ebay

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

ebay

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:39 pm

Any 'bayers out there? I have been running my ass ragged on that stupid site lately, selling off a bunch of stuff I don't need anymore. Their fees are sort of steep, but they offer a great convenience. What's the alternative? Advertise your stuff on craigslist, then deal with a bunch of weirdos and try to set up face-to-face meetings with them :facepalm No thanks. You deal with the weirdos, let me ship the goods to them, charge me 10% of the sale, fine.

I'll sell anything. Lately I cleared out a bunch of drum and percussion gear. A couple of these were sold via best offer to buyers in Puerto Rico :breaking I shipped them out along with "best wishes from 'Nuyorica'" :puke Makes me glad that someone on a storm-ravaged island now has my old bongos to help them through the dark desolate nights. In that sense we are doing something more than just pawning off our old stuff. You could say that eBay is a website with the power to connect people in a way that a Facebook or an Instacrap could only wet-dream about. :ohyeah

I have a couple of nice jeans that are still new but no longer fit around my massive quads. I managed to sell a pair today! Got 35 bux. After fees I take home $30.50. Really not bad, wasn't expecting someone to pay that much for a pair of pants on the secondhand market. The other pair is still up for sale, they are size 32x34. Check it out folks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/J-Crew-Mens-Ka ... SwrslaV8pU
A golfball wizard's
got such a supple wrist-cock

Duke of Hazards

Re: ebay

Post by Duke of Hazards » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:52 pm

What do you have against Cheesecake Factory?

DougE

Post by DougE » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:28 pm

I buy and sell a lot of stuff on there. When it comes to golf stuff, I think I sell a lot more equipment than I buy. But, I tend to buy a lot of golf accessories off Ebay. (Tees, towels, clubmaking supplies and tools, etc.) You can always find that sort of thing much cheaper than retail. Plus, unless it comes from your state, there is no sales tax (or reporting of your transaction to your state), and you can more often than not find free shipping included.

I have bought some barely used clubs from very reputable sellers on Ebay, after first trying the exact same model and shaft out at a Titleist Thursdays fitting. I have bought used, mint ProV1s in the past from golfballs.com through Ebay too. When wanting to try a different shaft in a club, I will research online what I think will be right for me, then find it on Ebay for a great price and purchase it there. If I find I don't like it, I just put it right back on Ebay. I tried a Cobra Driver last year for the hell of it after doing some research, just to compare to my Titleist 915 I had at the time, before I moved to the 917. I hated the driver, put it back on Ebay and ended up selling it for a few bucks more than I bought it for.

I sell golf balls from my ball-hawking stash by the dozen, when I find a dozen good ones of the same mid level or Tour level model. (I don't bother selling Pinnacles and the like.)

I have sold many old clubs. Once I buy a new model of club, the model it is replacing goes into my backup bag. The club that gets bumped from the backup bag then gets sold on Ebay. I have sold my Titleist 910 and 913 drivers, a set of Titleist 755 forged irons, a bunch of Titleist hybrids and fairway woods too. At some point soon, I'll be listing a Titleist 913H 19* hybrid. I play an 816 now, but am moving to the 818 version this season. The 816 will bump the 913 from the backup bag.

All in all, I have had very good experience using Ebay for both buying and selling. But I always check the sellers history if I'm buying. I have a 100% rating, but I only have about 260 transactions over the years.

DougE

Post by DougE » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:45 pm

I bought a new red Scotty Cameron XL Matador putter grip today on Ebay to replace the white one I have on my Newport 2 Studio Select now. It's pretty beat up on the end from forcing it down into my bag when things happen to be all clogged up with other grips at the bottom. And the white color never looks white anymore, no matter how much I scrub the grip. These grips are for sale on the Scotty Cameron website at $37. But, they are out of stock there. On Ebay, there are people trying to sell this same grip for 60-80 dollars....or more. I found this one on Ebay through a reputable Titleist dealer for $37. No tax, free shipping. Last time I bought one of these, I purchased it directly through Scotty Cameron at $37, but for some reason they charged tax (which I don't think they should have since they don't have a retail outlet in MD), plus 13 dollars shipping. It was over 50 bucks. This time, 37, total. Exact same grip (which is actually made for them by Winn.)

jfurr

Post by jfurr » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:56 pm

Been using that site for years but now for music buy and sell I use Reverb.com -- it's like eBay but only music gear. Always good experience.
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:04 pm

I've bought pretty much every golf related thing (irons, rangefinder, grips, balls, gloves) on eBay, with the exception of my current driver, which I bought on the BST section of GolfWRX

MattF

Post by MattF » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:03 am

I use Ebay quite a bit buying car parts and odds and ends. I just bought a Cleveland Smart Sole S with a graphite wedge shaft, brand new for $70.
Throw me another ball will ya!

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:35 am

So I'm not the only weirdo, thank God. Listen, it's a lot better for the world if we find new homes for all our unwanted-but-still-useful crap, instead of continually throwing it out to the landfill. Humanity will bury itself under a heap of plastic, and Amazon boxes :onfire
A golfball wizard's
got such a supple wrist-cock