Brooke Henderson Wins First Major Championship!!!

tonyj5

Brooke Henderson Wins First Major Championship!!!

Post by tonyj5 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:01 pm

In what was probably the most exciting finish of the LPGA season thus far, eighteen year old Brooke Henderson has won the 2016 KMPG Women's PGA Championship. She did it by defeating Lydia Ko, the number one player in the world, on the first playoff hole.

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2016/06/ ... major.html

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: Brooke Henderson Wins First Major Championship!!!

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:17 pm

After sinking the winning putt Brooke looked like a little kid on xmas morning, huge s-eating grin. (Do they have x-mas up in Canada btw?) Other than that who cares. IMO. I saw her play quite a bit during last year's tourney and was struck by her talent and professionalism. Seems genial enough as a person as well. However there is not necessarily much else for me to get excited about. Yeah okay she is young and we live in a youth-idolizing culture. But other than that she is just the latest player to enter the upper echelon. There is always an upper echelon. Sorry maybe I just get annoyed anytime some young white kid wins a golf tournament and all the pundits start in with the "golf/LPGA/PGATour is in great hands" rhetoric. Sorry but what the hell does that mean?! What's the implication there? That every LPGA cast of characters prior to this one has been a bunch of ugly, unappealing, shifty, untrustworthy harpies who did their best to sabotage the business of women's golf? Because that's certainly the vibe I get whenever I hear that. At the last Memorial tournament Jack Nicklaus actually said that what he likes about the new generation of top golfers, is that they are such nice young men, polite, respectful, etc. Again, what the hell does that even mean and what are you getting at old man? Are my questions to you all.
Build a bridge and get over it.