FIGJAM in the Booth

srogers13

FIGJAM in the Booth

Post by srogers13 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:42 pm

Is FIGJAM (aka Mickleson, aka Fuck I'm Great Just Ask Me) auditioning for a future booth assignment today, for as long as he is calling action? :school :geek:
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Re: FIGJAM in the Booth

Post by bkuehn1952 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:10 am

I missed this. Was he okay or terrible?
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

sjduffers

Post by sjduffers » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:54 pm

bkuehn1952 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:10 am
I missed this. Was he okay or terrible?
He was more than okay , IMHO. He gave some good insights and was funny as well. I thought he would be as good as Faldo and probably better than Johnny Miller in the booth, after he stops competition. Ways above DL3, who tried and quit after just a few weeks (although he was on course , not in the booth).
I'm gonna go low this time...

DougE
dogs: 1

Post by DougE » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:19 am

I was pleasantly surprised at how good and natural Phil sounded. He gave great insight into every shot. It didn't hurt that he was actually out there playing the course himself shortly beforehand. He totally understood and explained exactly what each player was dealing with with nearly every shot on camera. I vote to bring him back in that capacity again. :up

DougE

Post by DougE » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:43 pm

Thought this was a fun video montage of Phil you might enjoy (for those who haven't seen it).

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:48 am

I just watched it. Thanks. Phil comes across as a pretty decent guy. I really liked how he interrupted the litany of Tiger accomplishments. Even Tiger thought that was funny.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

DougE

Post by DougE » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:28 pm

I'm just happy to see you are still checking in here, BK. I'm glad you enjoyed the video. I too, thought Phil's response to the Tiger intro was one of the best ever.

I've been losing faith in most everyone here to visit and post any golf content on these forums other than our fearless leader, who is still sticking it out. But, I expect that from Beef. He owns the place. So it's truly good to hear from you, Brian. I have really become bummed out by the lack of interest and participation here, but my hopes were raised when I saw you hadn't completely given up on us. Stick around, will you, please?

Unfortunately, clicking on this site has been a bust lately. I would have posted more content myself here, but it seems like no one is stopping in to read it. Besides, of the few guys who do actually stop in here once in a blue moon, I suspect most are sick of hearing from me by now. So I just wait....and wait...for someone else to post something golf-related of which I can dive in, offer an opinion, a different perspective, maybe some advice or simply my 2 cents. Thankfully, I have found many other, more active golf forums to keep me occupied while on the disabled list, but none warm my heart or give me a feeling of satisfaction as much as this place could if it were more busy.

Either way, until Beef shuts us down, I'll be checking in everyday and posting when I have something of which I think might be of interest to others. Hope to see you here again more often, Brian. Hope to see everyone here more often, actually.