The Tiger Thread

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: The Tiger Thread

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:59 am

At the end of the day, Tiger is just a guy who hits cool shots. We all want to hit cool shots and we admire them. I hate Phil, but what can I do, that guy hits cool shots too. At the end of the day, these are just guys on TV. Again we are not watching them for their personalities. IMO.
Build a bridge and get over it.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:01 am

jattruia wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:58 am
If i knew how to add a gif, i would add Happy Gilmore 'You're the best i'm the worst. You're right, i'm wrong, etc...

But i'm too old to figure that out.
I'm not trying to gloat. It's just that I felt your original stance was a bit unreasonable. They're all just guys who hit shots. Tiger is better at it than most, that's ultimately why he gets more coverage than no-names who happen to be riding a wave that week.

jattruia

Post by jattruia » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:02 am

I'm still not convinced he's 'back.'

He's playing well, oh. my. god. i get it. Doesn't mean he's going to take the tour by storm again though.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:14 am

Just want to point out that nobody gives you a hard time over Chesson Hadley or any of the hot youngsters that you get excited over.

DougE

Post by DougE » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:39 am

Paying close attention to the Tiger Tracker, but a little disappointed his round isn't being televised on TV/Golf Channel right now. C'mon, this is a big deal.

He's playing at about 50% of his old self and tied for the lead right now. Whether he stays in the mix or not in this event, we now are assured, he still can be competitive if he doesn't get injured. If he continues to get more back to his previous abilities, those who forgot (or never experienced it) will all soon remember why the Tour guys from the early 2000s pretty much came to play for 2nd place. And the big names of today, may also soon realize, they may not be as big as they think. Go Tiger!

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:45 am

DougE wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:39 am
Paying close attention to the Tiger Tracker, but a little disappointed his round isn't being televised on TV/Golf Channel right now. C'mon, this is a big deal.

He's playing at about 50% of his old self and he is leading solo right now. Whether he stays in the mix or not in this event, we now are assured, he still can be competitive if he doesn't get injured. If he continues to get more back to his previous abilities, those who forgot (or never experienced it) will all soon remember why the Tour guys from the early 2000s pretty much came to play for 2nd place. And the big names of today, may also soon realize, they may not be as big as they think. Go Tiger!
Fixed your post.

But I don't buy that everyone will be playing for 2nd anymore. The depth and talent of the players is too good now. There are numerous guys that if they are on and Tiger is on they can compete with him. It just takes 1 of them to be on that same week.

Now if they aren't on and Tiger is on yes those 2nd tier PGA Tour guys (sorry Charl Schwartzel and co), will then be playing for 2nd.
Keep it short stupid.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:46 am

It is literally now the return of the mack, literally.

srogers13

Post by srogers13 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:47 am

I loved Phil's comment on the Dan Patrick Show the other day: Tiger will probably win this week just to one up me.

Also, if you want to have a good laugh at FIGJAM, listen to him talk to Dan about working out and why he does not do the bench press. (they were about to take bets on how much Phil could bench, but he stopped them to give a detailed dissertation.)
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:16 pm

Chesson Hadley just started his 2nd round. He is +4, two shots outside the cutline. You never know though.

sjduffers

Post by sjduffers » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:51 pm

jattruia wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:58 am
If i knew how to add a gif, i would add Happy Gilmore 'You're the best i'm the worst. You're right, i'm wrong, etc...

But i'm too old to figure that out.
Dang, that's another one that is claiming that being old is the reason they didn't or can't do this or that... What is this site? Just a bunch of old farts and Beef? :lolz :thumbs
I'm gonna go low this time...

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:55 pm

sjduffers wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:51 pm
What is this site? Just a bunch of old farts and Beef? :lolz :thumbs
Considering changing "#1 Chez Reavie Site" to this :gay

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:55 pm

srogers13 wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:47 am
I loved Phil's comment on the Dan Patrick Show the other day: Tiger will probably win this week just to one up me.
Tiger doesn't have to win. The golf world already forgot that Phil won last week. haha
Keep it short stupid.

DougE

Post by DougE » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:56 pm

Bogey free until the final hole. Damn. Maybe he can fix that tomorrow. He sounds confident. For real. Afternoon wave out soon. We'll see how scores play out in that wave and whether his tie for the lead holds up.

