What Grinds Your Gears?

Coda1850

What Grinds Your Gears?

Post by Coda1850 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:06 am

These IT guys just shut everything down while people are actually working, instead of posting on awesome golf forums. What the fuck? They can't even tell anyone? Uh, we're gonna fuck your shit for a while. You might wanna grab a coffee or lick a wall or something for 10 or 30 minutes.

Walkin' around like they're gods & we're just measly little ants. We have like a dozen people that would need to know. They could stand in the middle 1 room & let 70% of the people know by saying it once.

C'MON!
Low Round: 83, +11 Green Hill - 09/15/14
Low Round: 83, +11 Indian Meadows - 09/12/15

Mark unread?

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Re: What Grinds Your Gears?

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:46 pm

Just tell them Jar Jar binks is your favorite star wars character and you'll never have to talk to them again.
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

bryan k

Post by bryan k » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:30 pm

Curbs on cart paths. They need to be outlawed.

Coda1850

Post by Coda1850 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:41 am

jasonfish11 wrote:Just tell them Jar Jar binks is your favorite star wars character and you'll never have to talk to them again.
I'm glad I don't get that.

Mark unread?

jfurr

Post by jfurr » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:38 am

took the day off to burn up some PTO and do some fun stuff-- am now dealing with a bathroom sink repair and last night the catalytic converter in my truck died.
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:48 am

jfurr wrote:last night the catalytic converter in my truck died.
I'm pissed I had mine replaced in TN right before moving to VA. It costs $1300. But asked if they would put straight pipe in for $500. They said they would but I wouldn't pass emissions testing by the state. I knew VA did a lot of annual testing, so I went with the $1300 to drop in a new CAT. Come to find out VA only does safety testing (brakes, seat belts, lights, ect).

So needless to say I wasted $800 to make sure I helped the environment. :facepalm

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:24 pm

jasonfish11 wrote:So needless to say I wasted $800 to make sure I helped the environment. :facepalm

Well, quite a few Beijing residents would like to trade places. You did the right thing.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:30 am

Seeing articles like this and realizing that there is almost no one reading it thinking that this is not really an altruistic event.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companie ... ar-AAgfOq0

Everyone at a US based oil company got $100,000 bonus for Christmas? So $138,000,000 out the door. This company probably didn't do well this year given how cheap oil prices have been. To me this means the company is getting ready to fold up shop in the next year (assuming oil stays cheap) and wants to give money to its employees instead of its bond holders or creditors. Odds are the creditors wind up suing the company and its employees over the "bonus" in order to have debts repaid.

jfurr

Post by jfurr » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:27 pm

got home. it's 52 degrees outside. My wife is outside on the front steps messing with her phone. Walk inside, air conditioning is on. why?
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

MattF

Post by MattF » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:16 am

jfurr wrote:got home. it's 52 degrees outside. My wife is outside on the front steps messing with her phone. Walk inside, air conditioning is on. why?
Because she's hot? :wtf:
Throw me another ball will ya!

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:11 pm

There have been 2 posts on Legitimate Golf for November and only 1 in December. It is winter and our fearless leader is hanging out at the driving range. I want to be entertained by tales of NYC golf, not subjected to internal monologues on the proper position of one's wrist in the back swing!!! :(
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

MattF

Post by MattF » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:12 am

He doesn't play anymore...just a range rat.

legitimategolf
Site Admin

Post by legitimategolf » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:10 am

NOT TRUE. I'm putting in the bare minimum. I'm just in a rut. I'll be out soon.
Teen 'cap wasteland. It's only teen 'cap wasteland.

