Xmas '15

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Xmas '15

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:00 pm

Driving to the airport earlier today, I was thinking about this board. I am, I realized, actually glad for this board and the people on it. Sweet, as Eric Cartman would say.

Here's to your respective holidays not sucking. Dang I should write for greeting cards. Through happenstance this year, like a prepubescent Macaulay Culkin I am spending x-mas day all alone for the first time ever. I feel like Matt Damon in the Martian. Don't cry for me though, that movie kicked ass. Plus I have Ringo here, and on Saturday I'm flying to Las Vegas, meet my family for my mom's 70th birthday.
Build a bridge and get over it.

legitimatebeef

Re: Xmas '15

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:02 pm

Tomorrow I'm gonna hit some bawlz at the Korean driving range in Queens. Weather is going to be ass-poundingly good tomorrow. Today I hit balls in a t-shirt, and sweated. Had to be a high temp record, it really felt like late-May type weather. Warm and steamy.

MattF

Post by MattF » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:33 am

Merry Christmas to you all!

Beef, thanks for creating this board, where we can call a spade a shovel and not get in the shit for it.

All the best for 2016.
Throw me another ball will ya!

DougE

Post by DougE » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:56 am

Beef, though I may have missed it somewhere else on these boards, I hope the hell you will get to play some Vegas golf while you are there. I hope to get back there myself one of these days. Great golf area.

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:29 am

legitimatebeef wrote: ...on Saturday I'm flying to Las Vegas, meet my family for my mom's 70th birthday.
Don't get into too much trouble, either while you are alone, roaming NYC or in Vegas.

I intend to try golf sometime on Saturday/Sunday. No snow, just a bit of rain. Christmas eve was perfect for golf (50 degrees and sunny) but I didn't have the guts to suggest to Mrs. Kuehn that since all the shopping was done and we weren't due at her brother's until 4pm and all MY stuff was wrapped and ....

I did note that several others didn't have the same hesitance. :thumbup:
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

Coda1850

Post by Coda1850 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:13 pm

Merry, Merry all. Special thanks to Beef for this forum.

I'm teeing it up tomorrow, last round of 2015.
The weather has been great this winter but it was last year @ this time too. I'm still sceptical of Jan/Feb. Chill the fuck out Jan/Feb - I got my eye on you.
Low Round: 83, +11 Green Hill - 09/15/14
Low Round: 83, +11 Indian Meadows - 09/12/15

Mark unread?

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:42 pm

MattF wrote:Merry Christmas to you all!

Beef, thanks for creating this board, where we can call a spade a shovel and not get in the shit for it.
This is literally the best golf board out there, you know it and I know it!
DougE wrote:Beef, though I may have missed it somewhere else on these boards, I hope the hell you will get to play some Vegas golf while you are there. I hope to get back there myself one of these days. Great golf area.
bkuehn1952 wrote:Don't get into too much trouble, either while you are alone, roaming NYC or in Vegas.
Sorry I'm a disappointment, there will be no golf, no hijinks in Vegas. If you want I will blow a 20 on slots, I suck at gambling. Anyways it's freezing cold there right now. Kind of sucks to be leaving the balmy Northeast for that.
Coda1850 wrote:Merry, Merry all. Special thanks to Beef for this forum.

I'm teeing it up tomorrow, last round of 2015.
The weather has been great this winter but it was last year @ this time too. I'm still sceptical of Jan/Feb. Chill the fuck out Jan/Feb - I got my eye on you.
Who cares about February right now, it's too nice. Ten day forecast is tits. Load up while we can. Anyways it feels different than last year.

jfurr

Post by jfurr » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:33 pm

Happy Holidays to all!! It's 80 degrees and balmy humid and rainy here.
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

jfurr

Post by jfurr » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:47 pm

By the way, I got NOTHING golf related for xmas this year (which I am fine with), but I did get a really cool Black Books (my favorite British TV comedy) t-shirt done like a mock Black Flag (punk band) logo
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:29 pm

I am back from Vegas vacation. I feel like crap and need to recover. I saw Cirque du Soleil's Beatles show. Utter sacrilege. I bought the soundtrack album when it came out and really liked it, still do. But the actual show was a nightmare of interpretive dance, creepy performers and mind-numbingly literal portrayals--oh look, a woman swinging around on a rope, it's Lucy in the sky! Even though every other number featured women swinging around on ropes. It was a barrage of art direction, stage design and choreography and literally zero inspiration. But go look at the reviews and they are all superlative. The world is so vulgar and profane.

MattF

Post by MattF » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:39 pm

I saw O when we went and thought it was great, but obviously an entirely different show.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:55 pm

MattF wrote:I saw O when we went and thought it was great, but obviously an entirely different show.
So, just wondering, what did you like about it?

MattF

Post by MattF » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:26 am

The clowns and the diving. The clowns were hilarious and the diving was just wow to watch.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:26 am

Just watched Kurios (Cirque du Soleil's steampunk-themed circus show) over at Dodger Stadium. Pretty good stuff. Costumes, set design and the circus acts are top notch. They gouge you on concessions and souvenirs, but my wacky ass kid does look cool riding his skateboard with the goggles on.
Bluto did it