DougE

Post by DougE » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:56 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:55 pm

Considering changing "#1 Chez Reavie Site" to this :gay

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

sjduffers

Post by sjduffers » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:58 pm

Btw, I am with Beef and Doug on this one. Without saying that he will win 5 majors this year, it's pretty obvious after a dozen or so rounds on the PGA Tour this year that Tiger is (and maybe will stay) competitive. And I say: welcome back. I would love for Tiger to get to 83 wins in his career and even more that he get to 18 or 19 majors, so that Jack would finally shut up. Now, there's an old fart! ;)
I'm gonna go low this time...

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:48 pm

5 majors, 0 majors, I don't know, I don't care. I don't make predictions, there's nothing in it for anyone except to look stupid. I just hope that everyone has fun playing.

jattruia

Post by jattruia » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:58 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:48 pm
5 majors, 0 majors, I don't know, I don't care. I don't make predictions, there's nothing in it for anyone except to look stupid. I just hope that everyone has fun playing.
This i can get behind.

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:04 pm

So here is how much Tiger moves the needle.

My co-worker, a Russian woman who has been in the US 7 years, and doesn't play golf. She asked me the following today.

"Did you see Tiger is leading? Doesn't he have a bad back?"
Keep it short stupid.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:49 pm

All is not lost for the likes of Jattruia. Corey Conners still leads, and he is pretty young, and tight.

Seriously though, TV golf is going to be so hype this weekend. Suffice to say, biggest Valspar Championship ever.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:16 pm

I think we take it for granted that Tiger can just come back and do whatever he wants. Specifically, I was curious as to how he got into the Valspar, considering his OWGR and FedEX cup rankings. These articles were illuminating.

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/214 ... here-wants

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2015/01/0 ... o-win.html

Apparently, the WGCs are the only ones he'll ever have to 'earn' his way into.
Bluto did it

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:21 pm

Duke of Hazards wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:16 pm
I think we take it for granted that Tiger can just come back and do whatever he wants. Specifically, I was curious as to how he got into the Valspar, considering his OWGR and FedEX cup rankings. These articles were illuminating.

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/214 ... here-wants

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2015/01/0 ... o-win.html

Apparently, the WGCs are the only ones he'll ever have to 'earn' his way into.
Everyone calm down. DL3 also gets to play almost anywhere he wants by virtue of his 20+ wins, so does Phil.

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:13 pm

So after that chip in on 9 I looked at my wife and apologized for not getting anything done tomorrow afternoon. She said "yeah I already knew that."
Keep it short stupid.

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:09 pm

Hmmm... Sunday I may need to check the TV to see if it still works.

Win or flop, Tiger has inspired me. I admit I have been pretty down after my mediocre 2017 season, capped by my pathetic performance in the 2017 Newport Cup. It seemed to me that my better days of golf had passed me by and I was going to need to settle into "Senior Golf", playing from the "Ladies Tees" but with "Gold or Silver" markers, reverse pivoting because I try to swing so hard I can't keep my balance, hybrids down to the 8 iron, etc...

If Tiger can find the mojo to come back from back surgeries, 2 year layoffs and the full scorn from many golf sources, I can pull my shit together and play like I was 60 again. :thrust
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:44 am

bkuehn1952 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:09 pm
Hmmm... Sunday I may need to check the TV to see if it still works.

Win or flop, Tiger has inspired me. I admit I have been pretty down after my mediocre 2017 season, capped by my pathetic performance in the 2017 Newport Cup. It seemed to me that my better days of golf had passed me by and I was going to need to settle into "Senior Golf", playing from the "Ladies Tees" but with "Gold or Silver" markers, reverse pivoting because I try to swing so hard I can't keep my balance, hybrids down to the 8 iron, etc...

If Tiger can find the mojo to come back from back surgeries, 2 year layoffs and the full scorn from many golf sources, I can pull my shit together and play like I was 60 again. :thrust
THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT :fk This is going to make Jattruia laugh out his ass but I think of Tiger as like, the pied piper of us all. There is something about the way Tiger attacks the game that inspires people of all walks of life to go out and challenge their own shitty local courses. :puke

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:45 am

I got not one but TWO beers chilling in the fridge for this afternoon.