... about to put ______ in the video player

User avatar
jfurr
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:37 am
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby jfurr » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:13 pm

first I had to watch a (another) Paul Rudd film -- "Clueless" which was syrupy and dorky but I kind of enjoyed some of the cringe-worthy '90's scenes. The we watched "American Psycho" and had discussion afterwards. Happy Easter!
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

User avatar
MattF
Posts: 845
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:55 pm
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby MattF » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:22 am

Watched Deadpool again yesterday online...still farking funny.
Throw me another ball will ya!

User avatar
Duke of Hazards
Posts: 856
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:29 am
Location: Orange, CA
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby Duke of Hazards » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:55 am

jfurr wrote:first I had to watch a (another) Paul Rudd film -- "Clueless" which was syrupy and dorky but I kind of enjoyed some of the cringe-worthy '90's scenes. The we watched "American Psycho" and had discussion afterwards. Happy Easter!


"Look at that subtle off-white colouring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a watermark!"

Love me a good character driven film.

And Gravity, yes, can cut the tension like cold butter. Can't wait for Cuaron's next. Irritated that a couple of my friends missed the allegory, though, or having to try to explain it.

User avatar
legitimatebeef
Posts: 3442
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:34 pm
Location: island off the coast of america
dogs: 1
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby legitimatebeef » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:04 pm

Duke of Hazards wrote:Irritated that a couple of my friends missed the allegory, though, or having to try to explain it.


What allegory :?
insufficient data

User avatar
bkuehn1952
Posts: 1927
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:08 pm
Location: Momentarily Delightful Mitten
dogs: 0
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby bkuehn1952 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:56 pm

I thought I had an allegory to grass/weeds but for the past couple hay fever seasons I have been okay.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

User avatar
jasonfish11
Posts: 1998
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:27 pm
Location: Virginia Beach
dogs: 2
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby jasonfish11 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:52 am

bkuehn1952 wrote:I thought I had an allegory to grass/weeds but for the past couple hay fever seasons I have been okay.


I thought most allegories had to do with caves not grass/weeds. :)
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

User avatar
jfurr
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:37 am
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby jfurr » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:34 pm

Just saw Everybody Wants Some at the theatre - it was funny and lighthearted.
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

User avatar
srogers13
Posts: 822
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby srogers13 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:12 am

jfurr wrote:Just saw Everybody Wants Some at the theatre - it was funny and lighthearted.


How does it compare to Dazed and Confused?
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

User avatar
jfurr
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:37 am
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby jfurr » Sun May 01, 2016 5:49 pm

srogers13 wrote:
jfurr wrote:Just saw Everybody Wants Some at the theatre - it was funny and lighthearted.


How does it compare to Dazed and Confused?


Very similar, but more campy and silly. D&C is more clever whereas this movie is more ridiculous. I recommend it if you are a fan of that kind of stuff.

Has anybody checked out the Mike Judge movie Extract I keep recommending?
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

User avatar
Coda1850
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:17 pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby Coda1850 » Mon May 02, 2016 7:13 pm

I liked Extract but can't remember parts of it. Just that Bateman & Kunis are in it.
Low Round: 83, +11 Green Hill - 09/15/14
Low Round: 83, +11 Indian Meadows - 09/12/15

Mark unread?

User avatar
Duke of Hazards
Posts: 856
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:29 am
Location: Orange, CA
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby Duke of Hazards » Tue May 03, 2016 2:25 am

jfurr wrote:
srogers13 wrote:
jfurr wrote:Just saw Everybody Wants Some at the theatre - it was funny and lighthearted.


How does it compare to Dazed and Confused?


Very similar, but more campy and silly. D&C is more clever whereas this movie is more ridiculous. I recommend it if you are a fan of that kind of stuff.

Has anybody checked out the Mike Judge movie Extract I keep recommending?


So I had an extra 90 min and watched Extract. Solid stuff. Love Bateman, have ever since o.g. Arrested Dev, one of my top 3 shows all time. Can't believe I've never heard of that movie.

