Random thoughts

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: Random thoughts

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:36 pm

If I seem more cranky than usual it is because I am. I am fighting a cold since Monday night. This morning I woke up feeling really hot. No fever, just sweats. Like hot flashes. In my delirium I kept picturing myself sitting in the North Pole, melting down the glaciers with my overheated ass.
A golfball wizard's
got such a supple wrist-cock

MattF

Post by MattF » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:10 pm

Suck it up buttercup!
Throw me another ball will ya!

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:14 pm

Insane dream last night in my delirium. I forgot the particulars, but in it I had a distinct vision of the future, specifically of the technology relating to either transportation, or energy. It was a whole new paradigm, mind-blowing and in the moment it all seemed to make perfect sense. In the dream I remember thinking, "Hey now, I am seeing the future of things." But that's the clearest thing I can remember about it.
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:17 pm

MattF wrote:Suck it up buttercup!
Harden the fack up! I am. I just went for a jog. Now I am going to a concert, I'll probably chug some beer.
A golfball wizard's

bryan k

Post by bryan k » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:30 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
bryan k wrote:If you've never seen live footage of A-Ha, I recommend you go give it a look. Their singer is quite talented.
Sewer rat might taste like pumpkin pie but I'll never know because I won't eat the filthy motherfucker. It's not a question of talent or no talent. I hate that song. Actually hate is not even the right word. Whenever I hear "Take on Me" I get this overwhelming feeling of sadness, that the world is an ugly vile place and that all life is meaningless and futile.
Now you know how I feel about Robert Plant!

brianmk24

Post by brianmk24 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:56 pm

Coda1850 wrote:Halloween, I don't mind you. Thanksgiving, you're awesome. Christmas, what the fuck is wrong with you?
I would move straight from Nov 1 to Jan 1 if I could. I hate holidays with divorced parents and a Christmas Eve birthday. Just get me back to normal life after New Year's Eve.

Yes, get off my lawn.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:12 am

brianmk24 wrote:
Coda1850 wrote:Halloween, I don't mind you. Thanksgiving, you're awesome. Christmas, what the fuck is wrong with you?
I would move straight from Nov 1 to Jan 1 if I could. I hate holidays with divorced parents and a Christmas Eve birthday. Just get me back to normal life after New Year's Eve.

Yes, get off my lawn.
Did you always feel that way or does it get worse as you get older?
A golfball wizard's

MattF

Post by MattF » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:31 am

legitimatebeef wrote:
MattF wrote:Suck it up buttercup!
Harden the fack up! I am. I just went for a jog. Now I am going to a concert, I'll probably chug some beer.
:thumbup:

bryan k

Post by bryan k » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:35 pm

I love Halloween. I love dressing up in costumes, and Halloween is like the only day of the year where that's socially acceptable for me. But I hate it when people try to scare each other. If you do that to someone who has PTSD, you could seriously end up ruining both of your days.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:05 pm

Halloween... last Saturday I saw smatterings of people observing it including kids, neighbors giving out candy. I understand that, in the years in which Halloween's on a weekday, people might want to observe it on the prior weekend so they can get wasted and stay up late and what not. But Halloween is next Saturday. I think people got so used to spreading out their Halloween cheer over the span of a week that they'll do it no matter when the actual day is. In my day we were tough, we went out trick/treating no matter what the day. That's the way it was and we liked it.
A golfball wizard's

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:22 pm

Can this be beefs new avatar?

This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:32 pm

Okay, who can beat my Halloween memory. Halloween 1960. Nixon vs. Kennedy was rolling into the last days before the election. We arrived at a home and the lady asked, "Are you Democrats or Republicans?". As any good central Wisconsonite would, we answered, "Republicans!!" She slammed the door in our faces. ;)
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

bryan k

Post by bryan k » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:05 pm

I remember going to a local shopping mall once when I was 10 or 11 because the weather was too crappy outside to go door-to-door. The stores in the mall would give out candy to trick-or-treaters back then, so it was a popular thing to do. The weather got so bad that they shut the roads down, and we were snowed in overnight on Halloween night. We had school the next day. Very awkward. Most of my classmates were stuck at the mall with me, and some of them showed up in their costumes the next day.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:53 pm

Couple weeks ago I decided to clean up my inbox once and for all. Part of the process was attempting to unsubscribe to the legion of junk lists that I somehow got on.

