Cyber Stalking - Golf Forum Style

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Cyber Stalking - Golf Forum Style

Postby bkuehn1952 » Sat May 27, 2017 9:16 am

Confession time. A number of years ago, I started to casually check on a fellow oober's game now and again. I am not sure how he came to my attention but he and I seemed to have about the same game. He must have posted something in the Forums that made me go to the effort of checking his "game". He tended to play the same course and with the same partners (his father and a friend of the father, I think).

At any rate, I checked in today and he is still posting scores on oobgolf. His father and the friend ended that process years ago. In a sense, he is like me in that regard, too. I continue to post scores in SkyGolf360 but the numbers are not really useful or interesting. SkyGolf has eliminated most of the free reports and the free stats available are relatively lame (Fairway, GIR, Putts).

In a sense it made me a bit sad to think of this stranger blindly posting his weekly scores to a derelict website with no one (other than me) even remotely interested in what was going on. I may need to re-think my continued posting on SkyGolf360, lest I become like my cyber stalkee.

Okay, back to stalking my other victims! :yess
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: Cyber Stalking - Golf Forum Style

Postby legitimatebeef » Sat May 27, 2017 10:02 am

Looking over random people's scorecards is surprisingly interesting. I was snooping around some of you guys' Skygolf friends lists and found myself looking over Oob Nathan's recent results. Same old Nathan.
insufficient data

DougE

Postby DougE » Sat May 27, 2017 10:33 am

Don't worry BK, I still look at your scores on SG360.

And as far as posting my own there, I have the upgraded membership, so I get to keep track of a lot more stats. I am just too lazy most days to put them all in. I also like to sum up the round in the "notes' portion. I know it's corny, but I enjoy going back later on and reading about the round I had that day. I find it interesting to revisit my notes, sometimes months or years later. More often than not, I get a kick out of my entries, thinking, "if I only knew then what I know now...."

srogers13

Postby srogers13 » Sat May 27, 2017 4:48 pm

I still post on skygolf, but I alo have a skycaddie, so no extra charge. My spectacles are not condusive for using a laser.
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

jfurr

Postby jfurr » Sat May 27, 2017 6:14 pm

I've been forgetting to post on SG360. I post on another weird site which is what my buddy trip guys use for handicapping. I need to go backfill about 6 or 10 rounds on sky golf
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

jattruia

Postby jattruia » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:27 am

I always enjoyed peeking in on other 'friends' scores; nice to see how people with a similar game score round to round. It's also humbling seeing the progress of some when your own game gets stagnant.

On the other hand, sometime checking in on those who talk a big game and seeing how they actually shoot can be eye opening. I've probably checked on most here, but generally stick to those around my same skill level. We're all in this together right? I'm happy to root you guys on from a distance.

srogers13

Postby srogers13 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:11 pm

By the way, jattruia, when are we going to play again?

jattruia

Postby jattruia » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:38 pm

Hey, i'm not sure. What are you thinking? I have RTJ passes again so i'm willing to get back out. I want to play the lakes course again.

srogers13

Postby srogers13 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:55 pm

Just let me know what weekend, and I can make tee times two weeks out. And if you want to brave a trip to Birmingham, I can play Ross Bridge for free on a non Saturday or Friday. And I do want to make the trip to the ATL sometime to play.

DougE

Postby DougE » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:15 am

WTF. Got an email this morning from Oobgolf directing me to 4 forum threads in which new content replies were posted. All spam. Then I happen to notice this message at the top of the page:

oobgolf is merging with skygolf 360!

We're excited to announce that oobgolf is officially merging with SkyGolf 360 on July 20th 2017. You can transfer your scores and stats to SkyGolf 360 so you don't miss a beat this golf season! To start the transfer process, please click here.

For a limited time, you can receive a risk-free 14-day trial of SkyCaddie Mobile. For more info, please click here.

Didn't this happen two years ago?

I hope the hell SG360 does some major policing of spam once this is official. New oob content over the last couple years has been pretty much all spam.

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Postby legitimatebeef » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:48 pm

I assumed the oob had been overtaken by a Vietnamese cabal.
insufficient data

Return to “The Other Forum (anything)”