Rating the 2016 LPGA Rookies - Part 1

tonyj5

Rating the 2016 LPGA Rookies - Part 1

Post by tonyj5 » Thu May 12, 2016 7:44 pm

With the LPGA season about 1/3 complete I would like to take a look at how the rookies are faring so far this year. I will do this again at the 2/3 mark and a final time at the end of the season.

These ratings are strictly based on how they fared in LPGA events only. Any successes or failures on other tours are not considered here. My main objective here is to analyze the chances of these rookies retaining their LPGA cards next season.

Depending on the player's Priority rating, some have played up to 10 events this year, others haven't teed it up at all. I have given grades to all players that have played in at least 2 tournaments.

You might think that some of these grades I have given are harsh, but this is the big time now, and these players have to take advantage of every opportunity, or risk losing their cards.

Here is my Report Card:

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2016/05/ ... art-1.html

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: Rating the 2016 LPGA Rookies - Part 1

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu May 12, 2016 8:54 pm

The 2016 Rookie of the Year is In Gee Chun. You know it and I know it. Right now. Anyone who wants to start in with the argument that she is not really a rookie, put up your fists and bring it on. This is a girl barely out of high school, I doubt she ever left Korea prior to playing the US open last year. These tournaments she is playing on the LPGA schedule in 2016, guess what, she never played them before. As new to her as they are to Megan Khang or Gaby Lopez or whoever. It's you same jerks that robbed Hideki Matsui of the AL Rookie of the year in 2003 on the reasoning that he had already been a pro in Japan. Aren't AAA minor leaguers technically professionals? WTF?! GAhhhhh are you gonna put your fists up or what! Besides her incomparable play In Gee Chun is enhancing the LPGA's brand in ways you cannot even imagine. GTFO.
A golfball wizard's
got such a supple wrist-cock

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Re: Rating the 2016 LPGA Rookies - Part 1

Post by bkuehn1952 » Mon May 16, 2016 7:11 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:...put up your fists and bring it on.
Have you taken your shirt off? Or was this just a metaphorical challenge to fight? :?:
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!