offseason. After a mediocre season, they are now fighting (in vain) to squeak into the playoffs as the eighth seed. LeBron demanded the organization trade the entire starting lineup for one superstar player Anthony Davis of New Orleans. That trade fell through and now everyone is pouting, team spirit has collapsed and LeBron has lost the respect of everyone.

It was ill-fated from the start. Ha ha. I am just a ignorant casual fan and I saw this failure coming a mile away.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:03 am

You know sometimes in sports fandom, you root real hard for a certain player or team to fall on their fuckin' face. And once in a while somehow this wish comes true, in such big and embarrassing fashion, that you start to actually feel like a ghoul for wishing them anything but success and happiness.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:57 am

Lakers :rofl

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:54 pm

What the hell is this dude's problem

Positively shameful effort at this point :facepalm

Sorry DukeofHazards. Lebron James has broken your hometown basketball team.

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:02 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:54 pm
What the hell is this dude's problem

Positively shameful effort at this point :facepalm

Sorry DukeofHazards. Lebron James has broken your hometown basketball team.
I must say I don't watch much basketball, but this is pretty amazing. Is he trying to preserve clock? I dont even entirely know why this is happening, but it's as fun to watch as a soccer goal keeper whiffing and kicking a ball backwards into their own goal.
Keep it short stupid.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:45 pm

Yeah, the season is done. LeBron looks like he's mailing it in. I think we need a coaching change and score another star in the offseason. The teams in the west are basically vying for 2nd place.

At least the Eastern conference has some legit talent for once.
Bluto did it

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:06 am

Lost to the NY Knicks. :lolz

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:06 am

:lolz

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:18 pm

The Warriors have an ill-fated look about them lately. Like they might not make the finals. On paper they are still the superior team. But they seem vulnerable somehow.

Rooting for the Bucks and 76ers lately. I like that kid Antetokoumpo, and also like Embiid. Fun to watch these overgrown freaks play ball in 2019, shooting from everywhere and shit.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:12 pm

Russell Westbrook is a douche. Great individual player but is taking on the look of a loser. You wonder about these guys who are talented at putting it in the hoop but have problems when it comes to winning. In the playoffs that is.

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:57 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:18 pm
The Warriors have an ill-fated look about them lately. Like they might not make the finals...
The evil empire lives to play another series. I don't think the NBA is well served by the current process where the stars decide to join a team to win the championship.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:42 am

bkuehn1952 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:57 pm
legitimatebeef wrote:
The Warriors have an ill-fated look about them lately. Like they might not make the finals...
The evil empire lives to play another series. I don't think the NBA is well served by the current process where the stars decide to join a team to win the championship.
Kevin Durant is a douche. I should just put out a weekly sports douche list should't I. Anyways Kevin Durant is going to save the Warriors' sorry ass but he is still a douche. Word is he is going to the Knicks after this, which is a massive douche move. Here's why it's a douche move. The Knicks are one of the worst franchises in all of sports. But it's also in the asshole capital of the world so guys get it in their head that they are going to swoop in and save the whole city and become some sort of folk hero or some shit. Amare Stoudamire, Carmelo Anthony, now I guess Kevin Durant's career gonna disappear down the same black hole. Douches like these who are always whining about respect and how they don't get it. Seems like the most respected people in sports don't ever whine about getting respect. Seems like they don't seek it out either. Gosh maybe that is a clue.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri May 10, 2019 9:52 am

A lot changed since that last post. Kevin Durant got injured, the Warriors will lose (probably to Houston) and Durant will join a freshly-disgraced Kyrie Irving on the New York Knicks next year, ushering in the latest era of failure for both that organization and the two players.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat May 11, 2019 10:12 am

For the first half of Warriors-Rockets, I was all like "Man that Steph Curry looks over the hill, washed up, past his prime, etc" Earlier in the series, he botched a dunk in a most ignominious fashion, and I kept thinking back to it.

But then in the second half last night he became, like, Michael Jordan or some shit. :facepalm Some really impressive ballin.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue May 21, 2019 10:21 am

legitimatebeef wrote:
The Warriors have an ill-fated look about them lately. Like they might not make the finals. On paper they are still the superior team. But they seem vulnerable somehow.
God, another really stupid take from the world's worst sports fan. The Warriors now look like the basketball team supreme. Their confidence, their hustle, their desire are unmatched in the league. They now get ten days rest before the finals where they will meet a team that is very inexperienced in the playoffs. Meanwhile this is Golden State's fifth straight finals appearance. Game over.

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:12 pm

Celtic-like (1960's). But not quite that good.
Let's Play 36

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue May 21, 2019 6:36 pm

Please. Those Celtics were great for their time. But in no way can they stack up to these modern day uber-players. Things are so different now. Those peach baskets they used as goals back then would not even last for one quarter of a modern day NBA game. :nope

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:16 am

I object to the media stating, "Five Straight Times to the Finals ... Only Golden State and the Celtics have done that!!"

While that statement is true, it doesn't mention that the Celtics not only went to the finals 5 times in a row, but actually 10 times in a row.
Let's Play 36

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed May 22, 2019 11:39 am

I think such facts are rarely trumpeted because they make the NBA of yore look bad. If any team in any professional league makes the championship finals that many times in a row, it's only natural to then wonder what the heck was wrong with everyone else. I realize this is merely another old guy sports fan vs slightly less old guy sports fan debating, but my rationale here is that the modern players like Steph Curry and Klay Thompson have fundamentally changed the scoring dynamics and strategy of the game with all their wanton long range shooting. They have made a Roger Bannister type of impact on basketball. The great teams of yore had their virtues obviously but they would lose every time to these new teams if only on account of the shooting. Shooting being arguably the primary skill of basketball. Even my favorite sports team of all-time, the late 80s LA Lakers, would have no chance against today's Golden State raining down three-pointers, from deep behind the line. They would be stunned IMO.

srogers13

Post by srogers13 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:43 pm

bkuehn1952 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 11:16 am
I object to the media stating, "Five Straight Times to the Finals ... Only Golden State and the Celtics have done that!!"

While that statement is true, it doesn't mention that the Celtics not only went to the finals 5 times in a row, but actually 10 times in a row.
Of course, them making it to the finals 10 times in a row is such an amazing feat in an eight team league. :up :fu :school
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:10 pm

Great point, srogers13. Teams only had to win a few games with only 8-10 teams.
Let's Play 36

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:14 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 11:39 am
... The great teams of yore had their virtues obviously but they would lose every time to these new teams if ...
...they played the modern version of the game. In the 1960's there were no 3-point shots, everything was two. Dominating centers were required.
Let's Play 36

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu May 23, 2019 3:44 pm

Honest question, don't get angry at me. How often did players of the 1960's utilize the "slam dunk" shot?