ODU beats #13 VT as a 4 TD underdog
FSU scored more than 7 points
Oh and tiger is the headline of all sports sections
Keep it short stupid.

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: The Tiger Thread

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:19 am

Before this year me and golf-on-tv were on the rocks. Today, I am seeing golf-on-tv in a whole new light. I actually find myself looking forward to the so-called "major championships" of 2019 and (gulp) beyond. :facepalm
Build a bridge and get over it.

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:23 am

legitimatebeef wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:19 am
Before this year me and golf-on-tv were on the rocks. Today, I am seeing golf-on-tv in a whole new light. I actually find myself looking forward to the so-called "major championships" of 2019 and (gulp) beyond. :facepalm
Ah, you have 199 days to change your mind. Damn we have 2 whole seasons of weather to get through before the Masters.
Keep it short stupid.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:56 am

Ryder Cup Tards, unite! :banana

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:25 pm

legitimategolf wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:59 pm

It's been over a month since the withdraw at Torrey Pines. Bay Hill is a course on which he's won many times, and where the host is going to be pissed about the no-show, so for him to not be ready seems like a bad sign. A sign that either the game is not progressing, or he just can't find the motivation. If it is the former, then truly disturbing to think that a player of that caliber could inexplicably lose it like that.

I am losing faith. The more I consider the possibility of this being the beginning of the end, the more it makes sense. If Tiger Woods is burned out and no longer gives a shit, it would not be that surprising.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:29 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:05 pm
Noticed that Ceebee has changed his sig from "Tiger will be back!" to the decidedly less optimistic "Tiger is F'n done!"

That bums me out a little.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:30 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:27 am
The latest Tiger news is pretty grim. But it's not really moving the needle. People have grown weary of his travails I guess.

I'm not hopeful about his chances. Not that I don't think he can recover from this latest surgery. It's just that, listening to him talk during his latest comeback attempt, he is still fixated on swing speed. I am not going to say he is foolish for doing so because he obviously knows a lot about the formula for winning pro golf tournaments (and I don't) and no doubt high swing speed is part of that formula. But from my armchair I can't see how all that hard swingin' for the fences can co-exist with his troubled back condition.

Unless the dude comes back with a vastly retooled precision game, more like a David Toms or Sack Johnson, I will remain not hopeful. However reinvention may or may not be in the realm of possibility for an lifelong slugger like Woods who has probably been swinging 110% since toddler-hood.

To be completely honest as a Tiger fan, I am mentally kind of consoling myself with the notion that the guy achieved a ton in his career and is still indisputably in the top 3, probably top 2, and arguably the greatest, of all time. That's not a bad run at all.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:35 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:50 pm
DougE wrote:
legitimatebeef wrote:I actually don't mind being the world's last TW fan. I am a bit of a non-conformist so it suits me fine.
Sorry Beef, you will have to fight me for that title. But it is nice to know there is at least one other dedicated fan to help me cheer him on.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:35 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:51 pm

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:38 pm

jasonfish11 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:45 am
DougE wrote:
Some analysts, with far more knowledge of Tiger than me, have qualified that IF Tiger can get healthy, he still has a good shot. I think even Brandal Chamblee admitted that.
I agree with this. But at this point that IF is starting to look really slim.

Like as slim as all of the following happening in the same year.
Britain leaves the EU
Trump becomes president
Leicester City wins the English premier league

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:40 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:40 am
Fuck it, it was a good run. Not really talking about Tiger, but about me as a golf-on-tv viewer. There were some real highlights I tell you what. Ultimately though, you just knew that it had to end at some point, and we'd all have to get back to our boring lives. You can only be a hardcore fan of TV golf for so long. Nobody is really able to sustain a high level of fan-interest through multiple generations. And there's really nothing wrong with that. Personally I am looking forward to more Sundays watching my next-favorite golfer in action. That's right motherfuckers, I am talking about myself. :fu

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:40 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:23 pm
It used to seem like TW had it all. For a while there, his bounty of blessings was astronomical. They piled up halfway to the moon it seemed like. What's going on now makes sense I guess. The dude lived hard in his prime. Talking about all the off course adventuring, with the bitches, and then with the vanity military training skydiving skiing and whatever else. But mainly it was the intensity with which he played. The way he swung in competition, he pushed the body to the limit. Probably the mind too. He played golf harder than anybody ever. Talking about all the crazy body twisting rescue shots, the 200y hooking 8-irons, 3-irons out the lips of fairway bunkers and what not. Remember he broke his achilles making a crazy squatting swing at #17 at Augusta. And the whiplash driver swings which were pretty much the norm. Grinding for 2-3 years to learn a Sean Foley stack and tilt influenced swing couldn't have helped either. On top of all that he probably jogged a little too much for a guy with that lifestyle and physically repetitive job stress.

Post surgery he seemed to recover fine but once he got back to competition he still played intense, still swung hard and fast and I'm guessing fuct up his back that way. Unless he can learn to play a radically different golf game, a version 4.0 or 5.0 or whatever, I don't think the back can withstand anymore of Tiger Woods 3.0 level of golf. This will probably also get the attention of guys like Day who swing hard and have back issues.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:17 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:47 pm
Forget about winning, Tiger is now hovering around the Tour Championship cutoff line. Important from a Tiger tard perspective because the TC represents one more opportunity to win in 2018, a small field and an event he was won multiple times and dominated.