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:24 pm

jasonfish11 wrote:Seeing articles like this and realizing that there is almost no one reading it thinking that this is not really an altruistic event.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companie ... ar-AAgfOq0

Everyone at a US based oil company got $100,000 bonus for Christmas? So $138,000,000 out the door. This company probably didn't do well this year given how cheap oil prices have been. To me this means the company is getting ready to fold up shop in the next year (assuming oil stays cheap) and wants to give money to its employees instead of its bond holders or creditors. Odds are the creditors wind up suing the company and its employees over the "bonus" in order to have debts repaid.
Saw this quote on a public website from a chief portfolio strategist at a financial firm. It reminded me about my above prediction of this company going bankrupt and attempting to funnel money away from creditors and bond holders.

"Roberts says that highly-leveraged energy companies are likely to start defaulting in higher numbers by mid-2016, when they no longer able to sell oil at locked-in prices well above today’s prices that are a few dollars short of $40. “Their 12-month future contracts, which they said they could sell oil at $60-$70, will expire and most of the smaller energy companies would go bankrupt and start defaulting on their debt. Junk bonds will implode,” he said."

But again everyone will just look at the $100k bonuses and think "why can't my company do that."

DougE

Post by DougE » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:24 am

Not sure if this post belongs on this thread, since it seems to be for everything NOT related to golf but, this one ticks me off a little. I apologize in advance for my long-winded diatribe.

I hate it when the cart jockeys at a club start cleaning your clubs for you at the end of a round without first asking. I like to clean my own clubs after every round and I certainly clean them far better than any quick wipe with a wet towel that they will attempt. Yet, because they started (without my request) I must now tip them for something I did not want them to do in the first place, and furthermore, like to do myself, more thoroughly.

At my old club it wasn't a problem as everyone knew I was a member there and they pretty much stayed away from all the member's clubs unless the member requested it. I would always tip them well when they went out of their way for me for any reason, like bringing my sunglasses to me after they found them in my cart. Or, my rangefinder (that was a $10 tip). I was very friendly with them all and made a habit of tipping them throughout the year for various things or just to say I appreciated them for the long days they spend sweating out there in the sun or rain or whatever.

And, I understand club cleaning at the end of a round at resort courses and high end clubs and I am prepared to throw a few bucks to them when I play at a special place like that, even though I still feel it is presumptuous, and will still go home and clean them myself, properly. It is akin to window washers at stoplights in the city who wash your windshield while you sit at the light whether you want it done or not and then expect to be paid for the service. I hate that!

At my new club (which, admittedly, is a high-end daily fee type course) we have a couple college-aged girls who sit at the 18th green in a cart waiting for golfers to pull up and walk to the green (mostly on weekends and busy days). They then hop out and start wiping off the club faces in all four bags of the foursome, timing it just right so that the group is walking back to the cart as they are finishing up. The first time they did it, I didn't say anything and tipped a few bucks. I also introduced myself and explained that I was a new member and that it wouldn't be necessary going forward. The next time I saw the girl headed to my cart I stopped her and gave her 2 bucks and told her it was for her to NOT clean my clubs. I said I am a new member and if I got my clubs cleaned by them everyday I would be broke halfway through the season. The third time I had to get more stern and gave her the cut-off sign across my throat. She didn't touch them. She was a different girl than the other two. I feel bad, but I don't want them to attempt this every time I come to the 18th green.

Again, I understand the practice and can see how the idea of having someone clean your clubs for you when you are done makes the quality of the place seem a bit more high-end. I just wish they would ask first. Not just do it and expect a tip. I suppose, eventually they will realize that I'm that same cheap guy/member that is here all the time and will stay away.

Honestly, I have NO PROBLEM tipping, and tipping well, for services that I expect. That is my norm even though I can't really afford it. Hell, I typically tip 33% -50% at a bar or restaurant, depending on the size of the bill. I just feel tipping is justified only for services you ask for or need done. I guess what frustrates me most is that I look like a cheap bastard when I tell them not to clean my clubs when, in fact, under normal tipping conditions where I expect a service, I am far from cheap.

