Tennis

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Tennis

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:47 pm

Well I really done it now. I brought my special jinx to the women's semifinal match of the US FRICKIN OPEN and now Serena Williams's historic quest for the calendar year Grand Slam is dead. I feel terrible, not so much for her because she is the GOAT and maybe it's good for the sport when other women win once in a while, but for all her passionate fans who were so let down. My bad. Serena's play was flat and tentative, must have been feeling the nerves. Even I could see, from the upper deck that she wasn't swinging through so good, trying to steer it in at times. Or maybe she's just flat out gassed. The woman was going for her fifth grand slam in a row for god's sake. She lost to an unseeded, over the hill Italian woman I never heard of. But the better player won today--she played clean and didn't choke. But unspectacular, not that many winners. I am a big Serena fan but not that disappointed. She wins maybe too much these days, it is gaudy. I expected her to lose her previous two matches anyways. She did good to get to the semis here.

photo.JPG
photo.JPG (785.88 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
everyone is gay

srogers13

Re: Tennis

Post by srogers13 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:15 pm

I heard it was really Drake's fault, but that was before I knew Beef was there.
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:10 pm

jfurr

Post by jfurr » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:31 pm

LOL
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:06 pm

srogers13 wrote:I heard it was really Drake's fault, but that was before I knew Beef was there.

I enjoyed explaining to the misses that I genuinely don't know who that person is. Is he some kind of singer, or rapper? She conjectured that he was both. Oh really, I said. That's quite remarkable if he is a singer AND a rapper. She was like What's the big deal? and I replied that it'd be remarkable because who in the world of music does both, singing and rapping. I pressed for an answer and of course she didn't have one, except for "What about that guy, Pitbull?" I had to terminate this conversation right then and there.
everyone is gay

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:36 pm

Going to a big tennis match is its own special kind of annoying. My neighbor would involuntary react to shots either by going "SSSSSCHHHHH!" or with a very inflected "OoooOOOooOH!" As a golf spectator at least you can move away from people you don't like. A tennis stadium is packed to limits of what is humane.
everyone is gay

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:29 am

The 2015 US Open sucked ass, that's all there is to it!
everyone is gay

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:17 pm

That crazy woman is at it again, back in the Wombledon final. All you haters who cannot handle a strong black women, can suck it.
everyone is gay

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:33 pm

Thats what I thought.
everyone is gay

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:26 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:Thats what I thought.
C'mon ... there is no tennis like U.S. Open Tennis. We will be watching around Labor Day. Rush the court during Serena's final match.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:30 am

Forget about Tiger hobbling around Torrey Pines this week. The Williams Sisters of tennis have reached the women's singles final at the Australian Open (of tennis). Like Tiger they are over the freakin' hill. Unlike Tiger however these ho's still be excelling. And that friends is truly entertaining. I like Tiger Woods but let's face it, I got fatigue from all his ups and downs and all the accompanying weeping and gnashing of teeth/jubilation coming from each side of the moronic aisle. Don't you knuckleheads get fatigued from all that? I'm pretty sure the Golf Channel has locked Brandel Chamblee in a cage with no food this week, and they are going to unleash him today soon as Tiger starts his warmup. He is going to be rabid and feral spitting out his Tiger-opinions, you can bet on that.

Fuck that guy in the ass is what I say. (Brandel Chamblee, that is.) Because Roger Frickin' Federer has also reached the Australian Open tennis final!!!! Roger Federer, arguably older in tennis-years than Tiger is in golf-years, still gliding around the court making his younger challengers look like chumps. While you guys are getting your ears and brains assaulted by the likes of Chamblee, Rogey will be in the final looking over the net at none other than Rafael Frickin' Nadal, i.e. the Tiger Frickin' Woods of tennis. Like Tiger, Nadal may be balding and over the hill, but goddamnit he's still blasting poseurs off the court. While you people are rolling your eyes hearing the same Tiger cliches for the millionth time, Nadal will be winning his 15th major title. Which by the way, puts him one past Tiger.

Sorry, I don't know why I am suddenly so bitter towards the world of pro golf. Whatever. It is what it is.
everyone is gay

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:39 am

legitimatebeef wrote:...Australian Open (of tennis)...
You need to stop staying up so late watching sports. :school
Let's Play 36

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:44 am

bkuehn1952 wrote:
legitimatebeef wrote:...Australian Open (of tennis)...
You need to stop staying up so late watching sports. :school
I'm not even watching. I'm mostly just reading about it and replaying it all in the theater of my mind's eye. Still beats watching and listening to the Golf Channel airheads. Goddamn it I hate the Golf Channel. Why these feelings are surfacing now and in such an ugly way I am not sure.
everyone is gay

DougE

Post by DougE » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:21 am

But let's be clear, you still want to see Tiger come back and win, right?

srogers13

Post by srogers13 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:27 am

You can always unleash Rory on Chamblee, if you want a good beatdown.
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:39 am

DougE wrote:But let's be clear, you still want to see Tiger come back and win, right?
Of course. I am just emotionally hedging in case he stinks up the joint. Also trying to minimize my annoyance with the golf-broadcasting industry by bottoming out expectations--if I convince myself beforehand that Brandel Chamblee and Company are some of the most detestable creeps in the history of sports-television, then maybe I don't get so aggravated.
everyone is gay

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:16 pm

My gladness for Federer in the final is being overcome by the creeping realization that Nadal is your 2017 AO champion. He just has Federer's number. And if you look at the records you see the beatdowns only get worse with time. Doesn't matter that Fed's form is better right now, or that Nadal is not the same player who dominated Fed back then. Nadal could play with a broken leg and still beat Fed. :facepalm
everyone is gay

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:58 pm

Biggest world event since Nov. 8 IMO.

Federer

Nadal

Clash of the over the hill titans.

It's too much to handle. For this casual fan at least. Might need a stiff drink to get through it. Nadal is the heavy favorite but he just spent five hours in a grueling semifinal. Who knows what condition his condition will be in. Maybe Fed has a sliver of a chance.
everyone is gay

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:24 pm

I am pulling for Roger. We Swiss need to stick together.
Let's Play 36

DougE

Post by DougE » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:22 pm

I did not realize that the Kuehn surname is Swiss.

jev

Post by jev » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:11 am

Roger! Roger! Roger! :thrust
DougE wrote:I did not realize that the Kuehn surname is Swiss.
In German, 'ue' is a non-diacritic replacement for 'ü', I guess originally it was spelled "Kühn". Would've been more of a giveaway, no?
90% of the game is mental, the other half is all in your head (Yogi)

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:33 am

The Swiss side was my mother's family, Spörri. Dad was German and Norwegian.
Let's Play 36

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:59 pm

S. Williams is now the official GOAT. That's kind of cool. End all motherf'n discussion. All you haters who ever questioned her all-time greatness now have to literally kneel and repent. That must be pretty sweet.

This woman makes it look routine, but listen to me dammit. Women's pro tennis is a hugely lucrative profession. Talking seven figure prizes for grand slam events. That means the competition is intense. They have camps in Florida, and Eastern Europe or wherever where they literally try to engineer great tennis players. It doesn't work! They crank em out but Serena Williams keeps beating them all down. Pro tennis was supposed to be a twenty-something's game. It really is wonderous when you take a step back and really look at what the F is going on.
everyone is gay

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:20 pm

And what a story for these sisters. I am close to breaking down writing this. All little sis wanted in life was to match up to big sis. By beating Venus, Serena beat the whole world. :facepalm
everyone is gay

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:36 am

Not to mention the flashback match between Roger & Rafa. Maybe the days of tennis players quitting at age 30 is coming to and end?
Let's Play 36