The Paige Spiranac thread

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: The Paige Spiranac thread

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:14 pm

srogers13 wrote:Jfurrs lowest score at Charwood, because he can't score.
Agreed. Not even close. Girl like Paige thinks very highly of herself, doubt she spreads that easy.
Build a bridge and get over it.

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:39 pm

She seems like an attention whore. The ones I've known aren't really prudes. But they do hold out for that douchebag looking guy that couldn't tell you what 2+2 equals with out looking at his fingers.
Keep it short stupid.

jfurr

Post by jfurr » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:44 am

Contest: play with Paige at Pebble Beach:

https://cdn.gottagolf.com/play-golf-wit ... e-giveaway

(sponsored by some new golf social media website)
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:41 am

jfurr wrote:Contest: play with Paige at Pebble Beach:

https://cdn.gottagolf.com/play-golf-wit ... e-giveaway

(sponsored by some new golf social media website)
This is pretty funny. Let's just lay it all out there. Here is a hot chick, you're a hard-up male. She is a nobody, but to play a round of golf with her is a chance of a lifetime by simple virtue of her good looks. Pffft. For all we know she is despicable person and lousy company on the golf course. There is more to people than looks, people! Paige looks great but I am sorry, she has yet to show me any indications of being a wonderful person on the inside and until that happens I'm staying out of this contest.

CeeBee

Post by CeeBee » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:05 pm

Pebble Beach with her? Free? Uh...yeah.
Tee it up!

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:25 pm

I am with CeeBee. Who cares what her personality is? I am playing Pebble Beach ... for FREE!!! As far as I would be concerned, she would just be someone to run over to the hot dog stand and get me something to eat. She wants to wear something skimpy? Fine. I am playing golf.

My biggest problem would be convincing Josie that I am just flying out to CA to play golf.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:12 pm

Good luck guys, I really mean that.

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:06 pm

Well, I have signed up .. for what I am not sure. It would be a hoot if in 6 months the phone rings ...

Me: Hello?
Caller: Good morning Mr. Coon (everyone mispronunces my name - it is "Keen")
Me: How may I help you (or "What the F do you want" depending on the circumstances)
Caller: We are calling on behalf of "Gottagolf", the premiere gol ...
Me: Yea, Yea. What the F do you want?
Caller: Well Mr. Coon, you have been selected to play a round of golf with Paige Spiroknockers at Pebble Beach!!
Me: What?
Caller: You may recall entering a contest... Pebble Beach...young single blonde woman... remember?
Me: Hey, is this some sort of a joke? Did one of those dirtbags at Legitimategolf give you my phone number?
Caller: No sir, this is totally legitimate. One month from now you and Paige will be teeing it up at Pebbl ...
Me: Not interested ... click

Sorry Paige, guess you are playing as a single.
Let's Play 36

MattF

Post by MattF » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:14 am

bkuehn1952 wrote: Good morning Mr. Coon (everyone mispronunces my name - it is "Keen")
In my head I pronounce your name "Cooen".
Throw me another ball will ya!

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:03 am

I would have went with coon.

But no one can get my last name correct either even though it sounds exactly like it is spelled. I guess most people freak out and start making sounds up if the word is longer than 8 letters.
Keep it short stupid.

brianmk24

Post by brianmk24 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:21 pm

Fish is pretty easy to say.

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:10 am

It's pronounced fE-shA (its French)

:D
Keep it short stupid.

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:19 pm

I was advised that winners have been chosen in the "Play with Paige" contest. Since no one has sent me a congratulatory email, the presumption is I was not one of the winners. I truly signed up just for the chance to play Pebble again. That's my story and I am sticking with it.

Any of you guys win?
Let's Play 36

jfurr

Post by jfurr » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:47 am

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:49 am

The Paige World Tour steamrolls on. Next stop Dubai, to compete in a Ladies European Tour event. She is unstoppable at this point. Nothing to do now except sit back and watch the entire world of golf fall at her feet.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:32 am

Why am I the one now carrying the torch here. So Paigey shot 77 in Dubai. Said she was crying n' throwing up in her hotel the night before, that she is distraught at all the haters, and admits that she didn't deserve the invitation. Oh noez, that don't sound like the attitude of a champion golfer! On the bright side I am sure she made friends with lots of sheiks and rich guys and what not.

