What did you shoot today?

bkuehn1952.2

Re: What did you shoot today?

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

82, playing preferred lies through the green and in sand bunkers. 32 (f) degrees with a 17-20 mph breeze made it a tad uncomfortable for the first three holes. Then I warmed up and found the stroll very pleasant.
GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY »

For whatever reason today seemed better even the score was just average (81/+9/9.4) and the beneficiary of several long made putts. I think I just had a better mindset. It rained hard overnight so the course was mushy and the wind was +20 mph, so anything close to normal wasn't too bad. Plus played the last three holes by memory - it was so foggy you couldn't see the fairway from the tee or the green from the fairway. Parred all three though with some of my best shots of the day (and another long putt made on #18).
CeeBee

Post by CeeBee »

Nice job bogey.
GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY »

Another so so round yesterday, 80/+3/8.6 that was a prime example of my recent woes. Had a nice front nine where I was +3 despite throwing two stokes away by being too aggressive - I can't seem to understand that aggressive play doesn't work there. Then went +5 over four holes that included two wild pulls out of nowhere and two mystery irons. The first mystery iron was a 125 yard shot into the wind - the rock solid 9i should carry 135 without any wind, but mysteriously went 140 over the back of the green. A few holes later another mystery wedge went the opposite - 10+ yards short into a pond. Both holes go the same direction. Of course, I played the last 5 holes in even par. Still mystified.
bkuehn1952.2

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

At least someone is playing. We are under a winter storm warning. Barring a week of temperatures above freezing, we are done until March. :x
CeeBee

Post by CeeBee »

I’ve been out but it’s been wet, windy or both. Played today. Nothing spectacular. last Week I had what I thought would be a fine round. Started out with four birdies on the front. Made the turn at even par but the back nine was less than stellar. Still decent for this time of year.

We’ve had a ton of rain and more tonight. Possibly some snow next week.
GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY »

Well today you should be glad you're not playing. Wind was +20 MPH most of the day. Swirling like crazy. It'd be behind you and then suddenly in your face. Lost my balance on a few swings and got knocked off line on a few putts. It's windy here, but today may have been the worst I've seen.
GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY »

Better today. Amazing how much easier it is to play in 5 mph wind versus +20 mph. Played in +/- 50 degrees. +5 over 9 holes. Several really good shots. Three really bad shots cost 3-4 strokes, but two of those are easily correctible. Feel positive, but unfortunately probably away from golf for several weeks now.
GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY »

Geez - isn't anyone else playing out there?

Continuing to sort of blog my rounds as I try to work my way back into being a player I was two years ago. YOYO weekend - Only Sunday mattered:

Friday - Crappy start - 6 bogeys in first 8 holes with two three putts. Saved #9, then caught fire with 8 straight GIRS, including 5 really good looks at birdie. None fell. Then after a great drive on a really hard #18, put a sloppy 7i into the hazard for a good not great 80.

Saturday - opposite of Friday - really solid start +2 after 8 holes, could easily have been even. Then the wheels totally fell off - couldn't hit any sort of shot - +10 over seven holes, then decent finish out of nowhere for a poor 85.

Sunday - BUCKET LIST DAY - a buddy came up with a reasonable guest rate for The Ocean Course and I decided upon an early Birthday present. My back wasn't feeling great after previous two days, but got to go for it. Had maybe the best caddie I've ever had - kept saying "aim here" and I'd say "really?" His response was "trust me, this is my day job." Didn't steer me wrong and somehow my back found lots of fairways (they were wider than expected) and my iron game / putting was rock solid, 78. Easily my best bucket list course round. Full disclosure, wind was mild for this area, probably only a club into it. Maybe more importantly, the wind seemed to be directly into us or directly behind us all day - much easier than the swirling stuff at my course.
CeeBee

Post by CeeBee »

I’m playing pretty regular here in Delaware. Been wet and breezy quite often. My home course is soggy and that results in very little roll out if at all.

My average score seems to hover around 82-84. Shot a decent 78 yesterday with two birds. Considering a ball in the water on 16 and a drive into the trees on 18 I’ll take it.