What did you shoot today?

bkuehn1952.2

What did you shoot today?

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

I was even par. Did not play. Family in town and weather.
legitimatebeef

Re: What did you shoot today?

Post by legitimatebeef »

Ms Beef had a hankering to play so I obliged. I played alright, +2 including a birdie, which was also a lipped out eagle putt. Unfortunately that was for just six holes. I got disgusted at the two Santa Barbara bros we were paired with and walked off the 7th hole. All afternoon we were waiting on the group ahead. The bros were decent ballstrikers, but they had just had a bad hole, and were getting pissy and started playing out of turn, being deeply inconsiderate toward us, as if we are to blame for the slow play. Before walking off, I drove up and confronted the guy about playing out of turn. At first I just said they are welcome to play on as a two, and we'll hang back, since they're in such a rush. Oh no, they protest, acknowledging that there's nowhere to go on account of the group ahead, and the guy actually apologizes for playing out of turn. But then two seconds later they go right back to doing it. When you play out of turn, you leave people behind and if you want them to catch up, you would have to stop playing out of turn. But instead of letting us catch up, they go on playing out of turn. So I snapped. Not in a rage, but simply picked up our balls near the green, looked the bro closest to me in the eye and said WE'RE LEAVING. Looking back, that was a good economy of words. A few years ago a less manly version of myself would probably give in to the urge to get back at em with something snarky, or passive aggressive or say anything even. WE'RE LEAVING is nice and curt, with a pretty mean and nasty implication.

I am thankful for my different circumstances. Back in the city I had to trek for an hour or more just to get to the course. So when I was there, I did not take it very well whenever people fucked up my shit. But now if a round gets spoiled by um, people I don't like, I can just throw my hands up and leave. Feels good actually, sort of a power move. I think I will keep this approach going forward. The golf is so cheap here, and like I give a shit about completing rounds nowadays. Storming off the course mid-round, while playing decent golf, just because someone somewhere is being a douche, maybe that can be my trademark.
MattF

Post by MattF »

Played yesterday with a mate at our course, Windmill Lakes. We played from the blue tees at 6504 yards, shot 39/42 81. Considering where my game was headed, I am thrilled with the way I played.

I think the work with the ST+ is starting to pay off.
MattF

Post by MattF »

We got rained out yesterday. 45 on the front because of a couple of dumb mistakes.

Hit a driver 279 on #15, then the rain came down in biblical proportions.
bkuehn1952.2

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

Had a good playing my home course. Longer than normal for my typical course at 6,222 yards. 77 for a 6.1 differential. Happy.
MattF

Post by MattF »

Played with a mate at Rawiga Golf Club in Seville, OH yesterday morning.

43/45 88 at 6300 odd yards. Not good but not overly bad either. My newer swing helped get me 50% of the fairways but left me short with the wedges.
MattF

Post by MattF »

Back to Windmill playing the blues at 6403 yards. 46/42 88. Not good but not bad for a 14 capper. I hit some great shots and obs also some really bad ones.
MattF

Post by MattF »

Played Windmill again yesterday. 41/39 80 it was wet from overnight rain but I played in 2 hours 35 minutes and was the first one out. The next group behind me allegedly plays fast and as I was going off 11 they were coming up 9. Never saw anyone else on the back.
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

Impromptu 40 (+4) at Soule Park GC today. Triple digit temps this week thinned out the crowds just a little bit, so I snuck out at mid-day. I didn't really want to do it but I know that I need to work on bringing the range to the course. 3 pars, 2 bogeys, 2 doubles, 2 birdies, kind of a mess. It felt like work alright. I am glad to get out of there.
MattF

Post by MattF »

Good to see you playing mate.

I played with a group of friends Sunday at Raintree in Uniontown OH and it was pretty ugly. 49/46 95 in soggy conditions. A lot of bad shots were hit, as well as a couple of good ones.