2021 PGA TOUR

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Re: 2021 PGA TOUR

Post by bkuehn1952 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:08 pm

Morikawa could do no wrong today. He seemed to make every putt, but maybe I wasn't watching closely enough. Next stop, the Olympics. Right now it looks great that he qualified for the USA team.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:01 pm

The PGA TOUR is practically in my backyard this week. I won't be attending.
Build a bridge and get over it.

GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:21 pm

Was watching some today and realized I'm pulling against Cantly to win the Tour Championship. Nothing against the guy - seems really nice except for his slow play. But I feel the current system is a little too stacked in the leader's favor, so I'm pulling for a non-leader.

DougE

Post by DougE » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:45 pm

Funny, I watched Cantlay on an edition of Playing Lessons with Bones Mackay (as the interviewer) not too long ago and realized he's a pretty cool guy. Then after watching him last week where he showed me his grit and determination, along with that understated style of play, I found myself really pulling hard for him. I am now a big fan of his. Not because he is a full Titleist Ambassador, but because he's a class act in my book.

And, by the way, his own opinion is that the "head start" score the highest rated players are awarded to begin the tourney with is not really fair. (-10 for him.) Yet, those are the rules. He didn't make them and doesn't agree with them.

I've been reading a lot about Patrick over the past few weeks. If I can ever get back to being a somewhat competitive player again, Patrick is the guy I want to emulate going forward.

GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:41 pm

I agree he seems to be a good guy and he won lots of fans last weekend. But he can play sloooow.

DougE

Post by DougE » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:00 pm

Maybe playing alongside Bryson, a notoriously slow player, it was hard to tell that Patrick was slow. He certainly isn't J.B. Holmes-slow.

jfurr

Post by jfurr » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:49 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:43 pm
Interesting tidbit I came across while reading about US Open qualifying. @jfurr

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/31 ... inch-spots

Wilson Furr made it to his first U.S. Open when he least expected it. He played poorly while trying to qualify for the PGA Tour event this week at Congaree in South Carolina. He was an alternate for the U.S. Open qualifier at Long Cove Club in Hilton Head and thought about not even showing up. It was a good thing he did. Four players withdrew, and Furr had a tee time.

@jfurr Is this guy related to you? In any case, congrats to @wfurr
No relation... never heard of em.

I will say though that the lady who won the US Women's Am title, Jensen Castle, I have played golf with many times at my old Charwood course, where her family used to live. She played golf every day. Every day. Her dad was her coach, very down to earth folks. Glad to see her reaching success.
Everything Sucks

DougE

Re: 2021 PGA TOUR RYDER CUP

Post by DougE » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:57 am

Great day in Wisconsin yesterday. US was just too much for Europe. Of course Rahm was the exception. He's as good as they get.

I watched from 8am to 8pm with the exception of when I had to go run errands and to the chiropractor, but I listened on Sirius PGA Tour Radio in the car. I had plans to do so many other things, but I just couldn't pull myself away from the TV. I had it playing on 4 different TVs in the house, just so I could go from room to room without missing a shot. I really wish the US could bury them quickly today so I can get something else accomplished!

Hope you all get a chance to tune in this weekend. After day 1, the Europeans have their hands even fuller than they did before things started. And, they have a great team.

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:03 am

Missed most of the action. Played golf, yard work, nap ... so many important things to do.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:57 pm

I want out of golf fandom.
Build a bridge and get over it.