The Tiger Thread

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Re: The Tiger Thread

Post by jasonfish11 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:46 am

That is true.

Anyways his play inspired me. I took the first 2 days of the Masters off work. I plan to play a round in the morning, then pick my son up early from daycare go home and enjoy a tradition like no other.
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:09 pm

That's so great. :lolz I too am already looking forward to it. It's still over a month away though, don't want to get too excited. Hope Tiger don't injure himself before then. Maybe it's sad that fans now be worried like that but hey, what are you going to do. This is the new reality.

Anyhow Tiger was once again all smiles after round 4. I think it's fair to say now that winning regular TOUR events probably holds minimal appeal for him. Just thinking straight up numbers here. He has two big records ahead of him: trails Snead by 3 and Nicklaus by 4. IMO he could cement GOAT status by tying Nicklaus, because that would mean beating Snead's record at the same time.
A golfball wizard's
got such a supple wrist-cock

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:06 am

:thrust :gay :banana
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:13 pm

I have decided that if Tiger enters the weekend of the Masters inside the top ten, then I will whip up some of that pimiento cheese spread.
A golfball wizard's

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:29 pm

So my dad has gone or volunteered at the Valspar tournament for the last 5-6 years. He says that the crowds are insane right now. He sent me a picture of people 6-7 deep lining the entire hole 2 holes ahead of Tiger.

Given this is Tampa's 1st chance to see Tiger since before he had any majors I bet it's mayhem out there.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:40 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:13 pm
I have decided that if Tiger enters the weekend of the Masters inside the top ten, then I will whip up some of that pimiento cheese spread.
Inside the top 10 what? You mean finishes top 10 the week prior? Or top 10 in Vegas odds favorites? Also, you don't get to call it 'pimiento' after you bailed out of Mexifornia, snowflake.

sjduffers

Post by sjduffers » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:44 pm

Duke of Hazards wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:40 pm
legitimatebeef wrote:
Inside the top 10 what? You mean finishes top 10 the week prior? Or top 10 in Vegas odds favorites? Also, you don't get to call it 'pimiento' after you bailed out of Mexifornia, snowflake.
I read that to mean inside the top 10 of the tournament, i.e. after the first 2 days. You know that they maintain a current leaderboard from the first moment of the first day, right? :ohyeah
I'm gonna go low this time...

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:03 pm

Thank you SJ. I thought I could get away with a bit of shorthand, on this golf-oriented messageboard. And I was wrong.
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:04 pm

Tiger Woods'es's swing looks really good so far today. If I didn't know any better I'd say that someone's been practicing!
A golfball wizard's

jattruia

Post by jattruia » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:07 pm

I heard he already won the 2018 Masters.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:17 pm

Lay off man, I already admitted a long time ago that Tiger sucks. Just want to watch the old guy hack it around. If you want to go bother some actual delusional Tiger Tards, you are barking up the wrong website. Only realistic Tiger Tards here.
A golfball wizard's

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:56 pm

jattruia wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:07 pm
I heard he already won the 2018 Masters.
He will win 5 majors this year. Book it.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:00 pm

Let me just point out that Tiger still has more wins than Rickie Fowler, Chesson Hadley and the rest of your little party crew. You can even take it back to when Tiger was Chesson's age--still way more wins.

Thus whenever you rag on Tiger and his 79 wins, you are by extension ragging pretty hard on your own guys.
A golfball wizard's

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:10 pm

sjduffers wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:44 pm
Duke of Hazards wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:40 pm
legitimatebeef wrote:
I read that to mean inside the top 10 of the tournament, i.e. after the first 2 days. You know that they maintain a current leaderboard from the first moment of the first day, right? :ohyeah
Okay, I didn't see weekend, just 'week'. I'm tired okay, and old. That's my story.

DougE

Post by DougE » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:05 pm

Tiger looked good today. Real good. Not great, but real good.

Considering he is playing in a full field of professional PGA Tour golfers, in only his 11th round back on Tour, and is tied for 8th, 3 shots back, it's time to start believing this comeback might really be different.

I wish the haters could see how special this man was, and IMO, might just still be. This is why he gets sooo much coverage. He is the most amazing golfer to ever live. At this point Jack is still the BOAT, but I'm not so sure Tiger is done winning majors yet based on what he has shown me lately. He deserves all the attention he gets, even though I would bet he personally would like a little less attention while he works on getting his game back.

And by the way, he is still a long way off from performing at his peak. Not his old peak. That ship has sailed. Just his new potential peak, at 42 years old and after 5 or 6 back surgeries. So, if he can stay healthy, watch out PGA Tour. I believe you guys are going to start feeling the pressure he brings, just by being there, again.

For now, not bad for a rusty, old 14-time Major Champion with 79 Tour wins. Let me say that again.14 Majors and 79 wins. He knows how to win. I believe he will again soon.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:09 pm

This one's for you beef. A poster someone put together on reddit. Make sure to instagram your #pimientocheese

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:53 pm

#CHILLS :bawl
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:01 pm

A golfball wizard's

sjduffers

Post by sjduffers » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:18 am

Duke of Hazards wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:10 pm
Okay, I didn't see weekend, just 'week'. I'm tired okay, and old. That's my story.
Being that you're old, I won't hold it against you: that just wouldn't be right! ;)
I'm gonna go low this time...

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:13 am

So after the range today I see TW pared holes 10 & 11. Then on the way to work I heard "Return of the Mack" on the radio I laughed and thought "is that a sign". I get to work to see he birdied 12 and 13. :yess

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:04 am

jasonfish11 wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:13 am
So after the range today I see TW pared holes 10 & 11. Then on the way to work I heard "Return of the Mack" on the radio I laughed and thought "is that a sign". I get to work to see he birdied 12 and 13. :yess
This would be a good headline should Tiger somehow make it back to the winner's circle.
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:09 am

I wish Jattruia could've seen the round yesterday. Tiger was paired with the present-day crown prince of golf and besides the scores, Tiger just looked like the more elite player. Don't get me wrong I recognize Jordan's greatness. But I am sorry he has far fewer shots in the bag. Tiger is an all-time great shotmaker. We are not just dealing in nostalgia any more. Tiger is delivering compelling golf IN THE HERE AND NOW :onfire
A golfball wizard's

jattruia

Post by jattruia » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:55 am

I get it, i'm completely in the wrong to not root for him. I've plead my case and lost. Apparently i have forgotten that 10 years ago he was amazing, and his playing potential well into his 60's will still be better than everyone on tour. I clearly have no respect for the game, nor for what he's done. I'll see myself out. Also, you may want to change that Chez Reavie title up top. You may not be the number one Tiger site, but the site is clearly moving up the ranks.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:57 am

jattruia wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:55 am
I get it, i'm completely in the wrong to not root for him. I've plead my case and lost. Apparently i have forgotten that 10 years ago he was amazing, and his playing potential well into his 60's will still be better than everyone on tour. I clearly have no respect for the game, nor for what he's done. I'll see myself out. Also, you may want to change that Chez Reavie title up top. You may not be the number one Tiger site, but the site is clearly moving up the ranks.
Nobody ever says you are wrong for not rooting for him. You just insisted that he was done, and that the game should focus on the players who are playing well. :gay
A golfball wizard's

jattruia

Post by jattruia » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:58 am

If i knew how to add a gif, i would add Happy Gilmore 'You're the best i'm the worst. You're right, i'm wrong, etc...

But i'm too old to figure that out.