U.S. Amateur Championship - 2021

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

U.S. Amateur Championship - 2021

Post by bkuehn1952 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:53 am

I was unable to watch any part of the event because our power was out for almost 4 days. I did find via YouTube a condensed version of the finals broadcast. Only the actual shots were shown so the last 18 holes were less than an hour to view. It was fun watching the back & forth between two very good players. As a bonus, a Mitten-dweller, James Piat, won. He plays locally at Washtenaw Golf Club and one of my buddies plays in a "gangsome" at Washtenaw with Piat. Of course, Piat doesn't play for net standings; he just tries to drive the shorter par 4 holes and hit all the par 5's in two. Piat typically has 7-8 birdies and wins all the skins. My buddy Fritz took a selfie with Piat and the Havemeyer Trophy.
IMG_0629.JPG

I think this makes me almost, almost famous because I know a guy who is acquainted with the winner of the US Amateur. :yess
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: U.S. Amateur Championship - 2021

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:41 pm

Cool story! What happened with the electricity? Sometimes, television can be watched on a handheld mobile device.
Build a bridge and get over it.

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Re: U.S. Amateur Championship - 2021

Post by bkuehn1952 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:24 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:41 pm
Cool story! What happened with the electricity? Sometimes, television can be watched on a handheld mobile device.
A severe thunderstorm knocked out a lot of power in SE Mittenland on 8/9/2021 and then another storm came through on 812. 25% of DTE's customer base was without power. We were out from Thursday to Sunday. I was saving my phone's power for calls and updates on the power. When it got low, we would drive around. I probably could have watched via our Comcast service but it seemed wrong to rundown the phone's charge watching sports.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!