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:21 pm

I'd be happy to shoot 77 in Dubai. If I had won the "Round with Paige" contest, I might have had a chance of beating her.
Let's Play 36

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:40 pm

Let's get real here, before feelings get hurt. Paige is better off as an Instagram phenomenon. Inside her little fantasy world of halter tops, yoga pants and carefully selected angles, she looks so hot you want to snap your pencil in frustration. On the course, inside the sweaty, grinding, dog eat dog world of professional tour golf it's a little different story.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:58 am

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/golf/em ... es-masters
DUBAI // Paige Spiranac walked off the 18th green at Emirates Golf Club, set to walk out of the 2015 Omega Dubai Ladies Masters for good, and could not contain her emotions.

The American, playing her first professional tournament after accepting a sponsor’s invite, had just carded a seven-over par 79, meaning she concluded the event at 12-over with only five names below her on the leaderboard.

Asked to sum up her performance, Spiranac quipped that “a bar of soap could have probably played better,” a reference to a pre-tournament quote from World Golf Hall of Famer Laura Davies. Then came the tears.

“It was just a tough week for me, a lot of stress,” Spiranac managed, searching for the positives. “It was a great learning experience for me, I’m going to take a lot from it. I think I’m upset because it’s just been so much stress on me and a lot of pressure.

“I was invited here and wanted to prove it was for reasons other than just my social media.”

Spiranac’s online profile is considerably more substantial than her golfing CV. The former San Diego State player, 22, has more than half a million followers across Instagram and Twitter, so her every move is chronicled and, at times, criticised, too.

Speaking directly after her pro debut came to a premature end, Spiranac was obviously still reeling from a testing couple of days mixing it with the cream of the Ladies European Tour. Subsequently, the tear-jerk account of her week probably promoted a knee-jerk reaction.

“I’m definitely not going to look at my phone for a while, probably take a break from social media to step away and re-evaluate everything,” she said, as she tried to lighten the mood a little. “At the moment, the clubs are going in the water.

“I learned a lot this week and I grew a lot as a person. But I’ll go back home and re-evaluate everything and see if golf is still in my future or not.”

Her immediate future is a lot clearer. Spiranac followed Wednesday’s 77 with a 79 that included seven bogeys, one double-bogey and two birdies to come in eight shots below the cut-line.

She joked that at least the missed cut freed her up to see some more of Dubai, in what is her first trip outside of the United States. Understandably, Spiranac was worried about the waves her performance would create back on the other side of the Atlantic.

“It took a lot to come out here and go to a new country for the first time and playing in my first professional event with all these people looking at me and staring and wondering how I was going to do,” she said.

“I haven’t really been sleeping this whole week. A lot of pressure on me, a lot of which was self-induced. I worked really hard and I wanted to play really well. This isn’t how I play or have been playing, so it’s frustrating and very disappointing. Hopefully I can learn from this and grow as a person.”

Spiranac’s caddie for the week, a teaching professional at Emirates Golf Club named Brian Smyth, said he had been impressed with how hard she grinded throughout the entire round. Surely something to build on, then.

“My parents raised me well, they told me to fight for everything and I did,” Spiranac said. “I’m proud of coming out here and getting through this. I’ll definitely carry this with me for the rest of my life.

“Hopefully, other people now know about this tournament, are watching this tournament and I hope they watch the next two days and know how amazing these players are. I learned a lot and I’m really grateful for this experience.”

It may prove to be her only one on the Ladies European Tour. When it was put to Spiranac if she would like to return to the circuit, she responded: “I wanted to before all of this, but I’m just not sure if I have it in me or if I’m cut out for this.”

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:05 am

I think it's sad how you guys have suddenly abandoned all interest in this girl, the instant it became apparent that she's not the next great professional women's golf champion.

It's not about winning or losing, it's about how you play the game you bums.

jfurr

Post by jfurr » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:46 pm

I hope she bounces back.

YOU KNOW WHAT I"M SAYIN'!! :shifty:

jfurr

Post by jfurr » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Seriously, what did anyone expect?

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:48 pm

Sorry, I have been distracted because of:

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2015/12/ ... gaged.html

In a creepy sort of way they look like brother/sister
Let's Play 36

jfurr

Post by jfurr » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:54 pm

bkuehn1952 wrote:In a creepy sort of way they look like brother/sister
Creepy indeed

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:54 am

jfurr wrote:Seriously, what did anyone expect?
Not surprised at the scores, but was surprised at her reaction to them. Before this she was proclaiming that she would do anything to get to the LPGA (exact words) and then after two measly rounds--which were not complete catastrophes arguably--she's like, Uhh I'm not sure I'm cut out for this.

Maybe she bit off more than she can chew. On Instagram she became a sensation. But I guess that Instagram is not a real world. Let this be a cautionary tale for any young hotties looking to exploit golf to satisfy their own narcissistic impulses.