Tennis

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Re: Tennis

Post by bkuehn1952 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:13 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:18 pm
Fed in the final. Again.

Greatest sportsman of our time. Federer is kind of like Tiger, if Tiger had kept his shit together and never ran over a fire hydrant etc.
Word up.

I was also happy to see Caroline Wozniacki (sp) finally win a major. She has had the unfortunate fate of being considered a 2nd rate but attractive player. Now we all know she is a good player and attractive. No Serena, of course, but competitive with the best.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:03 am

bkuehn1952 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:13 pm
legitimatebeef wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:18 pm
Fed in the final. Again.

Greatest sportsman of our time. Federer is kind of like Tiger, if Tiger had kept his shit together and never ran over a fire hydrant etc.
Word up.

I was also happy to see Caroline Wozniacki (sp) finally win a major. She has had the unfortunate fate of being considered a 2nd rate but attractive player. Now we all know she is a good player and attractive. No Serena, of course, but competitive with the best.
Disagree. I think Caroline is more attractive. To each his own. :nope
A golfball wizard's
got such a supple wrist-cock

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:10 am

By the way, this morning I do not know who has won the men's final. For I am flashing back to the 80s and beyond: I am suspending reality via tape delay. Last night before bed I made sure to change the TV channel and close all tennis related websites on the computer. Currently I am hermetically sealed off from the whole world of tennis. The only tennis information being allowed into my home is this ESPN tape delay broadcast of the match. If anyone makes a post here, don't even bother putting it in a spoiler because I'm not even going to open the thread. That's how little I trust you knuckleheads to not spoil this match for me. Last year's final turned out to be one for the ages and I missed it entirely. This year's was probably a dud, with a disappointing result. Oh well, we shall see over the next couple hours!
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:42 pm

TRULY MAGNIFICENT

Last year when Roger Fed won two slams, I thought it was an extended fluke. I was wrong. The modern tennis game changed, it belongs to Fed again.

:bawl
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:07 pm

New forum-wide rule effective immediately. All specific references to the great Roger Federer must be as "the Maestro". "Roger Federer the Maestro" is also acceptable. Compliance is not optional. Don't make me wake up the auto-correct bot.
A golfball wizard's

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:19 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:07 pm
New forum-wide rule effective immediately. All specific references to the great Roger Federer must be as "the Maestro". "Roger Federer the Maestro" is also acceptable. Compliance is not optional. Don't make me wake up the auto-correct bot.
Is RFTM acceptable? Or some other snazzy short-cut?
Let's Play 36

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:22 pm

bkuehn1952 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:19 pm
legitimatebeef wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:07 pm
Is RFTM acceptable? Or some other snazzy short-cut?
That could also fit the "Real F#*@ing Tennis Man"
Keep it short stupid.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:44 am

The number one tennis player in the world is once again Roger Federer the Maestro. All hail.

I SAID ALL HAIL :fkno
A golfball wizard's

srogers13

Post by srogers13 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:24 pm

Heil?
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:44 pm

I admittedly am not a huge tennis fan currently, but I know that it's a young man's sport. I didn't realize he was 36 ( I thought maybe 33 or something). That's pretty amazing that he's world #1 at 36. I'm kind of sad that I didn't keep up with tennis during his reign. Not sure that I would've had time for it.
Bluto did it

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:53 pm

Duke of Hazards wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:44 pm
I admittedly am not a huge tennis fan currently, but I know that it's a young man's sport.
WAS a young man's sport

It's not just Fed. Right now there is not one player under 30 who owns a Grand Slam title. Nobody in who's in their twenties currently has even threatened to win one. :puke OK so technically Cilic is still in his twenties, but only til September.

It's hilarious that there are literal factories in Florida, Eastern Europe and god knows where else where they try to engineer the perfect tennis player and still, they cannot make a dent in old ass Federer's armor. It takes all-time greatness to take down Federer. Unless you are also headed for the tennis hall of fame, just give up. Fed just won another tour title yesterday in Europe, an absolutely routine beatdown, of one of the most touted of these twenty-somethings. :fkno
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:39 pm

Big Sunday. Tiger, Inbee... and Federer Express :facepalm

I watched Fed's quarter and semifinals in which he schooled two guys who are several years away from car rental eligibility. He is now stepping on the throats of guys who are 1.5 generations younger. :facepalm

That said he faces one of his toughest ever foes in JuanMartinDelPotro in the final today.
A golfball wizard's

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:24 am

I sometimes wonder if Federer (and other top pros) dump matches. I think the ATP requires participation in a certain number of events. So the big names will sign up for a fairly minor event, practice minimally and lose in an early round so they can go home and rest.

"The 36-year-old, who suffered a shock 3-6 6-3 7-6 (7-4) loss to world number 175 Thanasi Kokkinakis in Miami, ..."
Let's Play 36

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:52 pm

Roger Federer has left Nike and now wears Uniqlo. Holy fuckin shit. That is kind of like Tiger showing up at the Masters wearing Old Navy. You know who else wears Uniqlo? The beefster. Adam Scott does too. So why the heck aren't you? The worst part is, this stuff is probably cheaper than what you are wearing right now.
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:27 pm

Great final match coming up this afternoon, at something called the Northern and/or Southern and/or Western and/or Eastern Open. Of tennis. Obviously. Anyways it’s Federer and Djokovic. That prick. Great player but so annoying. After a big point, he always looks up at the crowd with such disdain, like “Hey, why you no love me? Like you love Roger? Novak just as good tennis as Roger!”
A golfball wizard's