User avatar
legitimatebeef
Posts: 3442
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:34 pm
Location: island off the coast of america
dogs: 1
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby legitimatebeef » Tue May 03, 2016 3:55 pm

Any Noam Chomsky fans in here? I watched "Requiem for the American Dream" and now getting familiar with his other work. That guys knows some shit. Sees things for what they are. Sees through the LIES. That's what we need more than anything. Is to cut through the LIES.
insufficient data

User avatar
jfurr
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:37 am
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby jfurr » Wed May 04, 2016 9:12 pm

Just saw Blue Velvet at the Nickelodeon big screen for the 30th anniversary -- first time not seeing it on VHS tape.
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

User avatar
jfurr
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:37 am
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby jfurr » Wed May 11, 2016 9:00 pm

Just rented Paul on Apple TV because can't find it on Netflix and I can't get it to stream. Dammit. A Pegg and Frost film I've been wanting to see a while.
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

User avatar
Coda1850
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:17 pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby Coda1850 » Thu May 12, 2016 9:17 am

jfurr wrote:Just rented Paul on Apple TV because can't find it on Netflix and I can't get it to stream. Dammit. A Pegg and Frost film I've been wanting to see a while.


Pretty sure I got it from Netflix, disc maybe?
Anyway - didn't like it...
Low Round: 83, +11 Green Hill - 09/15/14
Low Round: 83, +11 Indian Meadows - 09/12/15

Mark unread?

User avatar
jfurr
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:37 am
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby jfurr » Thu May 12, 2016 11:37 am

Yeah it was too silly. Rogan gets on my nerves but I loved the rest of the cast.
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

User avatar
Coda1850
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:17 pm
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby Coda1850 » Thu May 19, 2016 7:36 pm

The Revenant was too long. Also, it goes Hardy > the bear > DiCaprio.
Low Round: 83, +11 Green Hill - 09/15/14
Low Round: 83, +11 Indian Meadows - 09/12/15

Mark unread?

User avatar
legitimatebeef
Posts: 3442
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:34 pm
Location: island off the coast of america
dogs: 1
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby legitimatebeef » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:53 pm

I watched the first few episodes of Silicon Valley on HBO on demand. As a Mike Judge fan I had to check it out. It's a good story and some really funny scenes so far. Some really funny characters and actors. Highly recommend.
insufficient data

User avatar
legitimatebeef
Posts: 3442
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:34 pm
Location: island off the coast of america
dogs: 1
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby legitimatebeef » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:34 pm

Jfurr check out Silicon Valley if haven't already. You like that TJ Miller guy right, he's in it. It is one of Mike Judge best work goddamnit :school
insufficient data

User avatar
jfurr
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:37 am
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby jfurr » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:58 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:Jfurr check out Silicon Valley if haven't already. You like that TJ Miller guy right, he's in it. It is one of Mike Judge best work goddamnit :school


I have been wanting to - got no cable so gotta figure out the way to get a stream. Maybe the older season(s) are on Netflix.
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

User avatar
legitimatebeef
Posts: 3442
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:34 pm
Location: island off the coast of america
dogs: 1
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby legitimatebeef » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:05 am

jfurr wrote:
legitimatebeef wrote:Jfurr check out Silicon Valley if haven't already. You like that TJ Miller guy right, he's in it. It is one of Mike Judge best work goddamnit :school


I have been wanting to - got no cable so gotta figure out the way to get a stream. Maybe the older season(s) are on Netflix.


https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/s ... d849050573

There's always that, $20/season. Kind of a lot but I say its a very good series and you would like it.
insufficient data

User avatar
jfurr
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:37 am
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby jfurr » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:07 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
jfurr wrote:
legitimatebeef wrote:Jfurr check out Silicon Valley if haven't already. You like that TJ Miller guy right, he's in it. It is one of Mike Judge best work goddamnit :school


I have been wanting to - got no cable so gotta figure out the way to get a stream. Maybe the older season(s) are on Netflix.


https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/s ... d849050573

There's always that, $20/season. Kind of a lot but I say its a very good series and you would like it.


Oh cool. I'll do that. That's not bad.

My wife just started on The Office (US) again with episode 1 tonite...
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

User avatar
Duke of Hazards
Posts: 856
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:29 am
Location: Orange, CA
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby Duke of Hazards » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:06 pm

Watching Twin Peaks, on S2E6

User avatar
jfurr
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:37 am
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby jfurr » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:21 pm

Duke of Hazards wrote:Watching Twin Peaks, on S2E6


Wow, Bob, Wow
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

User avatar
jfurr
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:37 am
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: ... about to put ______ in the video player

Postby jfurr » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:22 pm

I have two episodes left in the Stranger Things series.... I am enjoying it
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm


Return to “The Other Forum (anything)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests