Anything, Dog

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: Anything, Dog

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:31 pm

A little confusion today. A few weeks ago Ringo developed a hard little skin growth on his back leg. Like a petrified zit or something. It resembled a tiny horn. An vet appointment was made for tomorrow.

This morning however we discovered that the thing, whatever it was, done fell off. Problem solved. :banana Will probably still go ahead with the vet visit where, I am sure, they will still insist on breaking out the scalpel. At which point I will have to fight the urge to say to the vet YOU WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH ME FIRST BITCH.
Build a bridge and get over it.

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:24 pm

I work two days a week and one of the days is "Bring Your Dog" day (Wednesday). Better than owning my own! I can chase them and play with them, then let their owners deal with their hyped up pet. My favorite is Brutus, a rescue mix of Chow and who knows what. His great joy is being chased. No "fetch" or scratching or wrestling - just "chase me". So I chase him around our office until his tongue is dragging on the ground. He then heads to his owner's work station, which Brutus considers his "safe zone."
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:45 pm

Our family dog was a chow. If anyone had hyped him up and chased him around they would've needed stitches. Mean motherfucker.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:05 pm

Where's the cat thread?
Bluto did it

srogers13

Post by srogers13 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:07 pm

Duke of Hazards wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:05 pm
Where's the cat thread?
viewtopic.php?p=25368#p25368
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:58 pm

Ha, I see what you did there, Srogers. :P
Bluto did it

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:10 am

Ringo trained himself to barf only on the hardwood and never the carpet. What a mensch. :up

Also last week we bought him a new orange bouncy ball. After a couple days he somehow figured out the meaning of "orange ball" though we made no effort to teach him. Now you can ask him to get the orange ball and he'll go pluck it right out of his toy box. Love this guy.

MattF

Post by MattF » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:02 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:10 am
Ringo trained himself to barf only on the hardwood and never the carpet. What a mensch. :up

Also last week we bought him a new orange bouncy ball. After a couple days he somehow figured out the meaning of "orange ball" though we made no effort to teach him. Now you can ask him to get the orange ball and he'll go pluck it right out of his toy box. Love this guy.
:thumbs Meanwhile, our idiot still can't work out that you can't throw a toy if he's holding onto it.
Throw me another ball will ya!

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:08 pm

MattF wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:02 pm
legitimatebeef wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:10 am

:thumbs Meanwhile, our idiot still can't work out that you can't throw a toy if he's holding onto it.
Yeah that is about how mine works. My dumb one fell down the flight of stairs earlier today onto the landing area. Only 5 stairs but man he is stupid.
Keep it short stupid.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:57 am

Dog went to vet to get some shots last week, I am still laughing about it. He wasn't being a bad dog, just very uncooperative. I go to hoist him up to the exam table but he goes completely limp, turning himself into a heavy amorphous blob that was almost impossible to lift. Somehow in the struggle he ended up on his back on the floor, like some sort of hippie protestor getting dragged around by the fuzz. I couldn't get mad, I was too impressed by his ingenuity.

About to make the transition to home-cooked dog food. Quite nervous about it all as it represents a pretty big lifestyle change for everyone. I'm not trying to be a crazy dog person here, I just am struggling with the idea of feeding indiscriminate mystery meat kibbles to what is essentially a family member. We took pains to pick out a quality dog food, but still I would never ever want to eat any of it myself. And I am not looking to invest a lot of time into doggy cuisine here. I am hoping to utilize the instant pot, and that it's just a matter of picking up a few extra ingredients while at the human food store, and then a few minutes of cooking every 1-2 weeks. We'll probably have to supplement his diet with I dunno, ground up eggshells, and raw beef bones and fish oil and shit like that. Come on now. We can do this. How hard could it be? I'm planning to start with a kind of beef/rice/kale/sweet potato stew. Shit, that sounds like something I wouldn't mind eating.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:02 pm

So last night I whipped up about two pounds' worth of beef, kale, sweet potato, rice stew for the mutt. Took me all of fifteen minutes to get everything in the cooker. Might have overcooked it a bit, for my liking at least. I tasted it, it was bland and tasted exactly like the ingredients. But like high quality fresh food. After two meals with this stuff the dog already seems changed. More attentive, more mature, calmer. Like, just a better dog overall. But I cannot be objective here, clearly I have expectations. Just have to wait and see. All you animal activists calm down, I realize this is not quite a complete doggy food source. You always have to supplement a dog's diet no matter what you are feeding anyways. :school