Now I am getting more junk than ever. That was a mistake. Either the whole "click here to unsubscribe" is kind of a Trojan horse, or else some spammer felt personally violated by my rejection and is carrying out some kind of vendetta. Whatever, it's now a lost cause. Probably better to slash and burn the whole email address to the ground and start all over again.
A golfball wizard's

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:11 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:Couple weeks ago I decided to clean up my inbox once and for all. Part of the process was attempting to unsubscribe to the legion of junk lists that I somehow got on.

Now I am getting more junk than ever. That was a mistake. Either the whole "click here to unsubscribe" is kind of a Trojan horse, or else some spammer felt personally violated by my rejection and is carrying out some kind of vendetta. Whatever, it's now a lost cause. Probably better to slash and burn the whole email address to the ground and start all over again.
Do you use a gmail address? I started using inbox for my personal gmail account. It was hard to get used to not deleting everything (in Inbox, you just select 'done', which is like archiving it out of the inbox). It seems we're at a point now that cloud space is so large, deleting is unnecessary. Anyhow, in Inbox, you can swipe away massive amounts of mail at a click. If you need to dig something up later, the search feature is pretty robust.

But yeah, my wife's inbox is a mess from all the subscription crap. I've cleaned hers a bunch, but I'm over it.

MattF

Post by MattF » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:15 am

My yahoo does a pretty good job of deciding what's spam and what's not. But we're not staying on point...I'm not sure if I want to unsubscribe from any lists except one. Oob/skygolf...fuckers won't let me unsubscribe because they banned me so I can't get to that section.

bryan k

Post by bryan k » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:01 am

MattF wrote:My yahoo does a pretty good job of deciding what's spam and what's not. But we're not staying on point...I'm not sure if I want to unsubscribe from any lists except one. Oob/skygolf...fuckers won't let me unsubscribe because they banned me so I can't get to that section.
That's gotta be the biggest slap in the face ever.

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:12 am

That is so awesome.

MattF

Post by MattF » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:17 pm

bryan k wrote:That's gotta be the biggest slap in the face ever.
No shit! :evil:
jasonfish11 wrote:That is so awesome.
Yeah, just what I was thinking... :lol:

brianmk24

Post by brianmk24 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:14 am

legitimatebeef wrote:
brianmk24 wrote:

Yes, get off my lawn.
I don't remember exactly, but it's been the last 8-10 years (I'm 35).

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:52 am

brianmk24 wrote:
legitimatebeef wrote:
brianmk24 wrote:

Yes, get off my lawn.
I don't remember exactly, but it's been the last 8-10 years (I'm 35).
My parents are still intact but I don't the holidays either. Thanksgiving is a nice sentiment, but it has become so rote. People facetiously call it Turkey Day, but let's face it, turkey really is the core essence of this holiday. If you need a one-a-year special day to remind yourself of gratitude, then you're pretty fucked and no national holiday is going to save your soul. Christmas, if you're not deeply religious then what is it? A bacchanalia of consumption. Even if you are religious, you're still probably throwing a lot of cash out the window not to mention inadvertently indulging in various acts of paganism. Fuck everything. Make up your own traditions.
A golfball wizard's

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:59 am

Dont forget festivus

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Why Thanksgiving is the Best Holiday

Post by bkuehn1952 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:33 pm

For 90% of us, there is a 4 day weekend. No gifts = no shopping. No severe religious overtones. While it is an essentially Christian-themed day, no church really influences the celebration. Over eating is encouraged. It allows many families to get together in an essentially non-judgmental atmosphere. In Michigan, the weather often allows one to play golf 3 days in a row.

I love Thanksgiving. I do not particularly like any other holiday.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

Coda1850

Post by Coda1850 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:58 am

My wife says: Let me know what you want me make for your birthday Friday.
I say: Filet Mignon with the black pepper rub, hot steak fries, spinach.

She says: No, pick something else. That doesn't take long enough to make.

What the fuck?
Low Round: 83, +11 Green Hill - 09/15/14
Low Round: 83, +11 Indian Meadows - 09/12/15

Mark unread?

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:14 pm

Coda1850 wrote:My wife says: Let me know what you want me make for your birthday Friday.
I say: Filet Mignon with the black pepper rub, hot steak fries, spinach.

She says: No, pick something else. That doesn't take long enough to make.

What the fuck?
I agree that's a little boring. Throw in a lobster tail or at the very least some lousy shrimps. Come on man, live a little.
A golfball wizard's