Joe Jones

DougE

Joe Jones

Post by DougE » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:17 am

I was snooping around on Oob this morning and saw this bit of info written by Joe.

To my friends that are still out there.After my second spinal fusion, another knee operation, a shoulder re-construction and recovering from a kidney shut down ( renal failure ) I am recovering slowly. I haven't struck a golf ball in anger or any other way for almost 2 years. I think I can finally look forward to playing again without fear of falling over. In a way I can feel sorry for Tiger and his back problems Oh on second thought he has millions and is half my age so I guess I just wish I had his youth if nothing else. I will probably be relagated to playing with my fellow 80 year old's on one of our executive courses.. Golfers are a hearty bunch. As long as we can breath we will try to play. As long as we are looking down at the grass and not up it can't be all bad.

Happy to hear he is okay. I noticed that BK responded to him, but since BK kept it a secret (or maybe I just missed it if he posted it somewhere else), I'd let everyone know that it seems like Joe is doing okay, after a rough go. Now BK, I propose you go over there and drag him over here. You have that special way with people. :heybaby

jfurr

Re: Joe Jones

Post by jfurr » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:35 pm

Good ol' Joe. Thanks for the update.
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:23 am

DougE wrote:... I noticed that BK responded to him, but since BK kept it a secret (or maybe I just missed it if he posted it somewhere else), I'd let everyone know that it seems like Joe is doing okay, after a rough go. Now BK, I propose you go over there and drag him over here. You have that special way with people. :heybaby
Joe and I did discuss the blogging scene when he resurfaced a while back. He knows about LG but I don't expect to hear from him on this site.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

j f jones
dogs: 1

Post by j f jones » Mon May 01, 2017 6:54 pm

With Doug E's nudging I finally joined up.If my past history will show once get going I probably will not shut up. i''m not the old man who sits on his porch and shouts get get off my lawn I do look at sports from a senior point of view. I have no idea who the latest bands are. I also rarely go to the movie's.When it comes to sports I have been accused of knowing a little bit about every thing. Thanks to every one, Question. : can I write columns like I used too on Oob. Any help would be welcome.

jfurr

Post by jfurr » Mon May 01, 2017 9:44 pm

j f jones wrote:With Doug E's nudging I finally joined up.If my past history will show once get going I probably will not shut up. i''m not the old man who sits on his porch and shouts get get off my lawn I do look at sports from a senior point of view. I have no idea who the latest bands are. I also rarely go to the movie's.When it comes to sports I have been accused of knowing a little bit about every thing. Thanks to every one, Question. : can I write columns like I used too on Oob. Any help would be welcome.
LOL! awesome introduction Joe. We are welcome to have you here to contribute (chat) about whatever you want. There really isn't a "column" section - but feel free to start your own topic / thread and just share what you want to.

Really happy to hear from you!
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

sjduffers

Post by sjduffers » Tue May 02, 2017 12:54 am

^^^ Ditto this. Welcome Joe! Looking forward to your stories and humor.
I'm gonna go low this time...

DougE

Post by DougE » Tue May 02, 2017 7:40 am

Hey Joe. You are already way ahead here. No one else has a thread named after them at LegitimateGolf.

Looking forward to your 2 cents. Glad you are feeling a bit better.

j f jones
dogs: 1

Post by j f jones » Tue May 02, 2017 6:20 pm

Thanks for your kind response. Joe

Coda1850

Post by Coda1850 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi Joe & welcome. Hope your health continues move in the right direction!
Low Round: 83, +11 Green Hill - 09/15/14
Low Round: 83, +11 Indian Meadows - 09/12/15

Mark unread?