I play over 100 rounds a year, every year. (About 125 this year.) If I let people load my bag on the cart before a round and clean my clubs at the end of a round every time I played it would cost me 1000 dollars or more extra. This game is expensive enough. As I said, I have no problem tipping when playing at a resort or upscale course. But I don't intend to do so everyday at my home club. I play on a budget just like many of you. Tipping here and there is not a problem. Daily tipping for something I really don't need or want is not in that budget.

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:00 pm

New Year's newbies at the gym. Such an embarrassment to us all. I am all for fitness but anyone who tries to use the passing of a new year as a motivation to go the gym should be ashamed. New gym members are bad enough with their lousy understanding of basic etiquette but when they all come flooding in together circa January 1, it becomes a complete comedy of errors.
A golfball wizard's
got such a supple wrist-cock

Coda1850

Post by Coda1850 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:45 pm

Man, what the fuck. Saran wrap that doesn't stick? That's your 1 fucking job, stick. I'M TRYING TO BRING SOUP TO WORK IN A BOWL, STICK TO MY BOWL...

Now I have to make sure soup doesn't spill in my car while I drive to work.

Mark unread?

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:26 pm

Coda1850 wrote:Man, what the fuck. Saran wrap that doesn't stick? That's your 1 fucking job, stick. I'M TRYING TO BRING SOUP TO WORK IN A BOWL, STICK TO MY BOWL...
I know this is not an appropriate response but you probably compromised the seal bro. The rim of the bowl was probably not dry when you applied the wrap. :?
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:45 pm

DougE wrote:Not sure if this post belongs on this thread, since it seems to be for everything NOT related to golf but, this one ticks me off a little. I apologize in advance for my long-winded diatribe.
Douge just want to say that it's a beyond reasonable diatribe. What you describe is a literal farce. It could be played out on a stage or a sitcom and people would laugh. Tipping is not appropriate in an intelligent society which believe it or not is what we are supposedly.
A golfball wizard's

Coda1850

Post by Coda1850 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:32 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Coda1850 wrote:Man, what the fuck. Saran wrap that doesn't stick? That's your 1 fucking job, stick. I'M TRYING TO BRING SOUP TO WORK IN A BOWL, STICK TO MY BOWL...
I know this is not an appropriate response but you probably compromised the seal bro. The rim of the bowl was probably not dry when you applied the wrap. :?
Uhhhh, I used the cover of the pot as a shield so no drip-age would occur. Clean fucking transfer my man. Just sayin'.

-----

How 'bout this one. My sneaky shit of a cat stole my wedding ring. Gone! Prick took it off the table then played with it. Batting it around the dining room & living room. I looked last night but couldn't find it. I guess we find out today & tomorrow when I turn the place upside down if it's gone.

No ring, does this mean I'm single now?

Mark unread?

srogers13

Post by srogers13 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:39 pm

Coda1850 wrote:No ring, does this mean I'm single now?
If not now, probably soon.
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:03 pm

Coda1850 wrote:How 'bout this one. My sneaky shit of a cat stole my wedding ring. Gone! Prick took it off the table then played with it. Batting it around the dining room & living room. I looked last night but couldn't find it. I guess we find out today & tomorrow when I turn the place upside down if it's gone.
Probably doesn't like you since you started chipping balls at him.
A golfball wizard's

Coda1850

Post by Coda1850 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:15 pm

Coda1850 wrote:How 'bout this one. My sneaky shit of a cat stole my wedding ring. Gone! Prick took it off the table then played with it. Batting it around the dining room & living room. I looked last night but couldn't find it. I guess we find out today & tomorrow when I turn the place upside down if it's gone.

No ring, does this mean I'm single now?
So to keep it short. I'm a dip-shit. The ring was on the table under some mail. The cat has taken it off the table in the past but didn't this time.

"I was all over him like Manitowoc county on Stephen Avery" har-har har

Mark unread?

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:27 pm

Why was your ring off? At the club?

MattF

Post by MattF » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:15 am

Duke of Hazards wrote:Why was your ring off? At the club?
With a fist full of $1 bills. :lol: