The Tiger Thread

CeeBee

Re: The Tiger Thread

Post by CeeBee » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:41 am

Tiger may be on my roster this week.

You know what I miss about baseball? The rivalry between the Sox and Yanks. Every game was compelling. Now that the Sox have a couple series under their belts it's not the same. The old days are gone. Sigh. As for jeter, he should go in the hall this year. No five year wait for him. On a side note, Pete Rose should go in too. NOBODY, no way, no how will EVER have more hits. A hitting machine.
Tee it up!

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:06 am

No way would I select Tiger as a starter. But there might be a place on the bench. Evaluate his first round and go from there.

I like the Tigers winning but we don't really have a team we savor beating in the same way Boston/NY do. We need the White Sox or Indians to start a brawl and then follow it up with some incessant trash talking and competitive play.

Finally, I would vote to put Pete Rose in the Hall after he passes away or possibly if he reaches age 90 or something like that. He stills seems to be an unrepentant slim ball.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

Coda1850

Post by Coda1850 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:49 am

legitimategolf wrote:Good to see a confident Tiger Woods going into the Masters. Who knows, it'll probably all come apart come gametime but at this moment, it seems like there is hope.
giggling.
Hope, despair. What's the diff.?

I'm glad (@ least @ this point) he's gonna play. I am confident (as are you beef) he will miss the cut.
Can I get you to flip flop on your prediction?

Edited to add this yahoo article I just came across:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devi ... 31149.html

"It's been more than a year since he finished inside the top 10 in any tournament, a span in which he's withdrawn three times and missed the cut in another three."
Low Round: 83, +11 Green Hill - 09/15/14
Low Round: 83, +11 Indian Meadows - 09/12/15

Mark unread?

bryan k

Post by bryan k » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:39 pm

CeeBee wrote:Tiger may be on my roster this week.

You know what I miss about baseball? The rivalry between the Sox and Yanks. Every game was compelling. Now that the Sox have a couple series under their belts it's not the same. The old days are gone. Sigh. As for jeter, he should go in the hall this year. No five year wait for him. On a side note, Pete Rose should go in too. NOBODY, no way, no how will EVER have more hits. A hitting machine.
You know how Pete Rose got so many hits? By having more than 1,200 more outs than second place on the all time list. Of course, that second place bloke also slammed some 755 home runs.

That's three full seasons worth of outs, yet he only has 67 more hits than Ty Cobb.

legitimategolf
Site Admin

Post by legitimategolf » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:28 pm

Coda1850 wrote:Can I get you to flip flop on your prediction?
Man, this is one of those times where I just throw up my hands and go "I am just a simple fan, I sit on the couch and take in the action, I have no idea what's gonna happen." Case you didn't know, we have a little fairy tale, er sorry, fantasy golf competition going on amongst nine of us. I have been in DFL since day one. Like I say, I am about a 40-handicap fantasy golfer. I don't know jack squat about how pro golf works or whats gonna happen.

I will say that if Woods MC I'd be surprised. Looking at the Masters field, effectively it's pretty small. Arguably there are a lot of potential-major-winning players who were not invited this week. So it shouldn't be too hard for a player of Tiger Woods caliber to make the cut, considering his comfort level on this course.
Teen 'cap wasteland. It's only teen 'cap wasteland.

Coda1850

Post by Coda1850 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:57 am

Another article on Tiger. Guess the money has poured in betting on him. Odds went from 60-1 to 13-1.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devi ... 10348.html

Throwing some $ on him @ 60-1, then having him in contention Sunday would be exciting to watch but I feel like Tiger will throw up 1st & 2nd round scores of 76 & 74 or 74 & 72. Guess I got him in the +2 to +6 range & missed cut.

Sorry if it was annoying but I actually enjoy the Tiger effect in regards to The Masters.

Mark unread?

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:22 am

+2 probably wont miss the cut, unless the course plays super soft with the rain. But with the subair system they have they can dry out the greens pretty quickly.
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

Coda1850

Post by Coda1850 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:44 am

jasonfish11 wrote:+2 probably wont miss the cut, unless the course plays super soft with the rain. But with the subair system they have they can dry out the greens pretty quickly.
If Tiger's @ +2 - I'd be looking at the within 10 shot rule... like last year when ding-bat was @ -7. It'd be close under that scenario...

Never mind? I think I have the 10 shot rule a bit wrong?

Mark unread?

legitimategolf
Site Admin

Post by legitimategolf » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:51 pm

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:42 am

Shows how far Tiger has fallen. One post since April.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

legitimategolf
Site Admin

Post by legitimategolf » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:08 pm

Considering that we have about five members, maybe not the best barometer.

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:05 pm

Noticed that Ceebee has changed his sig from "Tiger will be back!" to the decidedly less optimistic "Tiger is F'n done!"

That bums me out a little.
A golfball wizard's
got such a supple wrist-cock

brianmk24

Post by brianmk24 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:55 pm

Realism FTW

CeeBee

Post by CeeBee » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:02 pm

Hung in there for awhile but he ain't got the MOJO no more.
Tee it up!

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:18 pm

I just hope Tiger doesn't get discouraged and quit. That would be the worst. As long as he keeps trying and keeps believing, there is hope. He has won 79 of these things, how hard could it be. Surely he sleepwalked through at least a few of those. Just has to get over a certain hump probably and he could start playing decent again.
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:22 pm

CeeBee wrote:Hung in there for awhile but he ain't got the MOJO no more.
No, he don't. But how can you have mojo when you been struggling so long. But that's cool, if I am the last Tiger Woods fan on earth, or even on this site, then so be it.
A golfball wizard's

jattruia

Post by jattruia » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:41 am

I'm pretty at this point Jason Day has a better chance of breaking Jacks record than Tiger.

srogers13

Post by srogers13 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:54 am

I saw tweet, if Jordan Spieth's caddie has a standard caddie deal, he has made $764,924. Tiger has made $318,998.
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:07 am

They did that same caddie pay thing for Tiger back in 2001. Steve, or Fluff, who ever was caddying for him that year would have been inside the top 5 on the PGA tour money list with what they got paid.
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:35 pm

Tiger will be back!

For reals, good to see him back in contention. The general conversation about Tiger Woods tends to veer into weird, dark, negative territory whenever he is struggling. Who needs that.
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:50 am

Some intrigue has been set up for the final round. I am not so bullish on Tiger's chances. He looked stiff yesterday. It's a gradual process and this is just another baby step probably--first time in contention for TW 4.0. Just hoping he can get that solo second and live to see another tournament. That said, does the guy really want to tee it up again next week? Lot of grind for a guy still trying to recover from back surgery, and who swings all out all the time.

That said, if he plays Barclay's, we might attend. So we are Tiger fans. Sue us why don't you.
A golfball wizard's

jfurr

Post by jfurr » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:48 pm

text from my neighbor just now:

"Dust storm reported in Greensboro this morning.
No wait. It's just tiger washing his red shirt."
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

legitimategolf
Site Admin

Post by legitimategolf » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:07 pm

brianmk24

Post by brianmk24 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:16 am

legitimatebeef wrote:Some intrigue has been set up for the final round. I am not so bullish on Tiger's chances. He looked stiff yesterday. It's a gradual process and this is just another baby step probably--first time in contention for TW 4.0. Just hoping he can get that solo second and live to see another tournament. That said, does the guy really want to tee it up again next week? Lot of grind for a guy still trying to recover from back surgery, and who swings all out all the time.

That said, if he plays Barclay's, we might attend. So we are Tiger fans. Sue us why don't you.
If you come down this way next weekend, let me know. Plainfield's pretty close and one of the shuttle lots (Oak Ridge Park) is practically around the corner from my apartment.

legitimategolf
Site Admin

Post by legitimategolf » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:21 am

brianmk24 wrote:
legitimatebeef wrote:Some intrigue has been set up for the final round. I am not so bullish on Tiger's chances. He looked stiff yesterday. It's a gradual process and this is just another baby step probably--first time in contention for TW 4.0. Just hoping he can get that solo second and live to see another tournament. That said, does the guy really want to tee it up again next week? Lot of grind for a guy still trying to recover from back surgery, and who swings all out all the time.

If you come down this way next weekend, let me know. Plainfield's pretty close and one of the shuttle lots (Oak Ridge Park) is practically around the corner from my apartment.
Did you not watch the T-V my friend. What's his name didn't hold up his end of the bargain.