What did you shoot today?

legitimatebeef

Re: What did you shoot today?

Post by legitimatebeef »

To Oz? I had a friend in NYC from Melbourne, he would travel back once a year. Needed a whole day to recover from the trip.
MattF

Post by MattF »

legitimatebeef wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:10 pm To Oz? I had a friend in NYC from Melbourne, he would travel back once a year. Needed a whole day to recover from the trip.
Yep. I haven't been home for 15 years. Marriage, mortgage and a child ate any money we would have had for trips.

We get back here at 8.30 on a Saturday night, so I think we'll be OK.
GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY »

84, which was borderline to be called mediocre. Tough conditions as it was super windy, maybe about as windy as I’ve played in here. Two of my best struck irons missed as you saw the ball change direction in midair. Three miserable stats stand out:
1. 4 DB’s - one bad drive, two bad sand shots (out of six), and a three putt that shouldn’t have been but I was too put out to walk off the putt.
2. +4 on the par 5’s - how can you play top golf with par 5 performance like that.
3. 0 birdies - 5 really good looks, two lips out, just wouldn’t go down.
bkuehn1952.2

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

About a week ago I flirted with shooting my age. Par 72 course and I was -1 through 16 holes. Managed to bogey both closing holes (where is the hand slapping the face emoji when I need it???). Ordinarily, a 73 would make me very happy, but not this time.

I was back at the scene of my crime yesterday. Started off well, hit a rocky patch a few times and found myself on #17 needing to go bogey/par to break 80. A small amount of revenge ... I went bogey birdie for a 78. I felt a bit better walking off the green at 18 than a week ago despite the score differences.